• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's January 2018 Transfer Targets (Sven the money)

How do you rate the January window?

• 5/10 or less (fail)

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • 6/10

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 7/10

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • 8/10

Votes: 39 49.4%
  • 9/10

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • 10/10

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
On another note, I think missing out on Malcom isn't too bad. With Mkhitaryan here, Malcom would probably be a playmaking attacker too many; ideally you'd prefer a player who'll get on the end of the chances Mkhi helps to create. Players like Pavon and Bailey fit that profile better, and it's more realistic to get one of them in the summer.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
The only worry with Bailey is that he and his agent (who is his stepfather) are apparently kind of pricks. There is this whole thing going on where they are refusing to represent Jamaica even though it's the only country he can play for... I don't know much about the drama though. His talent, you can not question.

CONCACAF is not the most competitive international federation... And they're probably wanting him to play for a country that will increase his profile so he can make more money. Not surprising.

Steps

Dial Square. He is guessing.
qfTuD2l.jpg

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
On another note, I think missing out on Malcom isn't too bad. With Mkhitaryan here, Malcom would probably be a playmaking attacker too many; ideally you'd prefer a player who'll get on the end of the chances Mkhi helps to create. Players like Pavon and Bailey fit that profile better, and it's more realistic to get one of the in the summer.
Wish we could get both Pavon and Bailey but I realize we're in a tough situation with Nketiah and Nelson coming through ( tough but good situation). I think I'd prefer Bailey, though, just because he's left-footed and would offer something different.

benjamin86

Established Member
The only worry with Bailey is that he and his agent (who is his stepfather) are apparently kind of pricks. There is this whole thing going on where they are refusing to represent Jamaica even though it's the only country he can play for... I don't know much about the drama though. His talent, you can not question.
Also in the summer we're going to be 5th or 6th in the line behind the likes of Bayern (looking to replace Robben), Juventus, Chelsea, PSG etc.

Linson

To be honest, I wouldn't mind a couple more pricks in the team... Need a bit more bite.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Also in the summer we're going to be 5th or 6th in the line behind the likes of Bayern (looking to replace Robben), Juventus, Chelsea, PSG etc.

He definitely wants to come to the PL though. I see Chelsea as the biggest threat in getting him, but i'd love him here. Not only would he be great for us commercially with all our Jamaican fans, but I'd play him in a front 3: Bailey - Lacazette - Aubameyang. The pace and movement they'd give would be unreal. As long as you had someone behind feeding them balls they'd be deadly, I think Bailey would develop into quite a prolific goal scorer too.

legendhenry_14

Seems like you know a lot. It’s crazy because my dad and I were talking about the same situation. It’s not that they are pricks, it’s because his step dad had a dispute with the football governing body in Jamaica. So basically he sent both of his sons (Bailey & Butler) to Belgium who came from his academy (Phoenix) in Jamaica. But Bailey case is very weird. Just like sterling, i don’t think he wants to represent Jamaica, where as he can represent a bigger country and raise his reputation and brand. So i think if he don’t want to represent Jamaica he might stay in Germany for a while until he become a citizen.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Seems like you know a lot. It’s crazy because my dad and I were talking about the same situation. It’s not that they are pricks, it’s because his step dad had a dispute with the football governing body in Jamaica. So basically he sent both of his sons (Bailey & Butler) to Belgium who came from his academy (Phoenix) in Jamaica. But Bailey case is very weird. Just like sterling, i don’t think he wants to represent Jamaica, where as he can represent a bigger country and raise his reputation and brand. So i think if he don’t want to represent Jamaica he might stay in Germany for a while until he become a citizen.
You're right, I'm not sure if we can hold his refusal to represent Jamaica against him... in retrospect, I suppose he has the right to represent who he wants (as long as he's eligible of course). It'll be tough for him to find another nation though; apparently he needs three more years in Belgium to represent us, or a whole seven more years in Germany to represent them. He'll either have to move back to the Pro League or wait a long time where he is, at which point it'd do his image more good to just move to a big club if one comes calling and just represent Jamaica.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Why? As much as I would love Malcolm to come here, he is still very raw and lacks the physical presence that you really need to make it as a top winger in England.

To be a top winger, you need to be able to ride multiple challenges. You do that by having dribbling like Hazard or physical stature like Zaha, or having excellent pace like Salah. I don't think Malcolm particularly excels at any of those things. He is a mixture of all, but a lower level. I'd rather have someone like Bailey who has extreme pace and strength to ride multiple challenges.

There is also the flipside of spending £45 million on Malcolm. You can spend £60 million on Fekir and get a player who can still improve and who is already putting up ridiculous numbers. Not to mention that Malcolm may not actually ever reach Fekir's level. There is also Lemar to consider.

£60 million on Fekir or £75 million on Lemar is a better deal than spending £45 million on Malcolm. There is talk of Malcolm somehow turning into a £100 million player. I don't think Jesus is anywhere near that yet. Coutinho took years to do it. Fekir is easily the closest in reaching the next level and is still at a good age .

----------------------------Auba/Lacazette
----Mhiki------------------Özil------------------Fekir

I am sorry but that is absolutely terrifying.

I love Baley as I bombarded the threats with his name within the latest days. However, we do not seem to look at him as of right now, although this might be the only good chance to get him before bigger clubs bid for him.

I love Fekir but he's not exactly a player who would be more certain to adapt to the physical nature than Malcom as his injury history is quite bad and I worry, that he might be a typical Arsenal player who's talented but constantly sidelined.

As of Malcom I guess both of us use a lot of guess work whilst we apparently have scouted him extensively and he was deemed good enough to try for him. This should already speak volumes as to the potential our club sees in him.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I’ve actually got inside info re Bailey. I don’t usually post ITK stuff but the source is pretty solid. Bailey is really close to Sterling and I wouldn’t read too much into the Chelsea shirt as he has a slight preference for City. That being said I wouldn’t say he is unattainable but the chances are low. We would need Champions League football and a new manager plus investment in midfield and defense before we become attractive again.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I’ve actually got inside info re Bailey. I don’t usually post ITK stuff but the source is pretty solid. Bailey is really close to Sterling and I wouldn’t read too much into the Chelsea shirt as he has a slight preference for City. That being said I wouldn’t say he is unattainable but the chances are low. We would need Champions League football and a new manager plus investment in midfield and defense before we become attractive again.

Interesting stuff. The Chelsea stuff is tongue in cheek, personally I think even if he supports Chelsea it doesn't make much of a difference in modern football. Same goes for City.

Firstly he'd have to improve considerably to get past Sterling & Sane in the City team, so I don't know about that. Secondly this guy is 20 and having a breakthrough season. What planet is he on if he thinks he can demand such a thing from Arsenal? Yes we've fallen from grace a bit, but if we came calling for him he should jump at the chance, if he has any sense in him.

He wants to come to the PL; i'm not sure where he fits at City or Utd frankly, but I do see where he'd fit at Chelsea and we need a winger like him. So I'd say it's between us and Chelsea. But I might be wide of the mark.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Need to stop bargain bucket hunting going forwards. We go for experienced pros performing at a high level of we go for young prospects with undeniable talent. No more nonsense signings like Elneny and Gabriel, they don’t help anybody.

Would we be worse off if we used Holding and Chambers money to buy a top defensive prospect? Used Coq and Elneny’s wages to sign Kante or added Gabriel’s fee to Mustafi’s to sign an elite CB?

All they’ve done is increase our wage bill and block the academy pathway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom