• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What would they be worth today?

Topside

Martin Hayes I remember that season he scored 24 goals 86/87 12 being pens, scored a brilliant solo effort v Charlton at Selhurst Park.....it was as good as it got for him.

It was a one off season and soon he was getting splinters on the bench, Liam Brady signed him for Celtic for around 700k 1990.

Infamous story about him missing training at Celtic.fell asleep in his car, 7 games 0 goals in three years.

The North Bank used to sing 'whoopsie, daisy, Martin Haysie' :lol:

lomekian

Essays are my thing
giphy.gif
Bellend now, but was our player of the year in 1984-85 aged 20, having already almost 150 first team appearances and only missed out on the 1986 World Cup Squad due to injury. In 1985 he probably would have been worth £60-80m in current transfer fees looking at contemporaries.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Martin Hayes I remember that season he scored 24 goals 86/87 12 being pens, scored a brilliant solo effort v Charlton at Selhurst Park.....it was as good as it got for him.

It was a one off season and soon he was getting splinters on the bench, Liam Brady signed him for Celtic for around 700k 1990.

Infamous story about him missing training at Celtic.fell asleep in his car, 7 games 0 goals in three years.

The North Bank used to sing 'whoopsie, daisy, Martin Haysie' :lol:
He was already benched by my first season of going (87-88), but i remember the song!

Arsel

Imagine how much that crop of 80s kids would be worth (particularly before Rocky's knee injury & Thomas falling out with Gorgeous George).

Adams, Keown, Rocastle, Thomas, Davis, Merson, Campbell, Quinn, Hayes & could even throw in Stewart Robson. In current transfer fees that's well over £500m even if not selling at peak value.
Quinn and Hayes not so much, but I get your point.

You could even make a claim for Perry!

And Stewart Robson was a fantastic footballer, there is no denying that.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
We signed Ian Wright for £2,5m, from Crystal Palace, in September 1991. In today's world, would it look something like this?

Screenshot_20230627-053034.png

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Arsenal Manager Mikel Arteta has smashed the Club's Record transfer fee, by signing Dutch Forward Dennis Bergkamp. The New Gunners forward has signed from Inter Milan for a fee of, £200,000,000. This breaks the previous record, when Arsenal paid £170,000,000, for Ian Wright.

Screenshot_20230627-084614.png
Dennis is unveiled on the er... Emirates Stadium pitch.

Screenshot_20230627-084655.png
Mikel believes Bergkamp can complement the forward line of, Wright and Jesus.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Top Bottom