• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What do you think of Man Utd

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think of manchester united, meaning as in there football not coz u r there rivals, who do you think is there best player???????? and who is there to look our for.

Ak

scoles is there bst player by a mile, if it wasnt for him, they would finish 5/6 th this season. then keane. i dont htinkthey have any proper star players anymore, even giggs is much less of a threat.

yeah but man utd play as a team, alot of the time, i would say arsnal is known as a one man team --- meaning thierry henry.

I personally dont think that man utd are not as dangorous, i think they will come back next season and will fight like they havent befor, but fergie is doing what not many other magers do, he is building a team for the future.

Split

Scholes, Solskjaer (they missed him this season!!!), RVN and Rio are their best players.

I think Giggs was a fantastic player, but he isn't half the player he used to be. Keane is too old.

I think Ronaldo will be v.good in a couple of yrs.

the rest of them, I don't rate very highly!

thegame24

Established Member
Scholes is a cheating git.

giggs and Cronaldo are the main reason man u score.

Look at rvn and scholes goals, all tap ins.

jc8gooner

yeah but man utd play as a team, alot of the time, i would say arsnal is known as a one man team --- meaning thierry henry.

You're absolutely right. Without Henry we probably would have been relegated. :wink:

i think they will come back next season and will fight

I agree with that bit. Man Utd do not like finishing second, or third, for that matter. They will want it next season more than anything. No team has ever won the Premiership twice in a row apart from them. They will want to keep that statistic intact.

fergie is doing what not many other magers do, he is building a team for the future.

I think you'll find that Wenger is doing the very same thing.

The thing is that the Manchester United 'golden generaton' of Scholes, Beckham, Butt, The Neville Sisters etc are now on a downward spiral or are slowly being broken up. Without them, you are not as strong a side. Plus, players like Keane are past it and Ferguson's signings have not performed well enough.

It may well be a transition period, as many United fans will doubtless proclaim, but the trick is to retain dominance through that period. Thus, the new batch of players will know how to win, what winning means and how to maintain that hunger. Its a tough task, as Man Utd have shown this year.

Furthermore, transition to me indicates a gradual change. You don't just throw players in at the deep end when they are not ready. For me, Fletcher, Bellion, Kleberson have looked out of their depth this season, yet Man United have had to rely on them (maybe not Bellion) at crucial times. This has lead to disappointment.

Mark

Established Member
I think the only promising youngster who looks like turning out world class is C Ronaldo, I don't see you replacing players like Keane or Giggs. Van Nistelrooy is useless unless he's given the service. Scholes will be your most important player for the next few years. Also depends on how Rio plays when he comes back.

Fergusson will also retire soon. He's been a big factor in your success. If I'm going to be perfectly honest I can see it slowly going downhill for you.

jc8gooner

Fergusson will also retire soon. He's been a big factor in your success. If I'm going to be perfectly honest I can see it slowly going downhill for you.

Predictions of Man United's demise are a bit premature inh my opinion. As long as Ferguson is at the club, I can see them challenging.

Although, some of his signings have been mystifying. Does he really think that Liam Miller will be the replacement for Roy Keane? Is Louis Saha really good enough for a team supposedly challenging for the CL?

Mark

Established Member
jc8gooner said:

Predictions of Man United's demise are a bit premature inh my opinion. As long as Ferguson is at the club, I can see them challenging.

Although, some of his signings have been mystifying. Does he really think that Liam Miller will be the replacement for Roy Keane? Is Louis Saha really good enough for a team supposedly challenging for the CL?

Yeah that's what I mean, while he is there they will challenge, but like this year I don't think they will succeed. I don't know how much longer he will be there for, but some of the players, like the ones you have mentioned above, he has left with whoever the future manager is going to be don't look like becoming championship winning material. Cristiano Ronaldo aside.

A.Hussain

ronaldo has great potential. but i rate oshea and howard, and saha quite highly. i even think fortune is good, but compared to arsenal, u guys are still second rate.

:wink: sorri

JGooner

Man Utd are much closer to being a one man team than Arsenal and that one man is Paul Scholes. I hate the way he tries to mutilate our players with those disgusting late tackles, but the man is just a genius - the best english player of his generation. Vieira and Henry agree.

Man Utd without Scholes lack creativity and penetration. They become reliant on Giggs to link midfield with attack, who is world class but still overrated by about 20%. Scholes has supreme technical skill and arguably the best footballing mind in the Premiership, apart from maybe Pires. He never stops thinking - always working new angles, always distributing the ball quickly and damagingly instead of pretending that long mazy runs ever have anything more than a 10% success rate, always timing his runs so that nobody picks him up. His performance against Newcastle last season in the 6-2 game was the ultimate masterclass in the art of being an attacking midfielder.

If Scholes had a more publicity-seeking personality and a showy haircut, he would receive the attention he deserves.

Having said, Scholes is approaching the later stage of his career, which is also true of Giggs, Keane, Butt, and others. If Man Utd do decline over the next decade, it will be because they fail to adequately replace these players. Certainly they are unlikely to have another youth team as good as the '92 generation (Fletcher just doesn't cut it - Wenger, quite rightly, wouldn't have played him as much as Ferguson has this season) so they are going to have to buy.

Gurgen

Established Member
MissyCRonaldo said:

That's probably why we beat you gits last year without him. Crawl back in that hole plz :roll:

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
United is a dynasty in decline. when u have to regularly call on forlan, djemba, solskjear, kleberson, bellion and keane, u are in a ****load of doodoo. United for UEFA Cup in two seasons!!!

jc8gooner

Many Man United fans say that they might well have won the league if Rio had stuck around for the second part of the season, based on the fact that they were top when he was there, with best defensive record and everything.
Perhaps, Man United are as reliant on Scholes, Rio and Van Nistelrooy as we are on Campbell, Vieira, Henry and Pires. That is the nature of footie though. You rely on your best players. When one has an outstanding season, that does not make you a one-man team.

johe

MissyCRonaldo said:
I personally dont think that man utd are not as dangorous, i think they will come back next season and will fight like they havent befor, but fergie is doing what not many other magers do, he is building a team for the future.

The difference between manure and Arsenal is that man utd THINK they're building a team for the future, whilst Arsenal are actually doing it. Who are the "future" players?? Kleberson, Dumbo-Dumbo, Fletcher, Brown? If man utd expect to do well in the future, none of these should be in the first team. The only young player man utd have that might become good is cristiano ronaldo. :lol:

Arsenal on the other hand have young players like Reyes, Senderos and Fabregas, who are rated as 3 of the best young players in the world. Add Aliadiere, Bentley, Clichy, Abeyie, Hoyte etc etc

Don't even bother comparing ronaldo to Reyes, it's worthless comparing a poor baby to the Premier League winning Reyes.

Ahh, it is good to be a gooner. :wink:

Damn windups. :roll:

godfather

jc8gooner said:
Many Man United fans say that they might well have won the league if Rio had stuck around for the second part of the season, based on the fact that they were top when he was there, with best defensive record and everything.
Perhaps, Man United are as reliant on Scholes, Rio and Van Nistelrooy as we are on Campbell, Vieira, Henry and Pires. That is the nature of footie though. You rely on your best players. When one has an outstanding season, that does not make you a one-man team.

exactly pointed

I just wanted to see what the opinions are of manchester united, but what you all are saying is the exactly the same as the news papers, which i sorta expected of arsnal fans, i think manchester havent been on form this season, and it has been quite clear to everyone, and when i think about it now looking back to the beginning of the season, from about the 5th game of the season arsnal won the the leuge already, coz by then everyone had been beaten, some how or way.
But as you have said about kleberson, as man utd fans them self say he hasnt been very good, bellion im not too sure what the man utd fans think of him in genral, at the moment i dont rate him and i doubt i will rate him, i think he is abit like solkjar, he is only good for the last 15 minutes when we need fresh legs, as u all said the reserve team of 92 are getting on abit and i think that Sir Alex Fergeson should of thought about that about 2 season ago, that is one of the very few things i will critisice him on.

As for the rio thing, i dont think he is the excuse of man utd lacking this season, but i think that mayby the things todo with that horse and that man, mayby i think that has affected Sir Alex.

But still as fergieis in management at man utd, i think they will fight.

I have always said from day 1 that Ruud Van Nistlerooy isnt a class striker, but he does the job and scores goals, i think man utd problem was this season was defence, we have got a strong enough defence.

As for the younger player, i think Ronaldo has been sensational, fletcher , i can tell he is becoming a good player, but i think he has been played too much, i also think that ronaldo should be playing in every important game but, we cant be over doing it for him, i think that fergie had played him more than he has intended to.
Fotune, i think he is a class player pitty he is out for like 6 months,
O'Shea, i dont rate him yet, but he does the job 50% of the time, i think next season man utd will look like a totally diffrent team, i said last august that we wont win the leuge, and as a man utd fan i shouldnt of said that, but i just had a feeling as we havent got david beckham anymore and we were getting in new youger players.

Mark

Established Member
Writing off Man U now is ridiculous obviously, like how everyone was writing us off last season, but I think next season or the season after could be their last chance as I think their best years of dominance are coming to an end. It never lasts forever. Liverpool had their fun, Man U have had their fun. It's Arsenal's turn now.

johe said:
MissyCRonaldo said:
Don't even bother comparing ronaldo to Reyes, it's worthless comparing a poor baby to the Premier League winning Reyes.

Ahh, it is good to be a gooner. :wink:

Damn windups. :roll:

yeah it will be good to be a gooner, i wonder what u will be like if henry gets a injury for the season, u will be nothing without him, arsnal have got nothing on man utd, yeah i admit that arsnal have been sensational this season, but u may aswel been in the french leuge considering ur players are half of the french squad, but saying that u wont stand a chance in the french leuge, i dont think they like gay's such as wenger.

But i doubt u have noticed that arsnal have got the reputations as cheaters duh, r u gonna say that u r not in the wrong for when arsnal played man utd at home in september, ruud was the better man for walkin away , well i wouldnt even call keown a man, today i was having a debate and a lad sed to me that berkamp is one one of the best player of all time, and u know what everyone did,,, laffed at him, i can understand henry and veura but berkamp eerrr NO, not in a million years, watch in 3 years time ronaldo will make henry look stupid like he did with ashley cole when u played us at old trafford, every man utd supporter will tell u, they was lafing at cole, and infact was lafin at arsnal in genral which is no surprize at all really is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom