• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League Final

And the winner is...

• Porto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monaco

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Arsenal1989

hmmm Hard to choose

Porto knocked out manyoo and Monaco knocked out chelsea. Tbh dosent bother me who wins, may the best team win.

brianfrance

Established Member
Porto > Lyon M.U. and La Corogne by 0-0 and 1-0 ( only one goal, and by penalty)
Monaco > Moscou REAL Chelsea, and give 8-3 to la Corogne
Of course I'll support Monaco, but even if I was Brazilian or from the Moon, I say Monaco will win

JazzG

Established Member
I think it all depends on who scores first. If Porto take the lead I can see them holding onto it because as a unit they are very tight and good at frustrating teams. Monaco are good upfront but they will find it difficult to break them down. Monaco clearly are better than them in the attacking department. Porto rely heavily on Deco, take him out of the game (easier said than done) and you stand a great chance of winning.

Very evenly matched sides but got a feeling Porto will win, hope Monaco do though tbh.

kNiteMare

Porto have the better tactics and discipline. I agree with JazzG that if Porto scored first it will be very hard to play catch up.

But with Morientes (whom I am a big fan of) I think Monaco have a genuine chance of winning... so i am going for Monaco.

asajoseph

Established Member
I think that Monaco have by far and away the better side, far superior players. There aren't really any players I rate at Porto at all, so I voted for Monaco.

That said, Porto won the Uefa cup last year, and they've come this far, which makes me aggree with those of you have pointed out that tactically, they are excellent. They have a solid defence, although don't seem to offer too much up front.

On the day, I think Monaco should get the better of them with their excellent attackers, but Porto have surprised me before...

Sammer

Established Member
I´d like Monaco to win, although I agree that it is damn hard to catch up with Porto, once they take the lead.

Anyway, as I got tickets for this one, I´ll see it live in Gelsenkirchen - so my choice would be an early goal from Monaco to see an exciting game !

Aussie

Established Member
Sammer said:
I´d like Monaco to win, although I agree that it is damn hard to catch up with Porto, once they take the lead.

Anyway, as I got tickets for this one, I´ll see it live in Gelsenkirchen - so my choice would be an early goal from Monaco to see an exciting game !

Lucky you even though its not Arsenal should be special.

Eastrek

The thing I'm looking forward to about this final is that it looks on paper as if it could go either way, we can sit back, relax and watch a good game of football. IF i had to say someone to win i'd say Monaco, I'm sure Thierry will be cheering for them aswell....If Monaco win, will the Super Cup still be played there? Unfair giving Monaco home advantage don't you think

Gunner4life09

Will be a tight one, both teams with diffrent styles of play. i can see Monaco winning it but as JazzG said if Porto take the lead frist, i can easly see porto win so its a balance game. besides it doesn't invole arsenal or any of the clubs i hate so i'll jus sit back relaz and hopefully watch an entertaining football match.

Stim

I think Monaco defensively are shocking, but they make this up with a fantastic attack. Porto on the other hand are rock solid at the back and in midfield. Porto will definately try to make it a 1-0 type of game. I want Monaco to win, but i think Porto will win because of their defensive superiority. If Monaco can sort out their defense then they should run out clear winners.

Ak

yeah, has to be monaco, seeing as porto didnt score in their semi's, but they do have decco.

monaco on the othr hand have giuly, morientes and play much better as a team.

Mark

Established Member
It will be close. I'm going to have to support Monaco since I was so worried Chelski would win it which would really depress me. Not sure if they'll do it though. It's a nice final though. No Madrid or Milan or the teams you'd expect to be there. It will be a good game.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom