• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Underestimating Real Madrid

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 27
  • Views 955

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Krakow had exactly 1 additional qualifier..... and your other point is that should we be able to play away to Bolton and Pompey, etc and win? i say yes, we should, but you are comparing apples and oranges... Bolton and Pompey play in one of the best leagues in the world, whereas Krakow plays in the Polish league... Polish teams arent exactly known for their "powerhouse" squads....i wouldnt even consider Krakow one of the top "minnows" (a group that would include the Ukranian teams, Russian, FC Basle, etc..)

even more to the point though, we are talking about the supposed "Best team in the world".... they hardly look the part these days.... the point others are trying to make in saying they are on the decline..... Real might massacre Krakow at Barnebeau (sp?), but they apparently looked out of ideas to break open a Polish squad they should have handily beat, even in Poland.....

of course, im also making a pitch to Paddy in saying that he should stay here in the off chance he reads this.. LOL

tox

Madrid playing at their best, are the best. BUT a lot of the time they play as individuals and simply don't perform well as a team like arse. real are also aging figo, carlos and zidane (although zinidine will be amazing until he retires) are all passing their peaks. If madrid keep bring in quality every season then they should be ok, but if a couple of key players get injured their squad looks very fickle.

Azabaxe

So, given that its stars are aging (Zizou, Figo, R. Carlos) or ailing (Raúl) or maybe both (Ronaldo), can Madrid, playing at its possible 2004 best beat Arsenal at its current possible best? Don't think so.

dynasty

Azabaxe said:
So, given that its stars are aging (Zizou, Figo, R. Carlos) or ailing (Raúl) or maybe both (Ronaldo), can Madrid, playing at its possible 2004 best beat Arsenal at its current possible best? Don't think so.

i dont wanna be biased and say for sure.. but id be very confident if we meet them in the cl..
you know if somehow viera moves...we will get them...its always the irony of it all

DOls

KingReyes said:
But you are basing it on one game which in any case isn't as easy as you think. First of all you say the polish team(krakow) have had other qualifiers, that is something in their favour as they have had better preperation in terms of match fitness and competetive matches. Real meanwhile played in their first competetive match tonight therefore fitness wise and tactics wise they are still behind their opponents.

Also you call Wisla Krakow a second rate team because they had to go through previous qualifiers. Are you suggesting that Arsenal should be able to go to away games like Bolton, Pompey etc and beat them because they are second rate?

Ok, I am Polish and this comparison of Real Madrid to Wisla Krakow is simply funny to me. The money involved in these clubs is absolutely uncomperable, one Real player is worth more than the whole Wisla club. But let's not put Polish footballers down so quickly. They scored 10 goals against another little team and Madrid managed to score 1 (one) goal against some little team and that time Morientes came to the rescue as well.
http://www.realmadrid.com/web_realmadri ... ec=0&esp=2

Real's performances have been really poor recently and not only in the last couple of matches. They are bunch of egoistic superstars, who were lucky to win anything. Drives me nuts that money is so important for some clubs to be called "best in the world" or "champions".
The whole Poland hoped to upset those bloody "galacticos", but we are also realistic enough to know it wasn't possible. There is still the second leg to come in two weeks and anything can happen ... yes, Wisla will be out ... or maybe ... no ... I know.
And what do you mean that Wisla had a better preparation and stuff like that? Does it mean that playing in champs league every season is not a preparation enough for the greatest players in the world!?

Arsenal did prove last season that commitment and togetherness can take you far and win trophies.
Patrick Vieira will never be as proud to be a footballer as he was at Arsenal.

I can't wait for Arsenal to play against Real. I bet we would win. Easily!

A.Hussain

the only player capable of keeping the team up is zidane. if u take him out, the team strings are cut. with paddy they may have a killer mid with zizou creativity and paddy power. we need to be more wary if we face them. although our defence is more than capable of responding to thier attack threat. whilst i still dont think they will be able to contain titi and reyes. the important thing for arsenal is to push and move the ball along the wings more often. this will allow us to keep the ball away from vieira and zizou. with pennant and pires, weve got the pace and trickery to keep the ball moving along the wings. lets also not forget cole on the wings, he can do a good job.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom