• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: January 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerome_Gooner

He was tipped to become the best striker in the world pre injuries. His lifestyle and injuries obviously stagnated any progress he had. You can't deny the talent he was and could become.

Also he is currently on form and would be a cheap buy for us with minimal loss.

I read a very good post on here on why his growth in his last teenage years not only got him injured a lot but prevents him from doing now what made him deadly at 19. I think it's in the Pato thread actually.

Wouldn't touch him with a stick, don't need anyway

TorontoGooner76

Other than youth players, I have a feeling that Elneny will be it this window. Still a bit of a gap in midfield until players start returning, but I think any other moves will come in the summer now.

BBF

So is this the top top top top top quality that Wenger insists will only do for Arsenal nowadays?

Did you actually believe that ****? We just signed some randomer from the Swiss league ffs

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
“I would prefer to have my players back from their injuries. [Danny] Welbeck is two to three weeks away and I am confident I will not find a better player than Welbeck on the market.”
Wenger.

BBF

sad.
We have a great scouting system and the player hasnt even played for us.
arguments getting very poor this days, reflection of not been able to analyse whats going on without being biased.

He looks average. Average positioning, average passing, lightweight and is clearly seen as a backup player to Coquelin. We don't need a backup to Coquelin, we need someone to bench him. Now we have another limited player in our midfield who needs someone to compliment his deficiencies. It's all just crap stuff.

MaraDon

He looks average. Average positioning, average passing, lightweight and is clearly seen as a backup player to Coquelin. We don't need a backup to Coquelin, we need someone to bench him. Now we have another limited player in our midfield who needs someone to compliment his deficiencies. It's all just crap stuff.
from a youtube video.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

They guy's only 23 & hasn't yet played a game for Arsenal. People with a much more informed opinion of him scouted the lad for over a year. Just because he's played in the Swiss league & no one here knew of him previously, doesn't mean he isn't ready to step it up.

Sure, it's your opinion & you're entitled to it but I fail to see how you can write someone off based on a few youtube videos without ever having seen him play for us. How many times does Wenger have to unearth a gem before we allow said player to develop and show his true quality before writing them off or categorizing them as not Arsenal quality.

According to Wenger, his skillset is very useful in our current squad as he can play as both B2B and as CDM, two areas we're short in. He's energetic and statistically one of the fittest players around - just what we currently need to give our midfield engine room the necessary boost.

All the reports that we've seen so far have been nothing but positive. Lets hope the lad can have an excellent Arsenal career.

There will be plenty of time to judge him over the next few months - why do it before he's even donned an Arsenal shirt.

MaraDon

They guy's only 23 & hasn't yet played a game for Arsenal. People with a much more informed opinion of him scouted the lad for over a year. Just because he's played in the Swiss league & no one here knew of him previously, doesn't mean he isn't ready to step it up.

Sure, it's your opinion & you're entitled to it but I fail to see how you can write someone off based on a few youtube videos without ever having seen him play for us. How many times does Wenger have to unearth a gem before we allow said player to develop and show his true quality before writing them off or categorizing them as not Arsenal quality.

According to Wenger, his skillset is very useful in our current squad as he can play as both B2B and as CDM, two areas we're short in. He's energetic and statistically one of the fittest players around - just what we currently need to give our midfield engine room the necessary boost.

All the reports that we've seen so far have been nothing but positive. Lets hope the lad can have an excellent Arsenal career.
but he didnt cost 60 million pounds, so he is **** and a coquelin back up.
this place is getting so frustrating.
its like having a conversation with piers morgan.

Carlo Marx

Used to be the Voice of Reason, now raging
Liverpool and Arsenal competing for Athletic Bilbao forward Inaki Williams... who broke the record for being the fastest player in La Liga last seasont

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...test-player-La-Liga-season.html#ixzz3xJlTTjZd

Let's hope this is legit. An incredible prospect imo, could even be the long-term answer at CF. Great finishing, imposing, good technique, comes from a club with pedigree.

Also, this goal:

y_X2Qe.gif

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Let's hope this is legit. An incredible prospect imo, could even be the long-term answer at CF. Great finishing, imposing, good technique, comes from a club with pedigree.

Also, this goal:

y_X2Qe.gif
We need someone with Theo's pace but better skills. Could this be the lad. The article seemed to indicate that Liverpool were looking at him ?heavily & we've come in lately.

BBF

There will be plenty of time to judge him over the next few months - why do it before he's even donned an Arsenal shirt.

I've previously said before that he might turn out to be a quality player, there's far more to suggest professional scouts know more than some randomer off a forum. But I also know a quality player when I see one. Ones that has several attributes that stand out, even despite having clear flaws. I can't see anything that stands out, and the things that he's supposedly good at aren't impressive. Hopefully he's a Campbell (who I liked, then doubted, and now I like again) who didn't necessarily stick out, but is a solid option. But knowing that, I want proper quality that can slot in against Stoke and undoubtedly benches Coquelin. We have two players in midfield doing one mans job, and it's really crap stuff from us. You can't tell me this lad is going to slot in and dominate midfield, surely? You're right. But it feels like we're taking the easy option again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom