• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who bothers you more?

Who bothers you more?

• Total voters

HomeSteak

Established Member
Well the thing is, we all know Mustafi is crap. Unai knows that as well.
So he can't be it.
Xhaka or Mikhi. Unai seems to love them both for some reason, and loves to play them as much as possible.

Hard to pick one, but Mikhi for me. **** **** player, pointless. Trash on defense, trash in the final 3rd. Yet play every single game he can. On huge wages...I really dislike him.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Xhaka bothers me more because I can see a very nice player there.

Just doesn't suit us.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
A bit like Charles Manson trying to pick a favorite of his in the Manson Family.

susan-atkins.jpg

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

No way is Guendouzi slower. Also, Xhaka isn't just slow he has no mobility, I've seen 60 year olds that move better.

We'll never get in the CL again with Xhaka as such an important player.

Yeah unfortunately he is slower mate , Auba released the stats on twitter to take the piss out of Guendo

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Broken record here but.

Xhaka is not made for fast transition play. He slows down our game immensely. His qualities (long balls? / availability to receive the ball?) do not compensate for his flaws. Add to that a serious lack of awareness of anything besides or behind him (anything other than in front basically) which causes mistakes that lead to turnovers in dangerous areas and put unnecessary pressure on our defense. As a bonus he lacks defensive ability which forces him to make rash challenges or use his hands for obvious fouling.

He is made for a role facing no immediate pressure, pinging balls across the pitch from the back of the field. That is not the PL.

@celestis
There is a difference between slow in running (which is only one part of speed) and slow in movement of body and play.

In the latter department Guendouzi is not slow at all, he has amazing ability to twist and turn between players with the ball glued to his feet. He can accelerate quickly into space that he frees up by his movement.

His problem is awareness, slow releasing the ball (hogging) and expecting to get the foul by falling over on top of the ball which is way to obvious. All very much coachable. Same as Xhaka he operates in front of defense so any mistake is immediate danger.

Last edited:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Yeah unfortunately he is slower mate , Auba released the stats on twitter to take the piss out of Guendo

You're talking about an actual race, this isn't 100m. Xhaka is slower in acceleration and he has no mobility and can't move. He might have higher top speed but that's not that important in football because you rarely hit your top speed anyway.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

You're talking about an actual race, this isn't 100m. Xhaka is slower in acceleration and he has no mobility and can't move. He might have higher top speed but that's not that important in football because you rarely hit your top speed anyway.

I agree with all that , was just talking straight line because you said you'd beat Xhaka in a race ,well you'd muder Guendo and Torreira is all I was refferring to .

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Mustafi has had his purple patch here; the other 2 May still be yet to find their best form in an Arsenal shirt. Xhaka is needed in our squad .

I'd want all three gone next summer though.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom