• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey (Out)

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

Pretty weak link. Would people be willing to sell a 28 year old, injury prone Thomas if it meant signing a better more durable one?

Personally I thought he improved a lot this season. But after Palace he seems to lack something. And getting older it's older going to get worse.

The problem is who replaces him. And who is going to buy him.

TinFish

Pretty weak link. Would people be willing to sell a 28 year old, injury prone Thomas if it meant signing a better more durable one?

Personally I thought he improved a lot this season. But after Palace he seems to lack something. And getting older it's older going to get worse.

The problem is who replaces him. And who is going to buy him.
Seems to be a nothing link, drivel written on the back of a shocking Crystal Palace performance in which he yet again got injured.

In an ideal situation we keep Partey and try to get the best CM we can possibly attract to the club. The only way Partey will leave is if he gets in the way of Arteta.

Diesel

Lol our most influential player. Esr and ode looked half the players without partey. Doesnt matter tho if hes gone for season 7th or 8th is where we finish.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Barely a link at all but will discuss, he is our best midfielder and a key player but saying that I still cannot see where he would go for the fee we would want.

Who would potentially be the buying club for him with his injury problems at a decent fee? I just cant see it.

Malky

Established Member
We're not selling our best midfielder. It would be a disgrace if Partey was sold before someone like Xhaka.
It's a very weak link, but i hope it's not the start of Partey being thrown under the bus here.
I mean, this club were open to giving Laca and Eddie contract extensions, but Partey is considered not good enough and should be shown the door? **** off.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
In theory, I would be fine with selling him to help fund a true stud in midfield like a Bellingham or Rice but since we can't attract that sort of player with a fool in charge and likely no CL football, I would rather we just keep him and hope he can stay fit. We won't get back enough to pay for a player who is actually better than him when fit. That said, Edu will probably give him away for a bag of charcoal for his endless barbecues while he should be working this summer.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
As inconsistent as he's been it would cost a lot more to replace him than what we'd likely get for him. Not a lot of guys out there who can play that lone defensive midfielder role who are both good enough and available at a decent price.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think the club will try to bring down the age of the squad. Leno, Laca, Partey and probably Cedric will go. Replace them with young players and no one can really have expectations on the team next season

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Sell him imo.

He was part of the old scout reports left behind therefore not a Teta signing.
I know you're kidding but you're right also.

The way Auba was ushered out, I defo believe this more than the Gabriel rumour, some of us even predicted this. The quality is obvious, but he hasn't justified the fee to date.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I know you're kidding but you're right also.

The way Auba was ushered out, I defo believe this more than the Gabriel rumour, some of us even predicted this. The quality is obvious, but he hasn't justified the fee to date.

How much do you think we’d get for him on the market? 20 to 25m?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

F*ck knows. If we sell now I think 20-30 mil is a fair price.

I had him penciled in to leave on a free or for 5-10 mil towards the end of his contract tbf. With these links however, we can't rule out loan into oblivion as well.
His wages makes impossible to sell him even for 20 million. I can see loan with obligation to buy to give the other club time

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Need to sell him, tbh.

Sell all our good players, so Don Arteta can hide behind my combined 11s next season 🔥

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

F*ck knows. If we sell now I think 20-30 mil is a fair price.

I had him penciled in to leave on a free or for 5-10 mil towards the end of his contract tbf.

🤣

Miktator fully at the wheel.

Going to actually laugh if this goes through and we sell Xhaka too. We’ll end up signing two shiny midfielders and the fans will be celebrating but they won’t realise, we’ll be one injury away from a disaster as we usually are.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom