• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL SF 1st Leg: Arsenal v Atletico Madrid | April 26, 2018 20:05 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

2-2 takes us through.

We’ve got a week to plan how we score 2 against a monster in goal and only concede 2 with our defence.

Can’t wait.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Don't get the goddamn 10 men argument there - it is basically the same as an Atletico side with 11 men but admittedly a few more counter attacks.

We created a huge amount of chances in which both, Real and Barcelona, the two best sides in the world failed at.

There's constructive criticism and then there are some people in this forum.

The red card changed nothing except it made it slightly harder for Atletico to get their precious away goal. Very sad we managed to gift it to them in the end, especially after they'd settled for a 1-0 loss :lol:

Still, tonight has given me hope we can go to Madrid and get a result there. Oblak and Griezmann are a class apart but other than those two I don't think they're all that tbh.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Yeah was talking about our 2008 tie didn't make it clear I realise,
True, but that's 10 years ago mate. Can't compare the teams now. I don't even think we have anyone who was a part of that team in our current squad.

Mind you, I'm not in the doom and gloom camp, I still have hopes going into next week. We have everything to play for yet. Just the manner of the result left a sour taste.

blaze_of_glory

Don't get the goddamn 10 men argument there - it is basically the same as an Atletico side with 11 men but admittedly a few more counter attacks.

We created a huge amount of chances in which both, Real and Barcelona, the two best sides in the world failed at.

There's constructive criticism and then there are some people in this forum.
Mostly the same people figured we'd get spanked as well.

Gursha

Giroud didn't seem like a bad option off the bench now doesn't it?

We made a huge mistake selling him.
I swear we never ever ever ever crossed so much in a game. and when we do that? after we sold giroud, to a more or like dwarf striker... ho my arsenal...

marting

Only way I'd have taken 1-1 is if had been in the context of a very encouraging performance. That wasn't the case tonight, it was the exact opposite.

That has been one of our better performances this year! Don’t let big score lines against teams like West Ham fool you, for 80 minutes that game was dire. At least the boys looked like they wanted to be there tonight. A man got sent off, you usually exploit that with width...... we don’t have 1 winger in the squad.

We just have to face facts, this is as good as it gets at the moment, Özil, welbeck, jack, xhaka and to an extent Rambo have never been clinical players, they apart from Rambo are all poor finishers.... no surprise we don’t kill teams off. Remember when we used to have 2 or 3 players at least in double figures?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

2-2 takes us through.

We’ve got a week to plan how we score 2 against a monster in goal and only concede 2 with our defence.

Can’t wait.

I guess Arsène Wenger can have some practice this weekend against another negative manager in Mourinho.

What a time to be alive.

Simeone & Mourinho back to back. This should be fun.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
The red card changed nothing except it made it slightly harder for Atletico to get their precious away goal. Very sad we managed to gift it to them in the end, especially after they'd settled for a 1-0 loss :lol:

Still, tonight has given me hope we can go to Madrid and get a result there. Oblak and Griezmann are a class apart but other than those two I don't think they're all that tbh.

Agree with most of what you said but not with the part of Atletico solely being Oblak and Griezmann but rather just once, let us give credit where credit is due - on our day we are still one of the best sides in Europe, end off.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
DbvLVPdWkAEr9sw.jpg

DbvLV5tX0AYtQij.jpg

ffs, can't believe we've had to endure these two celebrations at Emirates..

I have more rhythm than both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom