• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What really happened in the summer of Cech?

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

It’s hard to understand because it isn’t true. A year later we spent close to 100m on Xhaka, Mustafi and Perez. Why couldn’t we have done that in 2015?

Arsenal stadium debt had significantly reduced around then and the purse strings loosened to roughly 100m a summer.

Explained in detail here which explains a lot of you guys “why did they not spend until 2015” barbs.

Furthermore, who said that 100m was the budget of that transfer summer alone? How do you know Arsenal didn’t keep their powder dry and wait until the following season like we saw this regime do last Jan?

All desperate attempts to discredit Wenger and bizarrely lay some of the blame of the present day on him.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Liverpool was chasing the quad last season and City are chasing the treble this season. Between them they have made 4 of the last 5 CL finals.

BuT tHE leAgUE dEFinITelY isNT tOugHer.

Exactly Klopps a great manager & done amazing things there but his team goes of the boil a bit this season & they likely won't even get Champions League now.

Sp**s fans are in meltdown coz they will finish 8th but Conte was OVERACHIEVING & 6th or 7th is probably their natural position right now.

7 really big clubs now in the league who's fans/owners expect & demand success.

It's never been harder to win the league or finish top 4 with a Champs league place.

Next season 5 champs league places means a little more wiggle room but 2 big clubs are still gonna be out every year.

As for winning the prem title 6 of the biggest/wealthiest clubs in European football will be disappointed every single season!!

Tnegs

Arsenal stadium debt had significantly reduced around then and the purse strings loosened to roughly 100m a summer.

Explained in detail here which explains a lot of you guys “why did they not spend until 2015” barbs.

Furthermore, who said that 100m was the budget of that transfer summer alone? How do you know Arsenal didn’t keep their powder dry and wait until the following season like we saw this regime do last Jan?

All desperate attempts to discredit Wenger and bizarrely lay some of the blame of the present day on him.

I’m a professional accountant with a keen interest in football finances who has been tracking Arsenals financials since 2008 and I know for a fact that it made next to 0 difference from a financial viewpoint whether we spent in 2015 or 2016. It was a poor decision that cost us the title that season.

We should have pushed the boat out in 13/14 to sign Suarez, Higuain and Özil and we could have afforded it but we didn’t because we lacked ambition not finances. Same goes for 15/16.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I’m a professional accountant with a keen interest in football finances who has been tracking Arsenals financials since 2008 and I know for a fact that it made next to 0 difference from a financial viewpoint whether we spent in 2015 or 2016. We should have pushed the boat out in 13/14 to sign Suarez, Higuain and Özil and we could have afforded it but we didn’t because we lacked ambition not finances. Same goes for 15/16.

Sad Fight GIF by Top Rank Boxing

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
😭 🤦‍♂️

You know, the summer of Cech doesn't happen if Bendtner finishes that one-on-one with Valdes in 2011 or if Adebayor passes to Bendtner on our away match to Birmingham in 2008.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I remember he came back looking like a Samurai in 2013/14 and scored some huge goals for us tbf :lol:
He brought back that winning mentality with him, tbf :lol:
Got himself a Serie A Scudetto winners (participation) medal alongside another former Gunner.

a0791f160280dc09b8f72553ab858adeba53c706.jpg

outlawz

It just goes to how daft people are that the season we only bought Cech and went from 3rd to 2nd was seen as a monumental failure, but the season we spent 100m and went from 2nd to 5th isn't.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
It just goes to how daft people are that the season we only bought Cech and went from 3rd to 2nd was seen as a monumental failure, but the season we spent 100m and went from 2nd to 5th isn't.
Not really.
It was seen as the perfect opportunity ALL the big clubs except us were in transition.
Leicester ended up winning the league.

It was easily the best chance we had to win the title in the Emirates era.

We spent 100m & went from 2nd to 5th because the other big teams got their act together.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom