• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thiago Alcântara

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
What has been his injury record overall?

If we get him AND Partey + Dani on loan we should be set for the season.

That's the three mentioned, plus Xhaka, Willock and William for the center three.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
What has been his injury record overall?

If we get him AND Partey + Dani on loan we should be set for the season.

That's the three mentioned, plus Xhaka, Willock and William for the center three.

Hes been a lot better recently. But prior to the past couple of seasons he wasnt playing over 15 league games a season.

Considering the wages it would be a risk as the prem could crock him. But a risk worth taking i think.

Would have good options overall with Xhaka, Thiago, Ceballos, Partey, Willock, ESR and Willian for 3 positions.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

But a risk worth taking i think.
All depends on what issues he had in the past because it’s a huge risk at 250k per week.

You might have to build your squad in a way where you can try and meet your targets without relying on him and treat him being fit as a bonus. Don’t think we can afford to do that.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Just in case anyone else opens this buzzing at the 4 new pages of rumours, the mail (tier *****) are saying we’ve ‘made an enquiry’.

Nothing to see here.

Didn’t Darren say we were after a Bayern player not named Thiago as well a few weeks back?

Although Z seems to be quoting this guy. :lol:

Santi Claus

This is real wishlist stuff and he's absolutely world class at what he does in midfield, I'd be delighted to get him. Can't imagine any way we manage to get him over Liverpool though or even him being interested in the first place.

I'd 100% take him over Ceballos if it had to be one or the other even with his injury record.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Can't imagine any way we manage to get him over Liverpool though or even him being interested in the first place.
I don’t think I he cares about trophies as much if he’s leaving Bayern. He’s looking for a payday or change of scenery so we’d be a valid option.

The only way we get him ahead of Liverpool is by paying for him. Liverpool know they can get him for free in four months and I don’t think they want to pay.

wolfkidultman

We’d need a really good backup to him if he was to sign. Ceballos at the very least. Can’t afford to play half the season with our current options because he’s out injured.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
We finished eighth and don’t have money. We can only sign elite players if there’s an asterisk by their name.

With Thiago it’s the fact he’s injury prone, 29 and could be signed for free in 4 months. Understand the points for signing and not signing him so not too fussed.

Like I said, Thiago would be the best CM in the league. If you add Partey and they work out together as good as we'd imagine, we could already have the best midfield in the league - from the worst of the top clubs to the best, can you ****ing imagine ?

But still, I'd agree, as I've seen Thiago all the time time having too many injuries here.
If he's getting kicked in the Prem day 1 and gets injured, we are at square one for creativity again

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Didn’t Darren say we were after a Bayern player not named Thiago as well a few weeks back?

Although Z seems to be quoting this guy. :lol:

This Patrick Moreau fella tweeted on 7/24 that Gabriel was joining us.... Thiago would be a dream signing really.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Makes you think.

Excellent highlight reel! 4 posts of me suggesting we won't smash our transfer record on Pepe and we won't get Thiago. Will you apologise if we don't get Thiago?!

Happy to be wrong though.

We won't finish top 4 next season..

Reactions: A_G

Steev10

if he available and we can afford him they'll come this is our first 8th placed finish in 25 years still end up winning a trophy that doesn't make us a midtable side.
That’s a fair point, Arsenal isn’t a long term mid table Prem side, but we are an EL team and have been for several years. Our current trajectory is downwards (though I have faith Arteta will reverse that) and I cant see one of the best midfielders in the world who is 29 moving to us. This is Thiago’s last move, why would he take that risk by moving to Arsenal when I am sure there will be better options for him.

I genuinely hope I’m wrong, he’d be a game changing signing.

zilfy

That’s a fair point, Arsenal isn’t a long term mid table Prem side, but we are an EL team and have been for several years. Our current trajectory is downwards (though I have faith Arteta will reverse that) and I cant see one of the best midfielders in the world who is 29 moving to us. This is Thiago’s last move, why would he take that risk by moving to Arsenal when I am sure there will be better options for him.

I genuinely hope I’m wrong, he’d be a game changing signing.
I've heard people on here recently talking how getting Thiago, Aoaor, AND Partey would transform our midfield.
In what world? Not alot of expectation management going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom