• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Not only has he ruined our football, he's brought complete disharmony among the fans and players. He's throwing the youngsters under the bus, he's throwing the directors under the bus. He's alienated the highest paid player in the club and in turn lost all support from the fans. Every single game the focus is off the pitch stuff instead of on it.

Just get rid now before this blows up even worse. The atmosphere around the club is absolutely rancid right now

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Generally not a fan of sacking managers during the season unless the results have been absolutely dire - before this game I would've said to wait until the seasons end and reassess Emery's position.

However, after today, at home against Crystal Palace with what would be Emery's preferred starting lineup perhaps with the exception of Bellerin to put in a performance like that is truly awful. The play has been dreadful for long enough, the results are now starting to slip and there appears to be no sign of these things changing.

Adding to the fact that he has also created a toxic environment, wherein the fans and players both seem to be unhappy for one reason or another that can relate back to him, I think it's best we cut our losses.

Vibra

Established Member
There's no way he'll be sacked before the end of the season. The people running the club are far too cautious make such a big change a few months into the season

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Could actually boost the club if we got a good manager in now. Wouldn’t be against it.

Still against toxic fan base.

It's not pretty and I don't agree with most of it, but it was always going to be a tough call. Fans want us to see us in the top 4 as a sign of progress and we've been stalemated for far too long. Frustation was always going to be quick to pick up again.

Gazidis went for the safest option he had, it didn't work out. Time to move on.

I think if Emery was a bit more articulate he could still have a lot of people on his side, but the disconect between what he says and what happens on the pitch is far too great.

No ammount of PR can save this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom