• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's best and worst signings

seanconvey66

Wiltord werent that bad a buy, got us a few important goals for us! Best signing is Henry simply because he is the best in the world.

Worst would be Jeffers as it would be the biggest loss if we sold him.

Freedie is in the list ahead of Pires as he was half the price and would get a similar fee as hes much younger, but there is no doubt Pires is the superior player.

i think in the future kolo toure could become his all time best buy, the lad has it all.but for now it has to be vieira and henry.
worst is jeffers by miles.

SuperBob

thegame24 said:
FOR GODS SAKE

why am i the only one that sees how good robert pires is???

he is so damn under rated its unbelievable, he was a far better buy than freddie ljungberg.

and wiltord worst??? he won us the bloody FA cup in 2002 and he scored many important goals in the championship.

I think because Pires had a difficult first 6 months adjusting the English Football he didn't bother too put him down as a bargain i guess anyway i've said this before i have never seen a midfielder who scores and creates as much as Pires he is so vital too our team and I hope he gets too play at Ashburton Grove! Nedved plays behind the strikers so he should be banging them and creating them! But Pires for a left sided midfielder is remarkable! I can't wait too see him play with Zidane behind Henry and Trezeguet! mouthwatering

Mark

Established Member
it's a shame pires isn't on the best buys but i suppose to be fair he's only had one great season so far in 01/02. he looks like he's finding that form again which is great, but in his first season and arguably 02/03 he didn't always look that comfortable.

i still can't get over the anelka deal. got him for less than a million and sold him for over 20. brilliant buisness by wenger. :D

SuperBob

Mark, 14 goals in 20 games in 02/03 after coming back from a knee operation?! I don't think any other midfielder can do that..
8 Goals this season in the Premiership already.. closest midfielders behind him are Kewell, Scholes and Robert with 6! he is even beating some top notch strikers! The guy has been an inspiration for Arsenal.

Mark

Established Member
i know his goal scoring record was very good and i don't mean to sound like i'm complaining, i just mean he didn't quite look the same, he didn't go back and make challenges when needed etc. i think since being put on the bench for the man u game he's played a lot better this season.

Andrew

I too was shocked that Pires wasn't in the top 5 buys... surely he had a huge impact on us winning the double. And Gilberto's not that bad, especially for the 4.5 million pound price tag.

Sammer

Established Member
thegame24 said:
if pires left i would only except ronaldinho as replacement, maybe nedved but hes same age as pires.

Pires is just as important as henry.

well almost as important. I I had to leave one of the two out for a game, it´ll be Pires.

But I would also say he comes close to Henry - always a bit underrated IMO.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom