• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL – Arsenal vs Olympiacos – 7:45pm – 3/10/12 - SS4

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
180px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png
Arsenal vs Olympiacos
210px-Olympiakos4.svg.png

------------------------------------------------ Emirates Stadium
----------------------------------------Wednesday 3rd October 2012
-------------------------------------------------Kick off – 7:45pm
------------------------------------------
skysports4.gif

My Preferred Lineup:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Mannone
- Jenkinson - Mertesacker - Vermaelen - Santos
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Coquelin - - Arteta
- Chamberlain - - - - - - - Cazorla - - - - - - -Podolski
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Giroud

Bench: - Martinez, Koscielny, Gibbs, Frimpong, Ramsey, Gervinho, Walcott

My Score Prediction

- Arsenal - 4 - - - Olympiacos - 0
- Giroud
- Podolski x2
- Vemaelen

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Win this and we are in good position in the CL group stage, giroud need to start this one hope he gets a goal. and when Fabianski will back? at least he is a bit better then this clown mannone.

Mannone

Jenko Mertesacker Vermaelen Santos

Coquelin/Ramsey Arteta

Gervinho/Aoc Cazorla Poldi

giroud.

HeinrichII

The greeks will definitely park in the bus on their area, we must find quick the first goal, it will get difficult as time progresses.

Looking how today's lineup was, this is probably how the lineup will be in this game:

Mannone
Jenkinson Mertesacker Vermaelen Gibbs
Arteta Ramsey
Cazorla
Gervinho Giroud Podolski

Damn we so miss another attacking midfielder, we need Rosicky and Wilshere to be 100% fit ASAP, Ramsey is just not good enough but is the only other left, and Diaby again injured just proves that we can't rely on him no more.

I wish Chamberlain would start instead of Ramsey, but I don't think it's gonna happen, as long as Wilshere and Rosicky are injured, the preferred guy of Wenger is Ramsey, I still don't understand why.

Proof

Established Member
I would play Podolski as a striker with Gervinho and Chamberlain on the wings. I think Coquelin will replace Diaby or Arteta.

dysphoria

Established Member
would really like us to give arteta and gibbs a rest, based on previous encounters, its very likely that they'll play a very defensive game so we can probably afford to give arteta a break because at this point, he's the only player we have in midfield who can perform that very crucial role so we really need to keep him fit.

Would rest gibbs because i think he's another one who can potentially break down once the games start piling in and i suppose santos could use a game after the one he had against coventry to build on his match fitness. I'm guessing diaby is going to be unavailable so i'd like to see us bring in coquelin in his place.

---------Mannone-----------

Jenkinson Mertesacker Verms Santos

-------Coquelin-----Ramsey------

----------Cazorla---------

Ox---------Giroud---------Podolski

Subs :

Arteta
Gervinho
Gibbs
Runcott
Djourou
Kosceilny
Martinez

say yes

forum master baiter
Start Giroud. He's our best CF.

This whole fake number 9 and fluid front three stuff that's been floating around here recently is all well and good if your striker is thierry henry but he's not, he's gervinho and he's a little bit ****.

Bossa

Established Member
Giroud
Podolski Cazorla Walcott
Coquelin Arteta
Santos Vermaelen Per Jenkinson
Mannone

Wenger needs to stop playing Gervinho as a striker every important game.

CB rotation is a stupid thing to do. Just make up your choice and pick two CB's to play. Since TV is the captain he will retain his place. I pick Per over Koscielny because I think that Per is the most suitable partner. TV is the aggresive CB while Mertesacker plays more as a sweeper. Kos and TV together will leave too much open space behind them because both can be all over the pitch at times.

I would like to see more of Theo. He's looking good this season and I think that he can do the job that was given to Gervinho.

OX is not mature and consistent enough to play as a deep central midfielder so he can sit this one out.

I prefer Coquelin over Ramsey as deep midfielder next to Arteta. Coquelin is reliable and a better holder who keeps things real simple. With Ramsey it can be hit or miss.

Vela

Established Member
--------------Mannone
Jenkinson--Mertesacker--Verm--Gibbs/Santos
---------Arteta----Ramsey
Walcott-------Santi--------Podolski/Gervinho
--------------Giroud

Bench - Martinez, Kos, Coquelin, Arshavin, Podolski/Gervinho, Chamberlain, Gibbs/Santos.

I would start Mertesacker I think yesterday showed how much we missed him in defence. I wouldn't be against resting Gibbs and giving Santos a game. We can't afford to rest Arteta with Diaby now injured for three weeks.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I will not be surprised if Wenger decides to rest Cazorla and start with Arshavin in ACM. Podolski might also be rested/benched.

This is a possible lineup

-------- Mannone -----
Jenks -- BFG -- Verms -- Gibbs
---- Arteta --- Coequelin -----
Ox ---- Arshavin ---- Gervinho
------- Giroud -------

One of the youngsters from our victory vs. Coventry might also get a sub appearance. Yenaris, Miquel or Gnabry

VAVAVOOM 14

I think we should rest Gibbs and give Santos a run out. I doubt the Greeks will offer much going forward so Santos' lack of match fitness shouldn't be much of an issue. Plus, he might actually be able to deliver an accurate cross in Giroud's direction, unlike Gibbsy.

I concur with others; rest Cazorla, play Arshavin. The Greeks won't put stifling pressure on us, so Arshavin should have time and space on the ball.

An early goal followed by a massacre is the remedy we need. I hope Giroud can get on the score sheet a couple of times. He deserves it.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Mannone
Jenkinson - Mertesacker - Vermaelen - Santos
Coquelin - - Arteta
Chamberlain - - - - -Arshavin - - - - - - -Podolski
Giroud

Santi needs a rest.

leo_ense

Established Member
IIRC we did some heavy rotation last time we played Olympiakos at home and we did quite well, I'd like to see one or two players rested.

-----------------Mannone----------------
-Jenkinson-Mertesacker-Vermaelen-Santos-
-------------Coquelin-Arteta------------
-Chamberlain-----Arshavin----Gervinho---
------------------Giroud----------------

Subs: Martinez, Koscielny, Cazorla, Gibbs, Podolski, Frimpong, Walcott.

I'd be interested to see when Podolski gets his run out at CF, Wenger said it was a matter of working on his movement and understanding with teammates.

FinnGooner

Established Member
It's a draw 3-3. We'll dominate the game completely and Olymipacos will have 1 shot on target but somehow, because we're THE Arsenal, we'll manage to f**k it up. Good ol' times are back! Yey!

pikey2000

I'd say we need to rest Arteta and Santi tbh but that just might rip the core out of our game at the moment.

Jenk-Merte-Verm-Santos

---Ramsey-Coquelin---

------Arshavin-------

Ox--------------Poldi

-------Giroud--------

This way we rest key players in order to steam back into the Prem and erase the Chelsea memories quickly.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
Podolski and Gervinho to rotate the CF positon.

Giroud to come on when were 3 goals clear so we don't need to score any more and he can carry on doing his striker impersantion.

Illusion

Established Member
If we get an early goal this will be an easy win. Lack of an early goal will make the result quite unpredictable.

Important we win our early CL games so that we can send a skeleton crew of kids to Greece again for the sixth game.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.
Top Bottom