• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Which country has the best youngsters?

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 35
  • Views 1,201

Mark

Established Member
I wouldn't say England doesn't produce young talent. It's just that their first team chances are limited, because as you say, the clubs here are bigger and have more money to buy world class players from other countries. Youngsters get more first team football in places like France and Holland and also in the smaller clubs in England. Rooney is a good example. Bentley probably would've had as many games as him had he been at a smaller club but it's a lot more difficult here.

Arjan

You are right Mark, but England also has 4 professional leagues!!

So there should be enough opportunity for a youngster to play.

And still, anyone on this board can name at least 4 young dutch players.

It will be difficult to name 4 extremely talented English youngsters

Mark

Established Member
Wayne Rooney, Glen Johnson, Jermain Defoe, Carlton Cole

Ok, I admit they are not up to the standards of Van der Vaart, Robben, Van Persie, Sneijder and the rest, but another argument is that in the dutch league these players aren't playing against such big teams so it's easier to look good. Not doubting their talent at all, but the Premiership is difficult and if you can settle in and get a regular place as a youngster it's a real achievement.

brianfrance

Established Member
1° France 2° Holland 3° Spain
In France you forget Ben Arfa, Bernard Mendy, Evra, Berthod, Flamini, etc...

liam346

whilst i love the fact that Liverpool have picked up Sinama_Pongolle and Tony Le T i really would preffer that we produced our own (Gerrard and Owen aside )>Its not so much a problem at club level more do we need a National set up as France do at Clairfontaine.certainly lets take Stevie G, all Scousers love him but imagine if he had the drive and skills say of Robert Pires , this as a result of a Youth System

Constructive sensible comment would be good guys not a wish list for our clubs

asajoseph

Established Member
Why the slateing of Wayne Rooney? I don't get it... For me, he looks like twice the player Owen was when he was 18...

skart14

asajoseph said:
Why the slateing of Wayne Rooney? I don't get it... For me, he looks like twice the player Owen was when he was 18...

Too much hype...the media was on about him like he was gonna score 30 goals in his first season...too overrated....plus that bugger scored that f*cking goal against us.. :evil:

asajoseph

Established Member
Come on guys, let's be a little even handed... We're busy hyping up RvP, a guy who has acheived little on the world stage, yet we're looking to play down a guy who has scored regularly for England at the age of 18? Would we complain if the media hyped Reyes or Van Persie? No... The fact is, Wayne Rooney is the most exciting thing to happen in English football for a long long while, talents like his come around for this country once in a decade. He's 18, scores for England, looks capable of setting up goals, and causes defenses big problems. Plus, he's not lightweight like Owen.

As for that goal, credit where it's due, it was a quality strike. We can't blame him for that...

brianfrance

Established Member
liam346 said:
whilst i love the fact that Liverpool have picked up Sinama_Pongolle and Tony Le T i really would preffer that we produced our own (Gerrard and Owen aside )>Its not so much a problem at club level more do we need a National set up as France do at Clairfontaine.certainly lets take Stevie G, all Scousers love him but imagine if he had the drive and skills say of Robert Pires , this as a result of a Youth System

Constructive sensible comment would be good guys not a wish list for our clubs
SinamaPongolle and Le Tallec are good player. Berthod, Mendy, Ben Arfa (who is not the next cheyrou :lol: ) are excellent, Evra is world class. And they are more very good young players...
Well, vive la france et arsenal !! :lol:

Sammer

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
german younsgters suprsingly dont get enough coverage, maybe because they insist on moving to bayern alone. the likes of andreas hinkel, philip lahm, tobias rau,fabian ernst, hanno balitsch, kevin kuranyi, benjamin lauth, thorben marx, christian tiffert, sebastian kehl to name a few.

You named some good talents there - but I honestly believe that only

Philip Lahm
Andreas Hinkel
Timo Hildebrandt

will turn out as top-class players. The others are obviously good team players but I´d be surprised if any of them would be good enough to make it in the EPL e.g.

pamilih

asajoseph said:
Come on guys, let's be a little even handed... We're busy hyping up RvP, a guy who has acheived little on the world stage, yet we're looking to play down a guy who has scored regularly for England at the age of 18? Would we complain if the media hyped Reyes or Van Persie? No... The fact is, Wayne Rooney is the most exciting thing to happen in English football for a long long while, talents like his come around for this country once in a decade. He's 18, scores for England, looks capable of setting up goals, and causes defenses big problems. Plus, he's not lightweight like Owen.

As for that goal, credit where it's due, it was a quality strike. We can't blame him for that...

Rooney is perhaps a naturally gifted player like the Brazilian Ronaldo. But the youth system in England fails to produce the young talents like France and Holland in recent years.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom