• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Whatever happend to Volz´ decision ?

Sammer

Established Member
I was just wondering if there are any news on Volz leaving - or not leaving.

Supposedly, he had to make up his mind soon - does anybody know if there is a deadline - or are there any news?

Sammer

Established Member
It all depends on what kind of prospect Wenger has given to Volz.

The choice for him to either a 1st squad team member at a decent EPL-team or whatever role Wenger sees him play at Arsenal.

I still hope he stays...since Lauren still doesn´t do it for me.

kajej

Yeah i brought up the same question in another thread...really hope he stays too, if he does he surely has an excellent attitude. Maybe he sees he has a realistic chance of challenging Lauren!

Adam

Established Member
He has the potential to be better than Lauren at RB, but his passing will need improvement. Wenger likes Lauren as a defensive outlet. His passes into midfield are of a high quality.

Volz has a 67 percent pass completion rate, which will need improvement. Perhaps it is because he is young and he is attempting ambitious balls, or that his team mates aren't giving him many options (there are alot of factors).

Andrew

I don't know why we're letting Volz go. He seems to have the commitment and determination. Yes, he can improve, but who would have thought that we'd admire Toure so much this season last year? I think we should keep him at least for another year or two and give him a chance at least. Perhaps we should move Toure to the centre and play Lauren on the right and bring Volz in as his replacement. But to me it suggests that Wenger sees Toure as more of a right back (which I agree with) than centre back, because otherwise I don't know why he would let Volz go.

reggiepaul

This is actually quite fun.

We could use him against Boro during the Borothon.

Think about it Kolo and Ash for some games and Volz and Clichy for the others - then we have Lauren as back as well.

Sounds good.

wiltord11

reggiepaul said:
This is actually quite fun.

We could use him against Boro during the Borothon.

Think about it Kolo and Ash for some games and Volz and Clichy for the others - then we have Lauren as back as well.

Sounds good.

what about justin hoyte ive seen him twice now in the carling cup and i think he looks better than volz in my opionion but he still needs experience

Jinn

Established Member
I think Hoyte may still be injured.

And you can't say he's better than Volz based on Carling Cup.

jackycreegs

who would have thought that we'd admire Toure so much this season last year?

i've thought toure was a hero from the first time i saw him. unlike seemingly everyone else though, i'm not too convinced by him at centre back. i put our defeat by inter down to his poor defensive play, and generally just don't find him to be a commanding enough presence. at right back however is a different story, i think he's already up there with the best in that position in the world.

A

Anonymous

JazzGay Mwah said:

WTF?! :? :)

Havent seen enough of the guy to form a proper opinion, but i dont think he will ever be an Arsenal regular.

GoonerLuke

It's been said before, but I'm going to repeat it. Kolo Toure is the next Thuram, only he might be better. He can slot in at RB or CB, Wenger's only dillemma right now is that it's almost a tossup between playing Lauren or Cygan, so he has stuck with Cygan, because he's been more effective.

Haha, I forgot that this was a discussion on Volz. Oh well, he's not going to get in ahead of Kolo, that's for sure.

I know you all hate Myles and think he is crap, but I actually think he made some good observations in this piece. http://www.anr.uk.com/articles/m-2003-1 ... 28-44.html

Sorry for going off subject...I don't think Volz will make it here. He could, but he won't.

lewdikris

Established Member
Gotta say it, that is Myles' best and most accurate piece for years.

Volz is off because Toure will be our Cafu, our Thuram - providing the way for Freddie to stay nominally out wide whilst the Wonderboy supplies the crosses and he cuts in.

Wenger knows that.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom