• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger: ‘Stadium announcement...

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 39
  • Views 1,595

thegame24

Established Member
i guess the helped us pay for stadium.

and they can put king henry AS the star in the next nike advert which always happens for a major comp.

Mark

Established Member
it's important that we get this stadium even if that means selling the name to someone, however stupid it sounds. the stadium is the important thing.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
We can still call the new place Highbury if we want to. I mean the current stadium has never been called Highbury but everyone knows it as that.

Rupert

It's not Thierry Henry in the nike adverts it's his body double who plays for some division 3/conference club. He looks just like him though. (apparently).

I've been calling the stadium Ashburton Grove, don't see why it should be anything else. Things like the Reebok Stadium and the Stadium of Light sound really cheesy to me.

arsenal4life

mood said:
no name would come close to Highbury.

Highbury is GREAT ARSENAL TRADITION

and we must save it

so I like the new stad will be New Highbury

Also I remember there was a poll in Arsenal magazine
and alot of ppl vote to New Highbury

Definately should be simply Ashburton Grove.

I never understand why clubs agree to having a corportate sponsored name - what happens when the agreeable relationship breaks down? Obviously the stadium has to change its name.

Ashburton Grove. I think it has a air of dignity and helps preserve the tradition of "Highbury" a lot better than our new badge preserved the tradition of the old crest.

Tom

Ashburton Grove sounds cool to me although I'm pretty sure that Nike will have their name in there somewhere which is a bit crass but we have to move with the times and if it means us having a new stadium so be it.

Don't think we should name it after any manager or player, I think that it puts too much pressure on the current team, which can have a negative effect.

eg. The Brian Clough Stand at Forest
Bobby Moore Stand at West Ham
Billy Bremner/Wright statues at Leeds United/Wolves

I think that we should name a surrounding road after Wenger though - I love him so much that I can't be objective about it! :lol:

what... like 'Wenger Way' or something? :D

guess they are gonna call it The Nike Stadium then :evil: . We better get some big bucks for that!!

Soler

Established Member
What about the stands? One should definitely be called "Herbert Chapman", and I'd like to see "Arsène Wenger". Nike can have a stand if they want, but not the whole ruddy stadium.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom