• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL – Arsenal vs Montpellier – 7:45pm – 21/11/12 | SS4

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
180px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png
Arsenal vs Montpellier
200px-Montpellier_HSC_logo.svg.png

-------------------------------------------------Emirates Stadium
---------------------------------------Wednesday 21st November 2012
--------------------------------------------------Kick off – 7:45pm
------------------------------------------
skysports4.gif

My Preferred Lineup:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Szczesny
- Sagna - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Vermaelen
- - - - - - - - - - - Wilshere - - - Arteta
- Walcott - - - -- - - - - Cazorla - - - - - - - -Podolski
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- Giroud

Bench: - Mannone, Gibbs, Jenkinson, Ramsey, Arshavin, Chamberlain, Chamakh

My Score Prediction

- Arsenal - 3 - - - Montpellier - 1
- Podolski -------- Belhanda
- Arteta
- Koscielny

dreamLord

Established Member
Screw the CL, we're going out in the next round anyway.

Rest Cazorla and Theo. We have 2 difficult away games to Villa and Everton in 6 days.

DasBootist

I agree about Cazorla needing a break, but Walcott should play if available. Wenger shouldn't worry about burn-out as it's a problem for his next employers really.

I'd like a clean-sheet for Szczesny and a win, obviously.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I'd think that Wenger will not choose the same lineup as against Sp*rs. One of Jenkinson or Santos will play as well as Ramsey. He might start with Arshavin too, so if results is not good Wenger could introduce Cazorla in second half. That little fella needs a breather.

This the lineup I expect

------------- Chesney ----------
Sagna ----- Per ------ Vermaelen ----- Santos
--------------- Arteta ------------------
-------- Wilshere ----- Arshavin ---
Theo ---------- Giroud -------- Podolski

leo_ense

Established Member
______________Szczesny________________
___Sagna_Koscielny_Mertesacker_Vermaelen_
___________Arteta___Wilshere____________
______________Cazorla_________________
___Walcott_____Giroud______Podolski_____

Subs: Mannone, Jenkinson, Santos, Arshavin, Chamberlain, Ramsey, Coquelin.

This is a must win game and I cant see Wenger resting too many players because of that, I think he will go with his strongest 11. If he does decide to rest players I can see Wilshere and Sagna being rotated, but that's it. Wenger said Gibbs and Gervinho have a chance for this so if they are fit I'd expect them to go into the squad.

MaestroCesc

Rest Podolski for Ox as he had a very good came v Sp**s and hanst had a start in ages due to injury.

Rest Sagna for Jenkinso as Bac nearly mised Sp**s due to fatigue and Jenko also hasnt played in ages. Otherwise i would keep the same team barring any other injuries

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
A lot of permutations left in this group, but we simply need to win this one, at home against these guys.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

We'll probably see the same as against Sp**s with one or two changes perhaps.

Wouldn't be a bad thing I think to rotate Sagna and Wilshere, they have been out for so long, yet we are relying heavily on them to perform.

Jenkinson and Coquelin would do the job, I reckon.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Still good chance for us to top the group if we win our remaining two games, Schalke ****ed up at home vs Montpellier and they still have to face them at their ground. They might even drop points tomorrow at home vs Olympiakos, their form dipped a bit after their win against us, just two wins in five games since then.

We'll definitely take the CL seriously, no point in calling Top 4 a trophy if we're not going to play full strength in the competition. We better should, I'd be willing to bet money that we'll face Barca if we finish 2nd.

Sagna definitely needs a rest, should be fine playing Jenkinson I think. Wilshere just had a good rest before the Sp**s game, think he could play this one too, he needs games to get up and running. Cazorla surely has to be rested here, play Arshavin and sub him in at 60 minutes if we're not leading. Giroud also has had two or three games every week for about a month now, but it doesn't look like playing Chamakh is an option, and Gervinho is probably still out injured.

mistaT

Established Member
Only player I'd look to rest is Podolski.

Think Ox could do a job on the wing for a game and Lukas is certainly feeling the effects of the league.

mo50

Established Member
Finally, a CL group game that's quite important. Montpellier weren't that impressive in the away fixture if I recall correctly, so we should have no problems beating them.

This will be the annual CL game where we spank our opponent at the Emirates. 5-0 will be the score.

dysphoria

Established Member
we really should win this game, assuming we do, what kind of results do we need to happen for us to finish first? Also, is is there any possibility of us to not needing to win away at olympiakos but still finishing first in the group?

McIntyre

Established Member
I have no idea why any of you are talking about resting players.

If we win this game and Schalke do us a favour by taking some points off Olympiakos we're basically through. If we don't take all 3 points here, we could have to go to Olympiakos needing to win or draw, and risk missing out on qualification.

I say, same team as against Sp**s, get the lead, bring on OX, Jenks, Ramsey Arshavin etc for the final half hour.

Villa and Everton away in quick succession may be a tough schedule, but if we don't get 3 points tomorrow and effectively seal qualification then it could play on our minds.

After the Sp**s game, another confident performance and victory could do us the world of good going into the next two games.

danccm

dysphoria said:
we really should win this game, assuming we do, what kind of results do we need to happen for us to finish first? Also, is is there any possibility of us to not needing to win away at olympiakos but still finishing first in the group?
We need Schalke04 and Olympiakos to draw and we win for us to be top of the group. Then the last game we need a draw and hope for schalke04 to draw also and possibly lose. but hoping for it is not good we just need to go and win it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Gibbs and Gervinho are back to the squad Walcott and Santos are out according to wenger.

Scezney

Sagna Tv5 Per Gibbs

Wilshere Arteta

AOC Cazorla Podolski

Giroud

2-0.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, I do think we can win this quite comfortably.

Although lets not forget how much of a danger montpellier pose aswell, in the 2nd half of the game at their ground they really came foward at us and tbh we were quite lucky to escape there with a win.

We have to make sure to kill em off early, Id prefer a less nervy affair than in Schalke!

dysphoria

Established Member
danccm said:
dysphoria said:
We need Schalke04 and Olympiakos to draw and we win for us to be top of the group. Then the last game we need a draw and hope for schalke04 to draw also and possibly lose. but hoping for it is not good we just need to go and win it.

right, thanks mate. Was hoping we could achieve guaranteed first place in the group before the olympiakos game so wenger could potentially rest the new boys and other key personnel like artekkers.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Rain Dance said:
Ramsey will start. 1-1 the result

i don't think he will start non of santi wilshere and arteta are injured. if you mean he will start on the wings god i don't hope so i want AOC start on the wings against Montpellier.

dysphoria

Established Member
Rain Dance said:
Ramsey will start. 1-1 the result

God no, i've been one of his staunchest backers but he really offers very little to the team on current form, he doesn't seem sharp and his thought process seems to have slowed down, remember him getting caught in possession a couple of times against yanited and against Sp**s as well, hopefully we can give him some game time when(if) we're 2-0 up or something, really hope the ox starts instead.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom