• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What will our Star Players think

AFCG7

Established Member
I wonder what the reaction of our main players will be..
we spent (reportedly) 20 million on a 20 year old .
I hope Reyes can live up to it...

PolishGooner

They should think: i my god, i can lose my place in first team!

Kanu will think: damn it, i must play better if i wanna new contract

Wiltord will think: i must accept that 2-yr contract

Jeffers: dong dong dong

patrick42uk

Established Member
you are being quite negative about this signing

i'm sure wenger would have had a chat with the players prior to the deal being completed. I'm sure he would have explained the reasons he feels reyes will be worth it. I also believe that our players have ambition, and will embrace this signing as a statement of the club's ambition matching theirs.

Mark

Established Member
hopefully he will live up to it and the likes of pires, bergy and freddie will realise they have to really perform well to keep their places. hopefully it will give them a bit of a boost as well, it's always nice to get new players. reyes can learn a lot from these guys.

A

Anonymous

I think it will please them, especially Henry and Pat. It shows that we are an ambitious and big club capable of buying the top young players in the world for top dollar.

baccy_man

Established Member
i hope that reyes has a really good euro 2004 . his valuation will rocket up then . and prove Arsène right once more.

Sol said:
I think it will please them, especially Henry and Pat. It shows that we are an ambitious and big club capable of buying the top young players in the world for top dollar.

I totally agree with Sol. This signing will definately motivate the likes of Henry and Vieira to work just as hard to win trophies.

n_henry

Our top stars will be happy..

It's more our youngsters I'm worried about. I hope Arsène continues to give them chances (Ali mostly, Bentley too), and that they don't become too discouraged about this. :)

laolu

Sol said:

I second the motion

laolu said:
Sol said:

I second the motion

Would have to 3rd that, I think the main players in the sqaud will be pleased we made such a big signing..

mood

Henry must be delighted. Wenger says that Henry wanted him to join Arsenal too and he admires him.

Blyocoso

My concern is, and forgive me for being pessimistic, how on earth can we afford this? There was no money during the summer for anything, there was talk of £10m, now we are talking about having signed a player for £20m and Kluivert (lazy, bad attitude, not a team player) joining in the summer. There is also strong rumours about another Dutch striker. Is Henry going to Real like that Spanish pundit on Sky says or can someone explain this dramatic financial turnaround another way?

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Another friend thats what I think they are thinking as for others:
Wiltord thinking bye bye England
Jeffers now I can stick to be a toffee

GoonerLuke

Blyocoso said:
My concern is, and forgive me for being pessimistic, how on earth can we afford this? There was no money during the summer for anything, there was talk of £10m, now we are talking about having signed a player for £20m and Kluivert (lazy, bad attitude, not a team player) joining in the summer. There is also strong rumours about another Dutch striker. Is Henry going to Real like that Spanish pundit on Sky says or can someone explain this dramatic financial turnaround another way?

Wenger has always had money to spend, he is just very judicious on who he chooses to spend it on and what he tells the press. If he had gone off running his mouth about how he had enough money to make an Arsenal record transfer, all prices would have shot up, including Reyes.

Alexone234

Rg, you are such a floosey. Yesterday your were like "oh Im Henry's girl" and now you're all over the new boy :)

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom