• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

We're Not All Anti-Ashley Cole

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I am probably sticking my foot in my mouth here but I don't think it is good that the news section should such a harsh article on it's front page. It is the News section not an editorial section of Arsenal-Mania. And clearly that article doesn't represent the majority of the users on this site.

sabret00the

Established Member
Exiled In Newcastle said:
sabret00the said:
and i wanted to write something to displace the crap that is the headline "Goodbye Ashley Cole" from the front page.

Would you care to justify that comment?
"Goodbye Ashley Cole", that headline said to me and all others (i've spoken to) the guy's been sold. And while this is a website for fans to express there views, this site and in general there's been an anti-Ashley sentiment running wild, i would firmly like Ashley to stay and there's others who feel the same way.

But yes my grievance wasn't so much with the piece, but more the headline.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
The headline was fully appropriate if you read the article.

Anti-Ashley sentiment isn't 'running wild', it's just the vast majority of Arsenal fans hate the little tosser. To be honest I've not spoken to anyone at Barnet or Members Day or Den's Testimonial who wanted him to stay.

As for 'putting it behind us' - are you having a laugh? He's continually shat on the club for over a year now and expected fans to back him still.

He is exactly what is bad with football and one of the main reasons why Arsène avoids buying English players.

wer

Rocafella said:
left backs won't win you trophies

They do. Look at Italy.

And, I like that article on the A-M site. Its time for him to apologise or go.

awooga83

Established Member
Totally agree Exiled I thought the article was good but then i would thats pretty much how i feel. I didn't think it meant he was 100% sold i knew it was Exiled's way of saying we as fans our finished with him.

RC8

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Rocafella said:
Rightly said Sabre, left backs won't win you trophies and they won't become the clubs highest ever scorer but that's not why he was slated, far from it. Somehow due to the fact that Theirry has enough respect for the fans and club as a whole to not go and speak to Chelsea in secret and then blatantly lie about it might be why he isn't slated as much as Ashley yet you didn't mention that, it somehow must of slipped your mind.
Personally i don't for one second beleive that Theirry didn't meet with a Barca official, however i do beleive that it never made the papers and thus he saved face, honestly, we know Thierry isn't like Ashley in terms of the whole PR thing, so we wouldn't have to deal with the post-fall out but how would you feel about him if his meetings with Barca were made public?

I personally wouldn't care, just as I did not care when Cole met with chelsea in first place. They are people, and they have every right to look at their different alternatives.

However, every time Henry was asked about his future he would always be respectful towards the club, and in various ocassions he came out and said how fantastic Arsenal fans were.

Cole has never taken the initiative to go and talk to a Newspaper like Henry did in order to keep informed his fans of the situation.

Cole is a great player, and I don't want him out, but I want him to clear things up, to talk to the fans, and to grace the Arsenal shirt.

BigBoss

I still hope cole stays.....He is the best LB in the world. I can't say who is guilty or not as I don't know what actually happened but cole shouldn't have talk to chelsea secretly....As concerning Henry being in talks with Barca at that time well I would probably have been disgusted at first as I was when vieira left. But thinking of it calmly the players have their own rights and decisions to make. At least Barca were linked with Henry and not doingcthe deal secretly (which is illegal for some good reasons). But still hope Cole doesn't go as even with him we have big problems in defence.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I get a feeling that everybody thinks that the board is totally not to blame for all this. Remember this is the same board that has done some fishy things in the past. We are probably not better then any other board when it comes to dodgy business. Remeber the signing of Flamini and Cesc, Adebayour went on strike to join us we could have had a hand in that and all this Beveren business.They are greyzones but we profit oin them nontheless

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Yeahbee - cobblers mate.

With Flamini and Cesc we followed the rules to the absolute letter. The other clubs may not have been happy but there were no rules (of any kind) broken.

Adebayor didn't 'go on strike to join us'.

Beveren - absolutely no case to answer. Again we followed the rules to the letter and the FA (and FIFA) have confirmed there was no wrong doing.

The board IS totally blameless in this. Ash wanted 60k. Board said yes. Then Cole's agent wanted US to pay HIM £5ka week on top.

NORTHLONDONGOONER!

The board IS totally blameless in this. Ash wanted 60k. Board said yes. Then Cole's agent wanted US to pay HIM £5ka week on top.

Exactly right, It is not Ashleys fault, although he should have stamped down on his agents greed. He was just mislead, and regreats everything, although relations between him and the board broke down, and his agent lied and ash not being the smartest couldn't see it.

Kaylee G

Totally Agree....

Ashley Cole was still a good asset to us when he was at Arsenal...I reckon majority of gooners are just jealous cos he went to Chelsea out of any team...

However,

I have something that might change your mind and make you crack up as well! Anyone heard that 'Batty boy Cole' tune yet? Taking Highbury by storm...I have a free download for ya if you contact me! :p

Gooner T

Re: Totally Agree....

Kaylee G said:
Ashley Cole was still a good asset to us when he was at Arsenal...I reckon majority of gooners are just jealous cos he went to Chelsea out of any team...

However,

I have something that might change your mind and make you crack up as well! Anyone heard that 'Batty boy Cole' tune yet? Taking Highbury by storm...I have a free download for ya if you contact me! :p

Yeah heard that outside the grove before a game. Fukin classic tune.

P.S Sabre, what do you think of the "farce that is Clichy ever replacing Cole" now? Put your foot in it again havent ya!

Kaylee G

Cheers...

Glad to hear you say you like it...as I am the one who sings it! Poor Ashley Cole....he don't really deserve as much as he is taking. He is constantly getting booed at every match now, my dream is to hear all fans singing 'Ashle Cole...Is a Chelsea batty boy' though still!

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom