• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL | Arsenal v PSG | 23rd of November at 19:45 (GMT)

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ggunner12345

I can't see Wenger resting Sanchez for this game, he can rest at weekend. If we win this we are likely to finish top of the group and we can rest players such as Sanchez for the Basle game.

This is the lineup I would go for:
Ospina
Debuchy-Mustafi-Kos-Gibbs
Coq-Xhaka
Ox-Özil-Iwobi
Giroud
Think we need to rotate as much as possible to rest some and keep others match fit.
The last two league performances have been poor so hopefully we can put in a decent performance and get our confidence back up.

nick gould

Good news. So it'll just be Aurier roasting Monreal then.
Aurier is an animal and is capable of raping any left back who does not use protection. The solution is to protect Nacho with a pacey left back playing right ahead of him. Gibs.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
I think he should make a few changes but not too many as the players need to build rhythm and understanding between each other so the performances are more consistently proficient unlike the diabolical display against United!

Ospina
Jenkinson Mustafi Holding Gibbs
Elneny Xhaka
Walcott Özil Iwobi
Giroud

Its tough on Chamberlain but I think our attacking dynamic is most effective when Theo makes his attacking runs whilst Iwobi operates as a playmaking winger that gets involved in many offensive aspects of our play.
Start this team then Koscienly, Ramsey,Alexis and Chamberlain return fresh against Bournemouth.

nick gould

If we finish level on points against psg here are the rules for calculating who finishes where:

If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches,

the following criteria are applied in the order given to determine their rankings:

1. higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;

2. superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;

3. higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question;

4. higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question;

5. if, after having applied criteria a) to d), teams still have an equal ranking, criteria a) to d) are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the teams in question to determine their final rankings. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria f) to l) apply;

6. superior goal difference in all group matches;

7. higher number of goals scored in all group matches;

8. higher number of away goals scored in all group matches;

9. higher number of wins in all group matches;

10. higher number of away wins in all group matches;

11. lower disciplinary points total based only on yellow and red cards received in

all group matches (red card = 3 points, yellow card = 1 point, expulsion for two yellow cards in one match = 3 points);

12. higher club coefficient (see Annex D).

Yet another game where we can't afford to rotate like in football manager.

When this game is over we will be either first or second in the group so we can rest/rotate players against Basel.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Yet another game where we can't afford to rotate like in football manager.

When this game is over we will be either first or second in the group so we can rest/rotate players against Basel.
Well there is the possibility that we draw and then the last game becomes important again!

Anyway, doesnt look like it matters but I would like a #1 place for once!

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Nothing wrong with a bit of rotation as long as it's done effectively, like City do.

We just drop in a few different players with the same shape and hope it clicks.

skip spence

Would rest Sanchez for this, though he'd hate me for it.

Iwobi - Giroud - Chamberlain
Özil
Ramsey - Xhaka
Gibbs - Kos Mus - Jenkinson/Debuchy
Ospina

Actually that's a **** team looking at it now. Well, what are you gonna do? :(

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Even if we finish top, there's the very likely possibility we'll draw a European big boy.

Napoli, Bayern, Real Madrid and Juventus are all currently second in their groups :lol:.

nicky47

Established Member
@Taylor Gang Gunners Imagine we top our group and actually draw a team like those? Haha, that would be so cruel... Still, there's 2 games to go and a lot can change.

Just focus on ourselves for now I guess. A positive result against a top team, at home, would be very welcome!

Sanis

Both Real and Bayern still have good chances to finish first in their groups. Anyway, we have to win against PSG just to avoid Barcelona and to be top of the group for once, those who come second in their groups should be worried not to draw Arsenal.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Both Real and Bayern still have good chances to finish first in their groups. Anyway, we have to win against PSG just to avoid Barcelona and to be top of the group for once, those who come second in their groups should be worried not to draw Arsenal.

Yep,if Real beats Dortmund they'll be first in the group probably.Bayern needs to beat Atletico,but their form isn't that great.They lost that mentality and spirt from recent years.Also,some players are out of form and got old.Still,if we finish first we can get Juve,Dortmund,maybe Bayern.Other teams we can beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom