• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Volz signs for fulham

IHateJam

I didn't want this to happen but I always thought it would. I think Volz is a great player. I saw him preseason at St. Albans and he was fantastic, easily man of the match scoring one goal and creating lots of attacking play but also showing a good defensive attitude getting back and doing his bit. Also watching highlights of him playing for fulham have shown some of his quality. I am sad to see him go.

Arsene

I don't think people should be building up their hopes about a good striker coming in. There aren't that many on the market for cheap with chelski around. Which makes me believe that Arsène will pull out a Wenger special transfer.

Sammer

Established Member
Sad to see him go. I think he has great potential, considering that he is only 20years old.

But the way Arsène plans his defense (Toure as a right back) makes sense for Volz to join Fulham. He´ll be able to gain EPL experience to become a real quality defender.

All the luck to him (although not playing against us).

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I seen Voltz play, and though him very good , Im too sad he no longer an Arsenal Guy.

Andrew

For me that's a pity. Out of all our players on loan I though he'd have the best chance of making his name at Arsenal. But obviously it's a good signing for Fulham, to replace Finnan. And it could be good for him too because he will regularly play and at his age it's still likely that he'll move to a bigger club in the future.

But anyway, it signals that Arsène thinks Toure and Lauren will be our right backs, with Hoyte being a better prospect than Volz perhaps... Only time will tell.

Jinn

Established Member
Am I sad to see him go?

Dunno, he seemed to get mixed reviews from those of us here on the forum. From what I saw of him, he wasn't a standout player - he looked solid, but not superb.

I guess he does have time on his side, but I'm much happier seeing Kolo at RB to be honest.

Sammer

Established Member
Arsène must have been damn sure that Hoyte is the better option than Volz.

Otherwise he should have extended Volz´loan to Fulham until the end of the season to give Volz a shot (compete) with Lauren the next season.

But it´s definately the right decision for Volz, since he did not get the prospect from Arsène to be a future 1st squad member.

Volz said in many interviews, that he will not leave Arsenal if he gets the chance to compete for the 1st team.

Obviousely Wenger rated him lower than Hoyte. So its best for Volz to leave. Fulham is just the right club for him to grow... :|

JazzG

Established Member
Sad to see him go but I can understand why. Toure has looked outstanding as our RB and Volz just wasn't gonna take his place. Volz has looked really good in attack but has let people get past him very easily at times.

I wonder how much they paid for him.

arsenal4life

maybe this is the trick

move Toure to CB
get Trabulsi in Bosman this summer (and he wishes )

mack our back four

Cole Campbell Toure Trabulsi

Allyboy

Established Member
I hope he does well, I will never forget his goal in the preseason friendly against St Albans this year, a 25 yard half volley screamer into the bottom right hand corner of the net. I was standing right behind where it went in and it was a scorcher!!

JazzG

Established Member
arsenal4life said:
maybe this is the trick

move Toure to CB
get Trabulsi in Bosman this summer (and he wishes )

mack our back four

Cole Campbell Toure Trabulsi

It is more likely Trabelsi will go to man utd, chelsea, milan or Juve. He has said he would prefer a move to Italy as well.

I would like a real leader as our CB. Kolo + Sol are superb but neither really command the defense like Adams use to. Someone like Woodgate or Terry would be ideal.

jc8gooner

Wenger clearly believes that we have enough players at RB. Not only do we have Lauren, we also have Toure who can play there too, and Justin Hoyte, who Wenger rates as highly as Volz. This is the reason that Wenger chose to let Volz go. If Wenger thought that Volz is going to become a brilliant right-back capable of playing with top-class players on the world stage, he wouldn't have sold him. Volz is an average-good player who will fit in nicely at Fulham cos a lot of their players are of this quality. If Volz was wicked, he would have stood out like a sore thumb at Fulham. He didn't- he fitted in well.

Sammer

Established Member
There are very few wicked-defenders at the age of 20, jc8gooner.
Does Lauren stick out like a sore thumb? Is Lauren really top-class?

Personally I believe that there cannot be a complete world-class defender at the age of 20. The best are all in the mid-late 20´s, many even around 30 (Thuram etc.). World-class defending needs experience.

(I thought it was funny that people were rating Volz not as high after we played Fulham, because Pires and - especiallly Henry - went past him easy couple of times....)

But I see your point. Even if Volz will be a better player than Lauren (mid-term) - which I believe he definately will be - Wenger could not offer him a short-term 1st squad perspective.

And Wenger knows that it would not make any sense to keep an unhappy Volz on the bench, whereas he could be a 1st squad member of Fulham.

It all makes sense, but I am still sad to see him go. Give Volz another 1 1/2 years of EPL experience and he will be really really good.

But still it is very fair of Arsène to let him go.

jc8gooner

Does Lauren stick out like a sore thumb? Is Lauren really top-class?

Lauren may not be top-class but he is strong, quick and more than capable. He is a better RB than Volz is at the moment. If Lauren was at Fulham, he would be one of their best players, in my opinion. Volz did well at Fulham, but he didn't stand out that much. If he had done, it might have proved that he could be good enough for Arsenal.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom