• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger sense and football sensibility

ali adili

Arsenal have, for some seasons, been vulnerable in defence and conceded many easy goals particularly from set pieces , yet they could score more to make up for that weakness , but this season they are struggling to score , despite playing in a marvellous style of play and dominate the match and create a lot of chances , particularly Adebayor who with all the backing of Wenger still the best in wasting easy chances , and most of what he has scored so far , are very easy goals that some of them even my grand mother could have scored , in fact the magnificent Arsenal way of play can easily be toppled , simply by defending in numbers and as the Gunners get frustrated, resort to counter attack when possible , and this is why Arsenal lost precious points to a lesser teams, while it is disastrous to attack and open up in front of the Gunners as the case for some stronger teams , so for Arsenal to keep playing as fluently and marvellously as they do nowadays , and win , they certainly need another striker , central defender, and a more reliable goal keeper . It is frustrating and outrageous, why Wenger has so far kept Aliadiere after being so ineffective , and failed in three clubs last season, it would have certainly been more logical and fair to have kept Bentley in stead , as for Adebayor he has proved to be excellent in running and wasting easy chances to the frustration of his colleagues and the fans , but not the manager!, so at least he should be sent on loan else where to sharpen his skills and gain more experience away from the already in trouble Arsenal attack, or on the other hand try to manage a bargain for another player involving the swap of those two players , as there are rumours that Ribery may come to Arsenal which should cost a lot without swapping players , yet it will be difficult as it was in the case of Cygan before , because Aliadiere or Adebayor are not convincing enough besides that Wenger’s arrogance and partisanship would not allow him to concede that another French based players signing was a mistake, so will Wenger correct all those mistakes, the least of what is calling back Anthony Stokes and Nicklous Bentdner who are doing extremely well with the clubs they are loaned to, yet he seems urgent to get rid of them as his attitude toward promising home grown players , particularly the English ones as the list of Wenger’s ( rejects ) who are flourishing else where is getting longer and it may will include Walcott!, at least be fair and give them some opportunity till the end of the season . On the other hand will the dream become true to see Robinho with the Gunners in place of Baptista, who either is not good enough , or has not been given the right opportunity, either of, he has been unsuccessful or at least not needed . As for the defence it is unconceivable that Djourou and Senderos are very promising, but the Gunners still need another well established central defender to make up for the injuries and the fatigue in the long and demanding English season, and the defensive tactics should also be revised, which would make it very convenient to bring in Tony Adams as a coach to benefit from his experience as world class defender and to prepare him as a potential long term manager. To add to the defence weakness , it is Lehmann who should be replaced as he is aging and faltering , which made him always nervous and start quarrels for no reasons , so it is time to give Almunia a chance if he is good enough or sign a more reliable goal keeper of the calibre of Cech , Recardo , or Courpet , as it is not vainly said that the Goal keeper could be half the team .

ALI ADILI
Baghdad - Iraq
Aliadili12@yahoo.com

Shredder

Tough to read, mate.

Please edit it a little and use some paragraphs. It looks like one looong sentence.

RC8

Established Member
This post would have made sense 2 months ago. Hopefully those days of 1-1 draws are gone. So far, in the last couple of games, we've won 6-3, 3-1, 4-0, and 6-2. Hardly difficulties to score.

nazo

Established Member
You're talking in the past buddy.
Ade shouldn't be sent out of loan :?
We already sold Stokes, and Bendtner is out injured and will stay with Birmingham for the rest of the season anyways.

As for
Recardo , or Courpet
, why would we want to replace an old gk with another old one. Ricardo isn't even good enough anyways. Almunia is better than him.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Is it just me, or is a little irritating when Ali doesn't respond to his criticisms? It rather defeats the point of posting on a forum.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Whe concident very easy goals against us. thats true this season. but whe score also very much i think. but whe have lost many points if we came on the unlucky way behind.

Jorg Albertz

Disagree with most of this. I'm a gunners fan from afar( my main love being glasgow rangers) but for me Adebayor is a sensational player with the ability to become one of the best forwards in the world. You guys certainly have the right man to mould him there.

PS

RC8 said:
This post would have made sense 2 months ago. Hopefully those days of 1-1 draws are gone. So far, in the last couple of games, we've won 6-3, 3-1, 4-0, and 6-2. Hardly difficulties to score.

Looks like Ali was right all along. He got ridiculed for what he said, but the past 5 days has backed up his post.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Although seeing our disapointing result in Carling, FA and CL, I still disagree.
1st. Lehmann is one of the most reliable goalkeeper today, you should see him 2-3 years ago where he make a goal kick straigt at Crespo or pushing Robbie Keane in the last minute of the game caused penalty.
Today, we never see him do anything like that. Reading game for example, his saves actually keeps us going. Frankly from all the goals we conceded I think he has done his best.

2nd. Goals aren't that easy. takes skill and also luck. I still have confidence in our forward.
for Ade you punished him too much.
for Bentley that part I can agree

3rd Robinho won't be a good addition in the squad. we need someone who like to shoot and make runs. Robinho from my point of view is not that type, he's more a twin of Hleb

4th. We actually has one of the best defence in the league, correct me if I'm wrong but I can't remember the last team that score 2 goals against us when Lehmann is playing. Also Gallas is injured alot this season, he and toure is very good

5th. Our set pieces is a failure mainly because most of our midfielder is a bit shorter in height average,(Open to correction here :shock: )

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
PS said:
RC8 said:

Looks like Ali was right all along. He got ridiculed for what he said, but the past 5 days has backed up his post.

Yeah 5 days out of a 9 month season. Would the same apply to the 5 days that saw the Invincibles knocked out of the FA Cup and Champions League in 2004?

RC8

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
PS said:
RC8 said:

Yeah 5 days out of a 9 month season. Would the same apply to the 5 days that saw the Invincibles knocked out of the FA Cup and Champions League in 2004?

And with our top 2 goalscorers, and sometimes with our 3 top goalscorers suspended or injured.

matty07

Adebayor is a very ambitous player who has lots of ability, but he is having lots of trouble upfront. We have got both, Henry and Van Persie injured, and i think wenger should try and buy an experienced striker that could do the job at arsenal.

goonerw

Yeah, i know he wasn't a striker. But he sure got lots of goals and knows how to finish. The problem is, we have no one to finish off chances right now. and that costs us dearly.

GOONER 13

Is it just me or was Thierry Henry and Dennis Bergkamp missing many a chance in the beggining give Ade a break he must of broken every bone in his body for Arsenal this season if you see him live you cannot fault his skill pace commitment his and his finishing will improve.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom