• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Just forget about Wenger ffs. How is what he did here relevant anymore?
giphy.gif

blaze_of_glory

Apart from the Leicester debacle those 6 teams have more or less dominated for years.
Gap between them and the rest of the league seems to be growing as well. Don't see how it would make it harder to get points.

Emery is doing fine, but strange how some people only want comparisons to Wenger when they make Emery look better.

By strange I mean we all know the reason.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Gap between them and the rest of the league seems to be growing as well. Don't see how it would make it harder to get points.

Emery is doing fine, but strange how some people only want comparisons to Wenger when they make Emery look better.

By strange I mean we all know the reason.
Spot on.

blaze_of_glory

We absolutely do!... Cast your mind back a 6 weeks when half the forum wanted him out and were pining for Wenger-ball .... I recall you lot starting the comparisons. Now you've all gone covert, you think you're in a position to get the best of both sides.

Not on my watch son :drool:
I've never been against Emery, just some of his decisions in the middle period of the season. Most of which he's since improved upon, to his great credit.

Comparisons to Wenger are inevitable, though. He's our greatest-ever manager and everyone from Emery forward will be compared to him until one of them surpasses his achievements, at which point they will become the benchmark. This is even more true for Emery himself since he's the first in the post-Wenger era.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
75 points a season is Wenger’s average over the 22 years.

So far we’re on 63 points with 6 games left. So if we can average 2 points a game that would be bang on the button.

For Emery’s first season I’d say that’s pretty good, despite the fuss about home v away form.

We do need to improve the squad though if Emery is to increase that next year.

Agreed, squad needs to be improved extensively if Emery wants to fight on all fronts. A s of now, we are where we should be.

Just to add, Emery should be given a lot of credit because the squad he had inherited was/is bang average for a Top 4 aspirant and part of that blame should always go to Wenger and the bald ****.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Cazorla had bad games, but he was a revelation in midfield for Arsenal. No-one said he was our Zidane.
If people want to be nostalgic Why not look back to when we were actually winning?

We tried the small and technical you dont win with it

DasBootist

If people want to be nostalgic Why not look back to when we were actually winning?

Professional football is played eleven vs eleven. Dunno why you're focusing on Cazorla 'cause of his height, when he was often the maestro of the team.

I would recommend a better grasp of the game before pressing 'Post Reply'.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Just forget about Wenger ffs. How is what he did here relevant anymore?

It's relevant in that you sack a manager to get better. Completely outside of Wenger context. But the comparison to the last manager is a viable one as to indicate if you've done the right thing in sacking the last guy and if you've got the right guy as successor. Regardless of points total and wtf not, if the new guy doesn't get better hard results, e.g. CL qualification, you could've just stuck with the last guy. 5th with 63 points or 5th with 73 points doesn't make a difference. It's still 5th. So in the evalution if it was right to get rid of the last manager and if the new manager is the right one, the comparison to the gone manager is the benchmark. Because you don't sack to get worse or do just the same, you sack to get better. I know for some this is a hard to handle fact with the two decade Wenger consistency, but that's how any other club is run.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

City, Barcelona, Bayern, Milan, Spain, Brazil......
All the best teams in history were small and technical.

Small technical players were not the problem.
We didn’t win anything because:

1 our defence were ****.

2 other teams have improved tactically.
we didn’t have a modern/structured tactics to cope with it.
we never set up our team to counter opponent’s tactical changes.

3 our players were inexperienced and too young.
trying to push for another goal when we were leading with just one goal in the 91 minutes.

4 our squad depth was lacking.
could have cope better with the unlucky injury crisis if we have more quality backups.
Remember Justin Hoyte against Ronaldo........?
**** my life...

5 we lack investments.
we do replace our best players with another great player (Hleb, Nasri, Arshavin), but we never improve on areas that we were bad (imagine if they could play together instead of replacing one another).

6 we only had only one DM in the squad.
If he was injured we were screwed.

7 van persie
always had a fantastic half season and then gone injured

8 adebayor
scored lots of goals but he wasted tonnes and tonnes of easy chances.
I remember in a Fulham match he had about 7 one on one easy chances against the keeper and he only scored on the 8th.

9 walcott
was non technical and ****, and he still is.

10 gallas
always stay in the opponent’s penalty area trying to score the important goal, but more often we conceded because our defence were left exposed.

11 denilson, song, diaby
diaby wasn’t bad, but his decision making was so poor, you don’t try to dribble in your own box even if you are messi. And I have seen that cost us goals quite a few times.

12 meaningless late substitutions.
when our game didn’t work out, we would make one change in 70+mins and another one in 80+mins.
how can you expect a player to make such impact in that short amount of playing time?

13 mike dean
**** mike dean

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider
Top Bottom