• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's thoughts

Mark

Established Member
http://www.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 35,00.html

well unless certain players improve their finishing i see us going out of this competition, at the start i wouldnt have cared, but having gone so far with good youngsters playing well i would've liked us to go on a win it, i guess we still could, it would be a great achievement getting to the final playing so many youngsters.

Gooner83

We never created enough chances either, really shows we miss a player like Bergkamp.

For the second leg, Bergkamp and Wiltord up front.. i can see us at least going to Penalties.

0-1 isn't so bad, when it could have been 2 or 3.

lewdikris

Established Member
Kids simply weren't physically strong enough to deal with the Mills', Boateng's and Ehiogu's of this world ... hardly surprising. Boro are a physically tough team.

They did ok though - a bit flashy, but pretty good.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
lewdikris said:
Kids simply weren't physically strong enough to deal with the Mills', Boateng's and Ehiogu's of this world ... hardly surprising. Boro are a physically tough team.

They did ok though - a bit flashy, but pretty good.

Actually sorry to say this but Mills played great last night .....

We never looked like scoring, Bentley looks like a poor mans Freddie. Still is it worth our better players to win this?

Andrew

We need to through a star player in the mix. I thought Kanu was made to look very good compared to the rest of our players... so just imagine what the injection of Pires, Vieira or Henry will do. At least throw all of them on the bench if needed, and perhaps start one. Quincy was dissapointing for me, Ryan Smith looked better than him. Ali was sorely missed in this match. Don't be too harsh on Bentley, because at least he had chances.

Andrew said:
Don't be too harsh on Bentley, because at least he had chances.

He's gotta learn hasn't he and competitions like this are a helping hand. After all its only the CC and it's fun to watch, with no real pressure on us to win. Gives the youth a chance to represent Arsenal at a higher level and gives them a little experience.

goonerlove

I agree with AW's approach. I think giving the youth a chance to win or lose is a great learning experience for them and it gives us a vision into their character and ability down the line...

If we bow out of the competition in the Semi's playing our teenagers, there is no dishonor in that...

Goonerlove

goonerlove said:
If we bow out of the competition in the Semi's playing our teenagers, there is no dishonor in that...

Exactly, to be honest, is anyone going to be really really upset if we crash out after playing our teenagers? I think not some how.

This competition is an excellent chance to give the youth a run out in a competetive situation. No shame or love lost if we go out.

Wheelori

Actually sorry to say this but Mills played great last night .....

quote]

talking absolute crap, mills let the crowd play on his mind all night, he had one tackle in the second half against ryan smith that made him look like an above average defender, but it was only because the youngster shyed away from it and eased off the pace, despite the fact he would of done him. i cant see how we could look too flashy, bentley and smith were brilliant on the ball, quincy perhaps got a bit excited and tried one trick too many, but he is quick as ****, if he could get a bit stronger, same with ali aswel, he was a poofter in the last round, no strength at all. but mills made a horrible tackle on edu (?) i believe it was, very mistimed, and could have seriously injured the fella. he panics when he has the ball, gets rid of it as quick as he can, cant beat a man even in the last third and quite frankly looked the pure **** he is.

reggiepaul

Arsenal vs Middlesbrough

54% Posession 46%
2 Shots on target 1
8 Shots off target 3
4 Blocked 3
8 Corners 4
13 Fouls 3
4 Offside 18
0 Yellow 3
0 Red 0

Arsenal Quotes