• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
We’re 5th, our target is top 4. Until we really fall off, Emery should be ok.

Been saying all this season, we’ll float around 4th and this will keep Emery in a job.
With one game against Leicester, direct rival to top4... when we lose that game we will be out of top4

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
10-12 points off top 4 will mean CL is gone. So around there.

If we get beaten bad like (3 or 4-0) by an Leicester team who are flying and who have a knack of running at us at high speed, I think it will be the end of him.

It would provide the management with 2 weeks time during i ternationals break to get Freddie in along with Henry as assistant :p

mma

Don't worry too much about Ornstein saying the hierarchy still backs Emery, they need to control the narrative in the press and try to keep the pressure off.
My thinking too.

If they're as smart as we think they are they're already speaking to both Mourinho and Allegri to see which one would be interested, what type of players and what budget they'd want. Then pull the trigger in two weeks when int break comes.

I don't see a win in the next 4 games other than Vitoria. Another two bad results in the league and elimination from EFL cup should do it finally IMO.

Reactions: A_G

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Never seen a more poorly coached top team. Tell me if you guys can think of any. Never ever seen a more clueless top team.
Chelsea in Mourinho's last season were a lot worse.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

My thinking too.

If they're as smart as we think they are they're already speaking to both Mourinho and Allegri to see which one would be interested, what type of players and what budget they'd want. Then pull the trigger in two weeks when int break comes.

I don't see a win in the next 4 games other than Vitoria. Another two bad results in the league and elimination from EFL cup should do it finally IMO.
Not another one ffs. If they're speaking to Mourinho they'd be far from smart. The Arsenal fans would never accept him and he'd **** the dressing room up worse than Emery.

We're Arsenal, we don't take managers who have been sacked twice for incompetence in his last two EPL jobs, that would be lunacy. And his football his dull, dull, dull.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Not another one ffs. If they're speaking to Mourinho they'd be far from smart. The Arsenal fans would never accept him and he'd **** the dressing room up worse than Emery.

We're Arsenal, we don't take managers who have been sacked twice for incompetence in his last two EPL jobs, that would be lunacy. And his football his dull, dull, dull.

Depends how long they give him, it’s fanciful but I wouldn’t overly hate it if they gave him a caretaker type job like Benitez had at Chelsea.

I feel out of everyone who’s available he’d be the closest to guaranteeing we finish top four mainly due to the almost instantaneous impact he’s had at most of his clubs and how much he’s managed in the PL.

It’s a team that’s suited to the football he likes to play, lots of pace up front and midfielders who prefer to sit deep and full backs who can put a good ball in.

As a man I can’t stand him, and would strugggle if he became a manager beyond this season.

The problem is that we need top four badly; in terms of finances and also for retaining the likes of Aubameyang and Lacazette.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
The only short term solution I can think of is Wenger till the end of the season. However from next season we need long term solution and Mourinho is going to plunge Arsenal in to the same situation as Utd. Can't believe fans are so daft and blind to wanting him.

Mourinho is the ultimate 2-4 year manager, but with that comes conditions, usually a massive budget to spend.

We need to look at the likes of the Coach like Ten Hag at Ajax or even Vieria. For me i couldn't care less about CL at this moment. I just want us to start playing good football. That's the foundation to build from.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Jury is out on Vieira but one thing he’ll do is bring some culture. He’s a winner, played at top clubs with top managers, is a leader etc.

Can he come here and compete with Pep, Klopp, Potch, Allegri and Jose maybe etc. Big shout.

OSBK

Established Member
The only short term solution I can think of is Wenger till the end of the season. However from next season we need long term solution and Mourinho is going to plunge Arsenal in to the same situation as Utd. Can't believe fans are so daft and blind to wanting him.

Mourinho is the ultimate 2-4 year manager, but with that comes conditions, usually a massive budget to spend.

We need to look at the likes of the Coach like Ten Hag at Ajax or even Vieria. For me i couldn't care less about CL at this moment. I just want us to start playing good football. That's the foundation to build from.

Im not saying its bad because i want so bad for us to play well. But you build from the back in football. George graham built arsne the foundations so he could go on and win trophies. Jose in the right conditions could do the same for us. We are seeing chelsea youth flourish currently and lampard getting praise, but wait those kids are a product of jose era.

I am all for jose. He is a serial winner who imprints that mental thinking into the players he coaches. I know the conditions would have to be right for both to succeed.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Depends how long they give him, it’s fanciful but I wouldn’t overly hate it if they gave him a caretaker type job like Benitez had at Chelsea.

I feel out of everyone who’s available he’d be the closest to guaranteeing we finish top four mainly due to the almost instantaneous impact he’s had at most of his clubs and how much he’s managed in the PL.

It’s a team that’s suited to the football he likes to play, lots of pace up front and midfielders who prefer to sit deep and full backs who can put a good ball in.

As a man I can’t stand him, and would strugggle if he became a manager beyond this season.

The problem is that we need top four badly; in terms of finances and also for retaining the likes of Aubameyang and Lacazette.
In his last season in the EPL he wasn't top 4, in his last season at Chelsea he wasn't top 4. So I'll take that with the same pinch of salt, as I took your suggestion that a wide forward would take the pressure of our suspect defence this season. ;)

GunnerShy

The state of this club ;(.

I really want us to succeed. And to that end I believe we need a new manager. 15 months in and it has without doubt gone backwards. Its a difficult league, most of the clubs have money to buy good players and you have to be up for it every week and you need to get your side up for it. I think Emery has been found out in this league because of that as Wenger was in his later years.

We look dysfunctional. It is like he has been incapable of imparting a style on the team, the more new players he has been given the more questions it has thrown up in his mind the more it has fallen to pieces. The air of discontent as the Emirates yesterday was so thick you could cut it with a knife. VAR conspired to ruin our evening but you cannot look past the fact that we have been terrible this year. Terrible. We've stolen points so to have a few nicked last night is probably just the law of averages having an effect. Last night at 2-2 and chasing the game we took Xhaka off for Saka, leaving almost no link between backs and forwards and Tierney for Kol (I understand he'd played Thursday so little choice). Hardly the options a large club like us should have up a sleeve to have an impact.

The coaching issued aside, the treatment of Xhaka last night beggars belief. Yes, he incited the crowd by walking slowly but the abuse towards him from such a large section of the crowd was shameful. Utterly shameful. His response whilst wrong was entirely more understandable than that of a large section of the crowd. Frankly, from where I sat he looked extremely pissed off with being subbed off... because he wanted to be part of the response to get the three points (whether capable of not is a different discussion).

The problems go beyond just the coach and we must take our share of criticism, a toxic atmosphere like last night (or every other week on AFTV) does not act like a '12th man' and the atmosphere at the Emirates has been up and down all season but with the exception of (maybe) the Burnley game and NLD I think it has been mostly ordinary. The palace fans were brilliant last night and out sung us all night. That's probably the nature of being a big club with a large fan base that cannot get a season ticket but get to a game or two. The seats beside me have either been empty, or had a different pair in them every week. Far too many empty seats in General, but if its keeping out fans who will boo their captain off the field then maybe its not a bad thing...

That's my rant... Emery is not the man, so to preserve is an act of futility, but more than just the coach has to change to get this club back to the top echelon or English and European football and that includes us in the stadium.

mma

Honestly I put him there just because. I really only want Allegri. Man is a genius.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Vieira has the right mix of club legend respect, fierce competitor and currently doing rather well in football management.

He plays defensive football, no?

Not that I care. I would actually welcome us be defensively solid and not this mess we have right now.

Feel if we fixed our midfield being non existant, our defense would improve considerably, as would our chance creation, etc.

Imagine being able to control games because teams can't bypass you at ease anymore. :drool:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

In his last season in the EPL he wasn't top 4, in his last season at Chelsea he wasn't top 4. So I'll take that with the same pinch of salt, as I took your suggestion that a wide forward would take the pressure of our suspect defence this season. ;)

The first few seasons are where the vast majority of all success have come.

Without going over old ground, if the club had bought that top level CB they needed and still had to sell Iwobi to balance the books you’d be looking at Saka and Nelson having to start every game.

My point was and still is, we have a lot of first team CB’s in the squad. Last year we arguably had no wingers who’d start in the top half, it was a massive need.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He plays defensive football, no?

Not that I care. I would actually welcome us be defensively solid and not this mess we have right now.

Feel if we fixed our midfield being non existant, our defense would improve considerably, as would our chance creation, etc.

Imagine being able to control games because teams can't bypass you at ease anymore. :drool:
Defensive, yes, but as you say, that'd make a change. He understands the club and what's expected too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom