• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Good news that orny give us updates about Partey he always ready to give us depressing update if we not making progress in deals

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It's true that we're a very racist people on the whole but there's really no need to stereotype an entire country like this, no? And this comment isn't even true, as you go further south into North Africa or into South America you'll find much more racist peoples than us.

Anyways, in terms of the relevance to the discussion, Atlético has a culture of welcoming dark-skinned South American players--it's why in spanish they are called 'indios' or 'colchoneros'--and it is a culture that in general is hating of the (small also nowadays, but still associated) Madridista ultra sur franquista/neo-nazi groups, so I really don't think this is relevant to the discussion at all.

Anyways, Madrid is a big cosmopolitan city, trust me that we are discussing gender pronouns, feminism, the portrayal/existence of dark skinned actors in film as much as anyone, actually we're just as obsessed with these things as any people in any big city in the world (maybe except NY?). So yeah, if you want to say this about the people from small towns of our country be my guest because it's more or less true, but in a discussion about Atlético *de Madrid* it's really out of place. Thomas is loved by Atléticos because he's a canterano--academy player. His skin colour doesn't come into play.

Where abouts in Spain you from. I live up North.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
From Madrid. Where in the north? It's big haha (and lovely).

Asturias. Close to Gijon. Went to the Atletico v Arsenal match few years back in Wanda. Very impressive stadium and atmosphere.

Go to Madrid once or twice a year as other half has family there.

Have a friend works in the famous churros place up the little street beside the big nightclub there. Think the nightclub is called Joy cant remember was in it once but not for too long.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Asturias. Close to Gijon.
Very nice! Asturias is beautiful, just have to do a lot of exercise to offset the fabadas and delicious asturian food ;) . Or not.

If you're talking about Joy the churrería is probably San Ginés? That's the really classic/famous one right there in the centre near Joy.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Asturias. Close to Gijon. Went to the Atletico v Arsenal match few years back in Wanda. Very impressive stadium and atmosphere.

Go to Madrid once or twice a year as other half has family there.

Have a friend works in the famous churros place up the little street beside the big nightclub there. Think the nightclub is called Joy cant remember was in it once but not for too long.
Can y'all teach me spanish ?

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
What are you takes on Partey’s fit here btw @Rex Banter ?

Is he a world class player, worth us paying the release clause? Would he transform our midfield? And what do you make of Ted Knutson’s criticisms?
If he's world class, he wouldn't come here and he'd stay at Atletico or go to one of the other top clubs.

D

Dial Square 1886

De Bruyne is comparable, Silva not really even though he is class in his own right.

I think KDB is better personally, but that is only my opinion and recency bias does help!

I'm never really sure about Cesc, because that Barca stint in the middle of his career was a bit odd.

Such a shame he did not stay with us and become a gunners legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom