• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Volz signs for fulham

reggiepaul

Wenger will always choose team experience over personal talent. I admrie Volz and from what I had seen of him I was really impressed but Wenger has a way of playing and I don't think he wants to mix it up but my problem is I felt Volz would have fit in nicely as a back up for Kolo or a back defensively as well - he wasn't Kolo but he had that Koloesque back up material.

Oh well - money's tight I guess.

Sammer

Established Member
That sums it up really well, reggiepaul:

A lot of people on this forum have seen Volz´potential. But we might not be in the position to have the time to develop his potential, therefore, Wenger might be just right to choose experience over talent.

What I like about it is, that it seems to be a fair deal for everyone. I believe Volz decision wasn´t easy. It took him a long time to decide, but he made the right choice considering his situation.

We´ll have a close eye on him at Fulham - it´ll be intersting to see how he develops.

Fulham made a good deal for sure: they have a (now) proven defender - and if he really gets that good, they´ll make $$$ of him. So its a very secure deal for Fulham.

Sol man

I wonder if Wenger would have sold Pennant if Leeds weren't broke. Anyway its sad to see Moritz leave, I have always thought he qould make it here but that does not seem to be the case now. Good luck to Moritz (except for whenever he plays against us :wink: )

reggiepaul

The thing with Pennant though is, like Ali he has a run in the team and proven he works well with the squad. Jeffers always looked a little unsure with the arsenal team as his arse or elbow were problems to him.

Pennant fits well because he is getting that first team joy but is also only bein extended month by month so he can return upon the spur of the moment.

zerofeel

now that he has been sold for an undisclosed fee,at least we have more than £10m and hope we can buy new players in the summer ...Voltz can leave because we have Justin Hoyte who Wenger rates highly.

reggiepaul

I'd be surprised really as well but Upson went cheap as well so we may as well be surprised.

I think Volz is 3 million or so but look how vital he is to the Fulham squad? He should definitely go for more than 1.5. Knowing us though I bet we sold him and Kanu is packing his bags right now too!

Arsenal316

All the best to him. Wenger wouldn't have let him leave if he didn't want to leave. Beisdes, we have more than enough talent to make up for his loss.

lewdikris

Established Member
Arsène explains his reasons for letting Volz go - from Arsenal.com

'Arsène Wenger has explained his reasons for allowing Moritz Volz to complete a permanent deal to Fulham.

The 20-year-old German right back, who was on loan at Loftus Road earlier this season, sealed a deal with Cottagers boss Chris Coleman this morning.

"Yes, Moritz has gone to Fulham," said Wenger at Friday afternoon's press conference. "Basically it is because we have Lauren, Kolo Toure and Justin Hoyte.

"We know he can play in the Premiership but we have those players so I think it is better if you let him go somewhere and play."

Wenger predicted a bright future for 19-year-old Hoyte, who has starred in this season's Carling Cup run.

"I don't think you'll see him in the near future because he is coming back from injury," said Wenger, "but in the next season or two certainly."'

So there you have it ... Lauren and Kolo for now (more Kolo than Lauren), Hoyte for the longterm.

Fair dues.

wiltord11

fulham are buying alot of players in the transfer market they bought that american centre back and volz and ian pearce from west ham and they are intrested in brian mcbride who i thought looked good at everton last season hes got a good squad of players now i think they can make 6th place for sure

Mark

Established Member
i think mc bride is most likely going to be saha's replacement, whether he'll be as good as him we don't know.

D.Dappa

i read somewhere that the deal was for 100,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, this cant be true, i thought at least 1million., maybe its based on apperances.

Holla bak

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom