• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Where is Pires?

kel varnsen

Established Member
Why didn't he play yesterday? Is he injured? He played so well against ajax, so i would have liked to see him punish the pathetic manc defense...

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Pires is fine, he was in training today. Maybe Arsène just wanted to have a look at other options, like he did on the right flank too.

thegame24

Established Member
Speaking of the RM, dont you think Pennant was very effective down that side?

i thought he was great, Ljungberg can now be rested.

marhes26

Thats the best performance i've seen from Pennant for a long time.I just hope he can keep his attitude right.

Split

Agreed, Pennant was great, his crossing was brilliant and of course his pace, Pennant's crossing and Van Persies Aerial ability could add a new dimension to our game this season...

kel varnsen

Established Member
marhes26 said:
Thats the best performance i've seen from Pennant for a long time.I just hope he can keep his attitude right.

i agree. pennant gives us other options on the right wing; ljungberg isn't the traditional winger. he's kind of like a "fox in the box", only a midfielder. his penetrating runs are incredible important for arsenal and the way he links up with bergkamp is amazing.

pennant on the other hand; is the traditional winger. fast(ljungberg is also very fast!), good crossing and can dribble. it gives us more options...

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I thought Pennant was superb in the first half, pacy, good control, crossing, a couple of times his final ball wasn't so good but no worries.

Second half he seemed to disappear a little, maybe that was cos he was across the pitch from me..

Mark

Established Member
Freddie and Bobby had minor injuries and were not risked. Hopefully they will play against Everton.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
They will be fit as will Henry. Not to sure about Vieira being fit for the Curtainraiser though.

lee1001

Established Member
Two things have happened to Pennant playing at Leeds last year. One positive, one negative.

First of all, he tracks back and defends more than he did which he would have to of done at relegation fodder Leeds.

Second, this has already been mentioned. His final ball has not been consistantly good enough. He seems to panic a little when more composure is needed. Maybe he is a little nervous coming back to Arsenal.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
lee1001 said:
Two things have happened to Pennant playing at Leeds last year. One positive, one negative.

First of all, he tracks back and defends more than he did which he would have to of done at relegation fodder Leeds.

Second, this has already been mentioned. His final ball has not been consistantly good enough. He seems to panic a little when more composure is needed. Maybe he is a little nervous coming back to Arsenal.
His final ball has been class.

Yesterday he almost set up a goal for henry and for Reyes with low crosses. He made a mistake with one of his passes, but that is to be expected, as he is coming into a new style of football to that which he played in at Leeds.

The only negative thing about him now is that he seems to always take the easy option. Before he would try all these tricks, but get caught out once in a while, now he's afraid for his position he seems to have gone back to basics. By doing the simple things well.

Hopefully he will start doing this as his confidence grows i time.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom