• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tuncay Şanlı

Status
Not open for further replies.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
thegame24 said:
Emre has done nothing in his career now probably never will

Greek league is superior to the turkish league your a fool if you think otherwise.

AEK, Olympiacos and Panathinaikos are better than Fenerbache and Galatasaray.
and oh yea Greeks won euro 2004 convincingly with a lot of greek league players

turkish league is just above the cypriot league.

You hate Turks too much. One thing for sure. They do have a bunch of talented very talented footballers and also big talents coming through.

As for Emre he was one of the best young footballers at Inter Milan. Like Mor said he was not used correctly and sold by new management. It happens. Waste of good talent really.

Greece are a poor footballing side to be honest. I cant bare to watch them and they hardly have players that excite.

In my opinion Turkey>Greece. You will see it more in the future.

USgooner

the way turkey played today vs. brazil was great. one of the more entertaining nil nil draws i've watched. granted brazil had a weakened team but the turks played very well linking passes and making forward runs. Tuncay was also very impressive. He had the movement of Hleb but more towards goal. good do well on the wing for us as i can't see him playing up front

Grampus_Eight

On the topic of Turkish talent (albeit a bit off topic) how is Nuri Sahin doing? It's been about 1.5 years since I heard much about him. I remember we were linked with him a while back.

stuart

Established Member
USgooner said:
the way turkey played today vs. brazil was great. one of the more entertaining nil nil draws i've watched. granted brazil had a weakened team but the turks played very well linking passes and making forward runs. Tuncay was also very impressive. He had the movement of Hleb but more towards goal. good do well on the wing for us as i can't see him playing up front

I'd agree with that. Turkey seemed to have some good players on show

Lev

Im not to sure of whats happening with Nuri, its hard to keep up with what hes doing when hes in Germany, but i get the feeling that hes being wasted. Few years back if he came to Arsenal he would've been like another Merida - hailed as the new Cesc etc. But i think hes progression hasnt been what was expected at Dortmund. Of course i could be wrong, but thats the way im seeing it at the moment, even if he does usually make the Turkey squad (albeit rarely plays)

Lev

Alfonso said:
I think the words were: The Turks tend to be not good travellers, yes its a generalisation, so sue me.Ive never said no Turkish players have been not successful in Europe, but the ones that have are rare and also, my main point, not one Turkish player has made it at a big club in a big league.

Nihat Kahveci went to Sociedad, a mediocre team, and nearly won the league with them in 02/03 i think it was. If i remember correctly it went down to the wire. That season Nihat was also one of the top goal scorers in the league. 2nd in La Liga and one of the top goalscorers? Oh no, Nihat wasnt a success......hes a Turk, he doesnt travel well.

Basturk at Leverkusen - they were on course for the treble.......completely screwed it up, but nearly. Champions league finalists, 2nd in the league, and from what i found on the internet they also got to the final of the German FA cup equivalent. Quite a good record for a player who joined them the previous year. But wait.....hes a Turk, they generally dont travel well

longrufus

Established Member
For Pete's sake people, if you want an argument over who's better, start a thread in Football talk. This is transfer talk, and this has nothing to do with anything.

XYZ dont travel well, its completely done to the person whether they travel well or not, not their nationality. Look no further than Reyes and Fabregas.

Now back on topic FFS!

Tuncay anyone?

Lev

[quote="thegame24"]I seem to remember pana destroying one of the turk teams a few years back.
come on now, tuncay wants to leave and one the teams hes linked to is a greek side

i think thats enough proof of the greek league being better.

im not saying its one of the best in europe but turkeys league is s**t face it.

i can admit the greek league is no where near standard of the the top leagues and i can admit the cypriot league is a joke.

Thats how you prove the Greek league is better? Fener raped Man U in Turkey, with Tuncay getting the hat trick. Does that automatically make Turkey a better league than England, and Tuncay the best player in the world? Of course it doesnt. How can you base anything on one match is beyond me.

Stop mentioning the Cypriot league, they're plumbers and electricians. Of course they're going to be ****e.

The Turkish league is not the best, but it sure as hell is better than the Greek league. Without a doubt, and only a Greek wouldnt see that. Which is why im going to try and stop arguing with you, but if history tells me anything its that i wont.

longrufus

Established Member
DROP IT!!

Neither of you lot is going to accept defeat, so this is just going to run and run. Just accept that you have differing opinions, and move on!

If you must argue back and fouth for the next decade, you can start a new thread in Football Talk.

Lev

Clarkey said:
Malouda is clearly left hand sided; sorry for my ignorance but is Tuncay right hand sided?

Right footed or RM? He is right footed but plays on the left and can play as a supporting striker. Iv rarely seen him play RM

Alfonso

Established Member
Lev said:
Nihat Kahveci went to Sociedad,

Basturk at Leverkusen -

This does not prove anything. Sociedad and Leverkusen are not big clubs. With those clubs there are less pressure and less expectation, so it is less demanding as a player to peform than if they were in a big club. But the bottom line is both those players didnt win anything with these clubs either.

Lev

Alfonso said:
Lev said:
Nihat Kahveci went to Sociedad,

Basturk at Leverkusen -

This does not prove anything. Sociedad and Leverkusen are not big clubs. With those clubs there are less pressure and less expectation, so it is less demanding as a player to peform than if they were in a big club. But the bottom line is both those players didnt win anything with these clubs either.

Well i wouldnt call Leverkusen a small club. OK recently they havent been where they should be, but they were consistent participants in the CL, and got to the final. If you're telling me a champions league finalist is not a big team, i dont know what is. Im not saying they're a Madrid or a Milan, but they aren't small are they. Alan Shearer won nothing with Newcastle, does that mean hes a bad player because he didnt win anything at Newcastle? During his career at the geordies, he won nothing, but he was still one of the best CF to ever play in the premiership.

Alfonso

Established Member
Lev said:
Well i wouldnt call Leverkusen a small club. OK recently they havent been where they should be, but they were consistent participants in the CL, and got to the final. If you're telling me a champions league finalist is not a big team, i dont know what is. Im not saying they're a Madrid or a Milan, but they aren't small are they. Alan Shearer won nothing with Newcastle, does that mean hes a bad player because he didnt win anything at Newcastle? During his career at the geordies, he won nothing, but he was still one of the best CF to ever play in the premiership.

I never said Leverkusen was a small club. But they are 100% and without a shadow of doubt not a big club. They have only won two trophies in their enitre history.

Alan Shearer was different, he played for the team he supported as a kid. Anyway, he already has a league title medal when he played for Blackburn.

Anyway, i heard there are some up and coming Turkish players, so maybe in the not too distant future one of them will be a proper big star in one of Europe's top teams.

Lev

Alfonso said:
Lev said:

I never said Leverkusen was a small club. But they are 100% and without a shadow of doubt not a big club. They have only won two trophies in their enitre history.

Alan Shearer was different, he played for the team he supported as a kid. Anyway, he already has a league title medal when he played for Blackburn.

Anyway, i heard there are some up and coming Turkish players, so maybe in the not too distant future one of them will be a proper big star in one of Europe's top teams.

Oh right hes different. No hes not. Hes a big player who won nothing for 10 years. In your books that does not make him a success. In mine it does. He did a great service for Newcastle, and was vital for them.

Iv always said that Turkish stars need to leave Turkey. Iv always said it to whoever i talk to about the Turkey and its players. More players need to leave in order to become world stars, which they are capable of doing. The Turkish league is average, and in order to become a big name you need to play in a big league. Id be happy for Tuncay to go to any English team that wont get relegated. As long as he plays against top players week in week out, he will get better. Unfortunately there isnt that option in Turkey at the moment.

It was your 'Turks are not good travellers' that pissed me off. Its a stupid statement to make. The reason a player can adapt to a league and thrive in it is not because of their race, its because of their talent and a little bit of luck (with injuries etc).

Nuri Sahin is Turkish right?

Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom