• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
On his day an elite CM.
A few lapses in concentration & the odd sloppy moment against Sp**s but enough good stuff to show what he offers.

Real shame he has never had a full seasons fitness here & hit the highs constantly.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
We need to be moving this guy on if at all possible. We don't get value from him. He can't be relied upon over a season & he's a waste of a squad space tbh.

Same applies to Tomi & I'm incredibly disappointed with the club for extending Tomi. Jesus going in same direction.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Over the years we've had loads of unique players, just because we would lose one player with unique qualities doesn't mean we wouldn't be able to find someone with different characteristics but still on the same level.

This is true but I don’t see a lot of Thomas Partey’s out there. Two players I did see being decent deputees are Fernandez and Caicedo :lol:

We know how that went! I feel like what we have we should hold. Totally understand everyone’s skepticism though.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
This is true but I don’t see a lot of Thomas Partey’s out there. Two players I did see being decent deputees are Fernandez and Caicedo :lol:

This is why I think we need to migrate to a different way of playing - he’s too hard to replace to build a system around.

We have Rice now, I’d just build around him.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
This is true but I don’t see a lot of Thomas Partey’s out there. Two players I did see being decent deputees are Fernandez and Caicedo
Do we have to look for another Partey though? We might find another Cazorla or Silva out there which is a completely different type but it would bring different qualities. There's loads of options now that we already have a strong DMC in Rice

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

We know how that went! I feel like what we have we should hold. Totally understand everyone’s skepticism though.

The rotation of Partey/Jorginho with Rice/Ødegaard and perhaps Vieira/ESR/Havertz as options has proven to be good enough to challenge for the league even with Partey injured all the time, so although I would like it to be improved...there's only so many things you can do to go from here.

We should only be looking for top top DLP types and if they aren't available we shouldn't just splurge cash on players who aren't going to improve the options we have.

There's actually more top quality 8 and 9s around who are potentially available, also more wingers, and given Mbappe has officially told PSG to sit and swivel we should possibly prioritise that deal if there's a chance it could happen.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The rotation of Partey/Jorginho with Rice/Ødegaard and perhaps Vieira/ESR/Havertz as options has proven to be good enough to challenge for the league even with Partey injured all the time, so although I would like it to be improved...there's only so many things you can do to go from here.

We should only be looking for top top DLP types and if they aren't available we shouldn't just splurge cash on players who aren't going to improve the options we have.

There's actually more top quality 8 and 9s around who are potentially available, also more wingers, and given Mbappe has officially told PSG to sit and swivel we should possibly prioritise that deal if there's a chance it could happen.
Vieira/ESR are not part of any rotation whatsoever. The manager don’t trust or rate them. Vieira got 5 mins vs Chelsea only because we were 5 up

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

How is Edu going to work on transfers with Mikel if he’s in Saudi?

Jorgi has been offered a new contract, Partey as far as I can tell hasn't lol

Orny did confirm no players or deals would be discussed tho.

Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Jorgi has been offered a new contract, Partey as far as I can tell hasn't lol

Orny did confirm no players or deals would be discussed tho.
It was a joke, TEM was talking about Partey saying but I used the play on words to make it seem like he was talking about Edu staying in Saudi.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Despite how fascinating a top Partey can be, it's likely to be a dozen games a season at best. We can and should do better even if it's a durable 7/10 player.

Wonder how Arteta sees it all though, he could see it differently from many on here like he often does.
Arteta is quite obvious when he likes a player and doesn’t. Partey can have lots of sh*t performances back to back, injured all the time and yellow box but Arteta puts him right into the team anytime he’s fit even shoehorning him at RB.

He would’ve played every game over Jorginho this season if he was fit. I doubt Arteta is desperate to let him go.

fute

Arteta is quite obvious when he likes a player and doesn’t. Partey can have lots of sh*t performances back to back, injured all the time and yellow box but Arteta puts him right into the team anytime he’s fit even shoehorning him at RB.

He would’ve played every game over Jorginho this season if he was fit. I doubt Arteta is desperate to let him go.

Part of Arteta wants to let him go,but to a certain degree can't because he is too good, even at 50-60% right now. Even if he misses half of a season.

He is a security blanket type player for Arteta. The other being Saliba and at one point, Saka.

MikeVinna

Established Member
With one more year on his deal we should just wait to see how he starts the next season and whether he can stay fit. Can always offer an extension in january or end of season. And if he wants a move or is constantly injured again we can just let him go on a free and he’ll have given us his best years (albeit crippled by injuries).

With Rice, Partey, Jorgi here I’d rather see us go for a proper ‘8’..

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale has agreed to join Newcastle this summer [Sky Sports News]

Latest posts

Top Bottom