• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
70 days left in the window bro :lol::lol:

Partey still has a CL run. I think the deals done and it'll be announced after they get knocked out of the CL.

Might go on vacation from AM then. Or just leave the transfer forum, and just keep notifications on from Orny. There was a time where i loved the transfer season, really spurred the imagination of wants and needs. Not i think its dreadful...

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That is what irritates about us & our transfers. We are never willing to pay the full amount to get the deal over the line then we've always got to look at the cheaper alternatives. On the other hand you've got United, City, Chelsea & Liverpool who no doubt wouldn't hesitate in paying the full amount if they know thats what will get the deal over the line. Even if we win the Cup & gets us more money I bet you we still won't be willing to pay the full amount. Hence why we are falling so far behind the general top 4 now.

I suspect it has a lot to do with uncertainty around our budget for next season until after the cup final.

Fees for most clubs are also rarely negotiated as a lump sum despite how they are reported. Quite often the sticking point is not the amount, but how that amount should be structured, as the selling club sometimes needs to meet future financial obligations and FFP constraints.

Clubs like City and Chelsea have actually spent less than us on individual transfers but close deals quicker because of their network and willingness to settle up front due to certainty around their financial future.

If we are talking to Atleti though, then it’s a positive. It may take a long time though.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Might go on vacation from AM then. Or just leave the transfer forum, and just keep notifications on from Orny. There was a time where i loved the transfer season, really spurred the imagination of wants and needs. Not i think its dreadful...

Mmm I love it and hate it at the same time. This time round there's just too much time to sit and dwell on things. With the season only being 6 weeks away lets hope we can get at least two in by then.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
@14Henry Sp**s are probably paying an up front payment of 5m for Hojberg. We would have to pay the whole 50m up front for Partey. That's something we cannot do. Especially until we know if we are in europe or not.

What part of this do you not get. You bang on about the importance of the fa Cup for funds but expect us to activate a 50m release clause right now?

If we dont have 50m upfront now we may as well look elsewhere then back to the bargain basement. I'm also sure we can strike a deal with Atletico if we are any good at negotiating.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
@AbouCuéllar there's a reason that Ted Knutson guy doesn't want Partey, his advanced stats are weak af, the same reason I'm not high on him either, and that's the owner of Statbomb. I agree getting a link from midfield to attack is much more important. A shame we've got all the pieces and they don't wanna develop Guendo. He's a 20 year old kid lmao the club is acting like he's a grown man and fully matured or something. Need to nurture him more.

Yeah, but tbf statsbomb wrote this article just a few months ago:

https://statsbomb.com/2019/11/thomas-is-the-life-of-the-atletico-madrid-partey/

Partey's stats are no doubt hurt by the environment he's playing in. Just as Dani doesn't have anyone to pass to in between lines (should I start saying mediapunta here or will people laugh at me, lol?) Atléti since this article was posted, where his radar looks rather good, has phased out Joao Felix and gone even more counter-attacking, using a CM (Llorente) as their link between midfield and attack, or even as a kind of second-striker, because while he's done fantastically well for them he's just about moments of brilliance on the counter with Simeone's system.

Thomas would definitely improve us, and Knutson's take is a bit exaggerated, IMO. The question is how much he would improve us, though. Certainly Dani is the player who is more important to retain. I fear also that Arteta is thinking about a conservative Xhaka-Partey-Ceballos midfield which would be far too sterile and impotent.

Guendouzi is toast, he's been rude to the manager and not apologised. Did you factor in to your risk analysis that if his petulance is allowed then Arteta looks weak and loses the dressing room?

I don't know if Partey is the answer but Guendouzi has to go

Right, but things happen quickly in football and Guendouzi is 21. I understand that if there's no way back for Guendouzi then obviously he has to be sold (even then, we need to sell and replace better than Guendouzi + paying 25m + high wage for Partey), but he's a 21 yr old kid and I really think there's gotta be a way for him to come back on board without Arteta losing face.

Last edited:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

If this is the case why cant we make a statement as a club buy him for the 50m.

Then after that any other signings come from selling players.

It shows Auba we are serious.

With the sale of Guendouzi and maybe one or two more players we could have another 50m to use.

Getting the deal done quickly is also important as one big injury during the European matches could mean he suddenly becomes a target for other teams.

Reactions: A_G

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If we do have that budget, we would be MUCH better off just buying Partey imo, one quality (and physical) midfielder would improve us more than anything, would allow us to actually match teams again in midfield.

Thomas added to Saliba (know he is a kid, and will be up and down, but feel he will make a difference to us staright away) that's two players in centre defence and centre midfield that can cope with the physicality in this league (we have zero atm)

Sometimes trying to do everything at once, instead of focusing on one thing at a time, means nothing will get done.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If we do have that budget, we would be MUCH better off just buying Partey imo, one quality (and physical) midfielder would improve us more than anything, would give us to actually match teams again in midfield.

Thomas added to Saliba (know he is a kid, and will be up and down, but feel he will make a difference to us staright away) that's two players in centre defence and centre midfield that can cope with the physicality in this league (we have zero atm)

And with the Guendouzi and other sales money anything else we need we can address with more time knowing we have the spine of the team strengthened.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
This was the Wenger way no doubt
The reason he did this, aside from being more cash strapped than the other top clubs in the PL, is that Wenger was always looking for a diamond in the rough or a bargain.
He also had connections everywhere and knew how to do business.

We don't have that anymore, so we either pay for the players we want or we fall down the pecking order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom