• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Uefa Team of the year

Sammer

Established Member
I am not really sure what Becks is doing on that liste.

Any sensible coach would pick one defensive midfielder - e.g. like Makelele to be in there instead of Becks.

Soler

Established Member
Surely we all know Beckham is in there because of all the media coverage he got this year?

Mark

Established Member
in all fairness vieira hasn't had the greatest of years, mostly due to injury, putting him on there just because of reputation would be silly but sadly theyve done the same with beckham. i also think raul should be upfront with henry ahead of van nistelrooy, but never mind.

Jinn

Established Member
It's been voted by visitors to the UEFA site, so most of the votes are by reputation.

A

Anonymous

Mark said:
i also think raul should be upfront with henry ahead of van nistelrooy, but never mind.

which world are you living in.Ruud has had a fantastic year.Top goal scorer in the league,Champions league..broke the his own record of most goals in a champions league season..and also broke the successive scoring record in the premiership..played a huge hand in United winning the title.44 goals throughout the whole season.Raul is a great player too,don't get me wrong,but based on lasat season..Ruud by far!

Sammer

Established Member
Well its either Diverboy or Raul (personally I would always pick Raul over Ruud), but we have to acknowledge that he scored a hell of a lot goals.

He doesn´t possess the quality of Henry, and also not of Raul as a footballer, but the b*astard scores....

But Becks being in there is a laugh...

patrick42uk

Established Member
Beckham deserves to be there. he is one of the most technically gifted players in the world and is also one of the best passers and crossers. To make such a smooth transition into the real madrid squad is no easy achievement. He has managed it and if you watch spanish football you will relise how he has made himself a key player in what is the best team in the world. For the latter part of the year alone, he deserves to be there. Vieira wasnt great last season to be fair, though makelele can feel aggrieved at not being on that team.

It seems on this forum that beckham's high profile is preventing people from realising how much of a talent he is.

thegame24

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
Beckham deserves to be there. he is one of the most technically gifted players in the world and is also one of the best passers and crossers. To make such a smooth transition into the real madrid squad is no easy achievement. He has managed it and if you watch spanish football you will relise how he has made himself a key player in what is the best team in the world. For the latter part of the year alone, he deserves to be there. Vieira wasnt great last season to be fair, though makelele can feel aggrieved at not being on that team.

It seems on this forum that beckham's high profile is preventing people from realising how much of a talent he is.

i know what you are trying to say but i dont think beckham deserved it that year.

to be honest beckham is playing very well for real and is nearly carrying the team when it comes to defending along with pavon and selgado, so maybe next year he should be in but no way the 2003 season.

i still hate beckhams publicity crap and himself for still allowing it, however, the guy wanted to punch fergie so ive gained some respect for him.

LOL funny aint it

We are the reason why beckham left manure after we beat them in cup :D

A

Anonymous

Don't forget people vote on Players winning things! Becks has won big throphys in the past for his club and People remember that when casting a vote.

thegame24

Established Member
then they know **** all about football innit, i mean rustu and emre got in the ****ing team last year where the **** are they now? last i saw of rustu he cost barcelona 2 matches.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom