• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

West Ham vs Arsenal Match Ratings

sabret00the

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Szczesny - 7. Great save early on, and generally very reliable.

Eboue - 5. Really poor first half, just kept going missing, made Djourou's life much more difficult than it needed to be. Better second half.

Djourou - 6. Lots of good defending, but one or two poor moments. Not his finest hour, but far from disastrous either.

Koscielny - 7.5. Made mincemeat of Carlton Cole really. Everything Cole tried Koscielny read it and dealt with it.

Clichy - 7. A little wasteful at times, but again was very solid throughout.

Song - 6. Decent performance.

Wilshere - 7.5. Top class performance. Had an answer for everything, whatever West Ham did to try and disrupt his game, he more than had enough to overcome. So incredibly mature in everything he does.

Fabregas - 7. Not quite vintage Cesc, but some moments of sheer class. Worked really hard too.

Walcott - 7.5. A little disappointing one-on-one, but you can't argue with the end result. A goal, an assist, and a penalty won. Double figures for goals for the first time in his career. Well done Theo.

Nasri - 6. Similar to Cesc, moments of genuine class, but cruised through really.

van Persie - 8. Where to start? What a player this guy is. Showed a bit of everything tonight, some of his link-play and movement was sublime. Great finish for his 1st goal, too.
Pretty much nail on the head there.

The Escaped Ape

Good to see us doing what we're supposed to do with teams at the foot of the table. Good to see RVP starting to hit his stride. Not getting over-excited yet.

RVP (MOTM), Cesc, Nasri, Wilshere - 7.5
Theo, Clichy, Kos, Song - 7
Szczesny, Djourou - 6
Eboue - 5

Arsharvin, Denilson, Gibbs - N/A

Lukazan

Established Member
Szczesny 6
Eboue 4
Djourou 5
Koscielny 7
Clichy 7
Song 7
Wilshere 7
Fabregas 7
Nasri 7
Walcott 7
van Persie 8

brady_style

Sneezy 8 There's something about a really great keeper. He has an undefinable quality called presence. It's something about the way he conducts himself at all times when he's on the pitch. It's similar to how in the Wild West people knew not to look a certain guy in the eye, knew as the guy approached them from around 200 yards away. This guy reeks of top class. I'd consider giving him a run in the team now.

Eboue 5 This guy reeks of stale pig vomit. He displays the defensive urgency of Robinho baked out of tree after a night out with fat Ronnie and two trannies. How many times in the first half was he standing ahead of his winger and thus allowing balls to be played in behind him. He would then jog over to this winger and let him get his cross away. Better in the second half, yet he deserves to train with the U14's until he begins to show the bare minimum of effort ( which means run like a lunatic for the entire match).

Djourou 6.5 Too bad slip ups but otherwise very composed throughout. The freaked out head on Carlton Cole towards the end of the match is indicative of how good a job DJ did on him.

Kos 7 Looks much more aggressive in going for the ball.

Clichy 8 Magnificent defensively. Got in front of his man again and again to intercept passes.

Song 6 Showed good tackling and tracking skills. His passing in the final third wasn't up to speed last night. When we are in possession I would like to see him make a run behind his full back more often. On many occassions he just stands on the touch line waiting for the pass to feet.

Wilshere 7.5 Full of vigour and spark.

Cesc 7.5 Tackled brilliantly in the first half. His passing was excellent.

Theo 7 Good display. His use of the ball was a bit off. At times he just hit aimless passes into the box.

RVP 8.5 Should have had a well deserved hattrick. Magnificent display. We're a very different team with an in form RVP in the team.

Nasri 7 Bright and lively. Got stuck into a few tackles as well.

ricky1985

Established Member
Talking of Szczesny;

SjYuX.gif

:lol:

P_Gunner

:D When I saw it in the match I thought it was my imagination... turns out he really did it. Legend in the making!

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
scytheavatar said:
MOTM has got to be Wayne Bridge; superb performances for all 3 goals. 90000 a week well spent.

:lol:

I would argue, of course, that it was Walcott's world class ability that gave the defender a torrid time :wink:

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom