• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA champions league 2012/2013

leo_ense

Established Member
Thought it would be a good idea for this thread since the qualifiers have started.

Málaga currently one nil up against Panathanikos. Happy to see them doing well.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Watched 2 matches with half an eye.

Tuesday Borussia MG v Kiev. Borussia dominated the 1st 30 minutes and got a deserved 1 goal lead. Thereafter it all collapsed for them first a deflected shot got Kiev the equaliser, a little -just before HT- it was 1-2 after stupid ball loss in midfield Yarmolenko scored a great counter attacking goal after skinning a defender. Ended 1-3 when De Jong -defending the near post during a set peice - scored his 1st for BMG in his own net. Was clear Kiev had already played far more matches this season and they showed more maturity too. BMG with a lot of new players haven't gelled together yet. Weird that their manager Favre mainly focussed on physical training so far (they hardly trained with a ball so far according to De Jong).

Yesterday half watched Limasol v Anderlacht. Biglia (who has an 8M euro limited transfer fee in his contract) was one of the better players on the pitch. Still not convinced about him being an a good signing for us. He's too good for Anderlecht for sure, but probably not good enough (to start) for us. Anderlecht lost 2-1.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
The Gladbach game reminded me of Dortmund last year and the year before. Seems to me Favre and Klopp struggle to adapt to European games, looked very naive on the pitch, defensively very shaky, understandable though after the revamp of the squad. They will do very well to come back from that loss, Dynamo has a very experienced squad, won't be easy to score three at their ground.

Le Professeur

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIsyGNNMM1k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIsyGNNMM1k</a>

Come on Anderlecht, time for some CL footy again.

Wouterus

Exciting game, Anderlecht have missed a couple of sitters, Mbokani finally makes it 1-0. They deserve it.

Giroud

Established Member
Udinese in a penalty shootout with the Arsenalistas (Braga). Hoping for a Braga win since I have relations from Braga even though I'm Irish. Arsenal have some history with Braga too, we're the reason they play in red and white.

Buhry

Established Member

Udinese lost, one of their players tried to chip a penalty while the keeper just stood and picked it up, guy shooting looked like an absolute mug. No one else missed their penalties.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Maicosuel, what an absolute ***** :lol: Rated him before when he played for Hoffenheim, and he was good against Fiorentina too, but now he's ****ed up big time, first home game at his new club and he tries some **** like this, probably just now realised that he's cost the club some 15m+ with that braindead bullshit.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Buhry said:
Udinese lost, one of their players tried to chip a penalty while the keeper just stood and picked it up, guy shooting looked like an absolute mug. No one else missed their penalties.

It was the dude's home debut too..........can't believe he tried a panenka. When it comes off you look great but when it doesn't you look like a real fool......sorry for the lad but what the **** was he thinking!

Original_AAA

The draw is later tonight (6:00 CET). The pots are as follows:

POT ONE: Arsenal,Chelsea,Barcelona,Manchester United,Bayern Munich,Real Madrid,Porto,AC Milan

POT TWO: Valencia,Benfica,Zenit St. Petersburg,Shakhtar Donetsk, Schalke,Manchester City,Braga,Dynamo Kiev

POT THREE: Olympiacos,Ajax,Anderlecht,Juventus,Spartak Moscow,Paris St-Germain,Lille,Galatasaray

POT FOUR: Celtic,Borussia Dortmund,BATE Borisov,Dinamo Zagreb,CFR Cluj,Malaga,Montpellier,Nordsjaelland

So who do you want to avoid and who would you like to meet?

As for me personally, I would like a tough group. Makes for more interesting games and should give us an advantage when we reach the finals. Schalke, Ajax and Malaga sounds like fun.

Herbas

On the contrary, I would like a fairly easy group as after September (when we will have lots of games where we can drop points in the league) we will need to make sure that we gather the maximum amount of points in October and November. So it would be nice if we wouldn't need to worry about CL too much.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Braga, Anderlecht and BATE Borisov or Nordsjaelland would do nicely.

From 2 I don't want: Valencia,Benfica,Zenit St. Petersburg or Shakhtar Donetsk

From 3 I don't want Juve or PSG.

From 4 I don't want Dortmund or Malaga.

Braydz

It's possible that all 4 winners of Europe's top 4 leagues (Madrid, City, Juventus, Dortmund) Can all be in the same group. :lol:

We are also the only team in the 1st pot to have never won the CL.

Wouterus

Pot 1: two league winners (Porto, Real Madrid)

Pot 2: 3 league winnners (Shakthar Donetsk, Man city, Zenith)

Pot 3: 6 league winners (Juventus, PSG, Ajax, Anderlecht, Olympiacos, Galatasaray

Pot 4: 7 League winners (Celtic, Borussia Dortmund, Bate Borisov, Dinamo Zagreb, CFC Cluj, Montpellier, FC Nordsjælland)

:?:

HeinrichII

It's going to be a really fun draw.

There are so many variables, and really dangerous teams in pot 3 and 4.

I expect Barcelona to have the easiest group of all as usual, I expect Arsenal to have an accesible group but with tough away games, and I think this is the year where we are going to see the deadliest group of death.

As someone mentioned above, there is a chance that 4 big leagues winners can face up in the beginning.

About 30 mins to go for the ceremony to start :)

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom