• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win UEL Group Stage: FC Zurich 1 - 2 Arsenal | Thursday 8th, September | KO: 17:45 BST | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screenshot-20220905-082134.png
We need an emphatic win to soothe the pain of losing to those ****ers in manchester.

Likes of Tierney, Vieira, ESR, Tomiyasu should come in and put these farmers to the sword.

Screenshot-20220905-082909.png

Prediction
FC Zurich 0-3 Arsenal

Legend14

Established Member
Good to just win.

Still not seeing where Xhaka excelled in the 8 role and I am fine with him as a player; I just think we can improve the quality here. I hope he steps up offensively vs Everton.

Vieira still looks lightweight. Fine to fill in for Ødegaard to get a rest, but that is all that I see. It may be unfair to look at Vieira through the optics of Ødegaard, but we paid 35m for him.

Marquinhos looks like he will have a future impact.

Nketiah man of the match.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Ffs, I bet @farzad4daarse's colonoscopy is easier than Arteta's decision flowchart to bring some young players from the bench.

Good result, but we missed way too many chances.
I actually finished it early enough where I saw the whole match at 930 am with a nice heavy opioid buzz. Big problem I didn’t do all their prep right so they want to probe my anus again on Tuesday. Apparently, I still had too much crap still up in me despite drinking a gallon of their prep and fighting the porcelain god all night. No one gave great directions to me before and told me something new when I showed up. Have to say it is a nightmare prep but the smack they give you is pretty good stuff; I can see how R and B singers and Hillbillies get hooked on it. In fact I just came down about an hour ago. I think it is a secret conspiracy for them to probe my sexy ass again, you seen my vacay pics you know I ain’t lying.

On a football note I thought we were poor today. Sambi and Xhaka did pretty well; the finishing is atrocious. But hey 3 points on road is 3 points on road, but Zurich is a weak side i’d say they are high level championship if they played in England. You know I think Arteta is just a bad manager and I am livid Chelsea have potter despite the good weed and opioids I am still on.

Legend14

Established Member
Meh. Got the result.

Biggest thing about this game was the performance of Marquinhos who has certainly earned himself bigger looks through the rest of the season. Very impressive.

Tomiyasu and Xhaka were outstanding. Viera had moments.

Martinelli was aimless. Sambi Lokonga was a ghost.

Tierney defends so well but as the team around him improves his lack of final product and aimless crosses stand out more.

Expected Sambi to start improving from his first start forward, but it seems he is going the other way. Need a healthy Partey.

Agree with all except Xhaka. He plays to his capabilities, but he has a definite ceiling in the forward 8 role. We need to recognize this if we want get better.

Farzad Stoned

Good to just win.

Still not seeing where Xhaka excelled in the 8 role and I am fine with him as a player; I just think we can improve the quality here. I hope he steps up offensively vs Everton.

Vieira still looks lightweight. Fine to fill in for Ødegaard to get a rest, but that is all that I see. It may be unfair to look at Vieira through the optics of Ødegaard, but we paid 35m for him.

Marquinhos looks like he will have a future impact.

Nketiah man of the match.
He blew a lot of chances again today which is worrying but yes he was MOTM

Legend14

Established Member
Missing shots is a clear problem. It puts the team under unneccessary pressure when we control the pitch 77 percent with such a limited end product.

In practice videos I see the team shoot on frame. In matches we take forever to get shots off and they’re often way off target, blocked, mistimed, or lightweight. Actually not sure how you work on this in practice.

Tell.

Look at the season 2017/18 when we played in the EL.

Look at our last group game against Koln when we had already qualified to the next round.

Post the starting line up here. And then we can have a look at a Wenger style 11.
Bro you love to argue. Llow it

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Bro you love to argue. Llow it
No what I love is people saying something incorrect on a forum and when I ask someone to back up what they say with actual evidence they can't. Like what you are doing.

But for anyone else interested Wengers last starting line up in the group stages when we were already qualified for the knockout round was.

Ospina
Debuchy
Mertesacker
Holding
Chambers
Coquelin
Elneny
AMN
Welbeck
Wilshere
Giroud

Stop with the narrative that Wenger played lots of academy players in the Europa League. Not even in dead rubbers did he play them. He maybe brought Eddie or Iwobi of the bench. But he wasn't known for it in this compeition.

So many people today posted criticising Arteta for picking quite an experienced team, and using what Wenger would do/did in Europa as a stick to beat Mikel. I'm simply stating the facts.

BIoodBrother

Did you not miss how much we missed White playing the ball out of the back tonight?
I thought that was on the midfielders and strikers and maybe on Holding.
Tomi played 3/3accurate 30-40m crosses with his left foot and was very fast and precise in his decision making.
If White is grandios with playmaking then start him ahead of Saliba but Tomi fit is one of the first on the teamsheet

Legend14

Established Member
Tomi played 3/3accurate 30-40m crosses with his left foot and was very fast and precise in his decision making.
If White is grandios with playmaking then start him ahead of Saliba but Tomi fit is one of the first on the teamsheet
Tomi or White. Both have their attributes. Glad we have both. Comfortable with either starting. Tomi probably has the edge but the gap is small.

BIoodBrother

Tomi or White. Both have their attributes. Glad we have both. Comfortable with either starting. Tomi probably has the edge but the gap is small.
I agree. It's a luxury problem and LB too.
Just a shame that we can't afford to lose any starters from midfield and attack without downgrading massively.
ESRs ongoing injuries will put him behind Nketiah even for wing substitutions.
Eddie has something special. I hope he can be ruthless.
Really disappointed with Martinellis finishing tonight. Thought he missed plenty of sitters all season despite playing so well in all other departments and deserving to be a starter still.
Vieira is not ready for the PL. He's super lightwait and was pushed over and run by Zurich's players like a kid. Marquinhos was a positive surprise but I don't think he's ready to step in for Saka.
I'd still play Nketiah and Jesus interchanging for the strikers position in case Saka or Martinelli are injured.
When Xhaka seemed hurt for a moment there, I realized we don't have any cover for him or Lokonga. That's difficult to understand. At least Partey should be back soon. Then Lokonga will be ok cover for him and Xhaka. Lokonga played quite well and showed his passing skill and vision but he also did what a 6 shouldn't do, one or two unnecessarily risky passes that resulted in dangerous counters. He blows hot and cold but at least he's not without potential or passing backwards.
I really wonder why people think they remember a Guendouzi that played much better than him. I honestly believe that the fanbase is hypercritical esp since we're talking about the most complex position in football and it's his 13th month in England. I really rate him for the future and like him in either position. Don't think Douglas Luiz would do any better.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I dont think White has done anything to be dropped and his forward passing is looking more and more important when Partey is out.... less so when Zinchenko is playing. It looks like they'll all be rotated quite often anyway so they'll both be fresh and hopefully avoid injury.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Big problem I didn’t do all their prep right so they want to probe my anus again on Tuesday. Apparently, I still had too much crap still up in me despite drinking a gallon of their prep and fighting the porcelain god all night. No one gave great directions to me before and told me something new when I showed up. Have to say it is a nightmare prep
Told you the prep is a *****! Sorry to hear you need to redo the whole thing! My doctor actually gave me praise for my excellent prep... :lol: But with the no eating the whole day before the procedure and then the suprep and what comes with that... No fun at all!

diarrhea GIF

bergholt

So does everything in the UK just stop for the next few days now out of "respect"? I'm not over there so don't really understand if anyone actually cares about the royals or not.

Farzad Stoned

Told you the prep is a *****! Sorry to hear you need to redo the whole thing! My doctor actually gave me praise for my excellent prep... :lol: But with the no eating the whole day before the procedure and then the suprep and what comes with that... No fun at all!

diarrhea GIF
Bro my butthole was working like a piston all night but I also forgot to take the second medication as well. I weighed my self before and after I gained several pounds of water weight then lost 7 pounds after the fireworks started in a few hours. How much more do they want; do they want me to fire out my birthday cake from 12th birthday? Snowflake Gen Y proctologists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom