• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
The excitement i felt before this season looks like a bad joke now. I guess our collapse in PL at the end of last season and the disgusting performance in the EL final should have stopped my excitement despite the signings.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
If the club has any ambition of competing for a CL slot, Emery should be fired this week. Things rarely go for better after what we are seeing now and the sooner he's gone, the better chance a new manager will have to turn things around on time.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
He lost the fans and probably the dressing room. He clings on the good will of the board, hardly a vote of confidence. The sooner he is sacked the better. This is just suffering at this point.

It's a cruel world at the top and only a selected few can rise to the ocassion. I am sad as I really believed he may turn a corner.

Playing worse now after a year to get to know the team, the league, and a record signing is sackable.

Also please no Arsène Wenger. We need to move forward instead of clutching at romantiscism and nostalgia.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Auba still has a year left after this right? We don't have to sell. Get the right manager in, things can change quickly.

That being said. We can still salvage our season. Don't want too long getting rid of Emery. With our schedule it might be done in two weeks. Leicester away. They'll smash us.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
He lost the fans and probably the dressing room. He clings on the good will of the board, hardly a vote of confidence. The sooner he is sacked the better. This is just suffering at this point.

It's a cruel world at the top and only a selected few can rise to the ocassion. I am sad as I really believed he may turn a corner.

Playing worse now after a year to get to know the team, the league, and a record signing is sackable.

Also please no Arsène Wenger. We need to move forward instead of clutching at romantiscism and nostalgia.

Wenger will join FIFA. He is not an option.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I'm a huge Wenger fan but he had to leave. His last few years weren't good enough, we were fragile and lost most of our away games.

Emery might be doing worse but how is getting a manager back who was deemed not good enough by 99 percent going to help? If he loses a few the knives will be out again.

Move on.

Ewarwoowar

No way we are getting top 4, not even winning matches we should be winning in window of the season we are generally showing at least some promise we are going to be up for the fight to maybe even touch 3rd place, points wise we are usually building up a buffer usually by now before our customary winter collapse which undoes our hopes for the season thus in fact almost feels season over now.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
No way we are getting top 4, not even winning matches we should be winning in window of the season we are generally showing at least some promise we are going to be up for the fight to maybe even touch 3rd place, points wise we are usually building up a buffer usually by now before our customary winter collapse which undoes our hopes for the season thus in fact almost feels season over now.

Look we lost the same fixture last year. We are analysing and working hard. Calm. Good ebening.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Mourinho at United last season is an apt comparison: they were planning to sack him after a match on October 6, but they backed out and waited another two months before pulling the trigger. They only missed out on CL football by 6 points, it's not a huge leap to think that if they'd made the change earlier they could've got 4th.

Would be a shame to look back at the end of the season and think the club made a similar mistake with Emery.

Tbf they just had classic new manager effect with Solskjær, they fell apart at the end of the season so even if he came in earlier they still fall short imo.

Reactions: A_G

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
The board waited too long to boot Wenger and I have a feeling they will wait too long to boot Emery as well.
Nah. Different people running the show, Emery has done nothing to earn their loyalty etc. One or two more quick poor results and he's done.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
I'm not gonna sit up here & say Wenger didn’t deserve to go. I love the man & he was one of the greatest of all time but time caught up with him. But the way the fans treated him was one of the most disgusting things you'll see.

& I know even this mentally, physically jaded Wenger would still do a better job than this bum but he's not the answer. Let the man enjoy life ffs which he didn’t get to do for so long when he was here.

The board needs to act fast if they want something out of this season. We need to go for a long term solution, perhaps some rather lesser known guy like when we went for a certain french guy with fresh, new ideas who was managing in Japan of all the places.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Nah. Different people running the show, Emery has done nothing to earn their loyalty etc. One or two more quick poor results and he's done.

Hope so. Just would hate to see them wait until top 4 was unattainable before pulling the trigger.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Don’t forget we have a new regime at Arsenal, guys like Raul and Edu will have a chance to pick their own manager for the first time. Emery is from a previous regime, and a return to Wenger would be “going back” - won’t happen, and I don’t want it too either.

Malky

Established Member
Who said he is, ffs. All the noises coming out the club indicate he is on a tightrope.
Just reading the reports that he’s expected to remain in charge until the end of the season and then they’ll (board) assess the situation if he’ll be kept for the remainder of his contract.
He should be sacked ASAP, clubs in complete turmoil and he, along with his captain, are in near impossible positions to redeem themselves

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Don’t forget we have a new regime at Arsenal, guys like Raul and Edu will have a chance to pick their own manager for the first time. Emery is from a previous regime, and a return to Wenger would be “going back” - won’t happen, and I don’t want it too either.

Raul was a part of the group that picked Emery.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
It makes absolutely no sense to let him see off the season at this point. The quicker we get rid the better. He's a complete fraud for gods sake. He's so out of his depth, Krusty the Clown would suit the job better.

The likelyhood of us getting anything above 2 points in our next two games is a grand total of big fat zero. Sack the fecker now and build from scratch.
"Good ebening, *Krusty the Clown's laugh*".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom