• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who is a random player you’ve always rated?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Think he might be talking about the Lazio defender Bastos? Not sure if FUT was a thing when the Lyon winger was around.

@OnlyOne waxing lyrical about defenders from Lazio now 🤣🤣

Tbf I remember one of those previous versions of FIFA back in 2011-2013 (I can’t remember what year) but Welliton from Spartak was a demon as was Miccoli.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Tbf I remember one of those previous versions of FIFA back in 2011-2013 (I can’t remember what year) but Welliton from Spartak was a demon as was Miccoli.

Nah was Michael Bastos, had 5* skills. I’ve never heard of Lazio.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Doumbia and Wellinton up front on FIFA 12 was unstoppable :lol:

TornadoTed

Established Member
I used to go and watch Wolves with family a lot 25 odd years ago. I know it was only the Championship but Keith Curle was an absolute monster, several levels above any striker I saw him come up against.

The way he pocketed van Hooijdonk the year after Forest got relegated under Cloughie was one of the best defensive performances I've ever seen live.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I used to go and watch Wolves with family a lot 25 odd years ago. I know it was only the Championship but Keith Curle was an absolute monster, several levels above any striker I saw him come up against.

The way he pocketed van Hooijdonk the year after Forest got relegated under Cloughie was one of the best defensive performances I've ever seen live.
Steve Bull was something else.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Another player who I rated as a consistent performer, is Stuart Downing. A left winger, or an attacking midfielder, he seemed to be around forever, he had a 20.year playing career. He played for Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Liverpool, Aston Villa, West Ham United, Blackburn Rovers.

Screenshot_20230526-001049.png
Playing for Middlesbrough.

Screenshot_20230526-001009.png
In the Adidas Red of Middlesbrough, no it's Liverpool, Sorry.

Screenshot_20230526-001143.png
In action for Aston Villa.

Screenshot_20230526-001324.png
In the Claret and Blue of Aston Villa. No, it's West Ham United, Sorry.

Entropics

Established Member

Another player who I rated as a consistent performer, is Stuart Downing. A left winger, or an attacking midfielder, he seemed to be around forever, he had a 20.year playing career. He played for Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Liverpool, Aston Villa, West Ham United, Blackburn Rovers.

A solid PL player ruined by a good old 0 goals 0 assists in a season meme

TornadoTed

Established Member
Steve Bull was something else.
Bully is considered on a level with God in Wolverhampton. He was an incredible goalscorer but his loyalty set him apart, could have easily moved to a top club but stayed with Wolves and never played in the top flight.

I saw him a couple of times near the end of his career partnering a teenage Robbie Keane and his movement and strength were still brilliant.

Robbie Keane was a fantastic player, I saw him when he was 17 nutmeg Sami Hypia in a pre season friendly. You could see then that he was going to be a superstar.

Andrew Cole Linighan

I watched Keith Curle play when he was at Manchester City. Curle was signed from Wimbledon. City had also signed Terry Phelan from Wimbledon. Two quality defenders.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Bully is considered on a level with God in Wolverhampton. He was an incredible goalscorer but his loyalty set him apart, could have easily moved to a top club but stayed with Wolves and never played in the top flight.

I saw him a couple of times near the end of his career partnering a teenage Robbie Keane and his movement and strength were still brilliant.

Robbie Keane was a fantastic player, I saw him when he was 17 nutmeg Sami Hypia in a pre season friendly. You could see then that he was going to be a superstar.
Robbie Keane was Good. Had a spell at Inter Milan. Played for Coventry City, Leeds United, Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur, LA Galaxy, Aston Villa. (Might be other Clubs).

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Moussa Dembele at Sp**s should have played at a much higher level. I rated him when he was at Fulham, and was sad to see him go to Tottenham.

Steven Pienaar and Leighton Baines were low-key the budget Ronaldo-Marcelo left side of the Premier League.

Aiden McGeady for Celtic.

Louis Saha.

Tadic and Pelle at Southampton moved me.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Moussa Dembele at Sp**s should have played at a much higher level. I rated him when he was at Fulham, and was sad to see him go to Tottenham.

Steven Pienaar and Leighton Baines were low-key the budget Ronaldo-Marcelo left side of the Premier League.

Aiden McGeady for Celtic.

Louis Saha.

Tadic and Pelle at Southampton moved me.

Aiden McGeady was an absolute problem back around 2012. Guy looked like he was going to be a top player.

Next thing he’s on Sunderland till I Die beefing with Chris Coleman. What happened @bingobob @Tir Na Nog

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Aiden McGeady was an absolute problem back around 2012. Guy looked like he was going to be a top player.

Next thing he’s on Sunderland till I Die beefing with Chris Coleman. What happened @bingobob @Tir Na Nog
Hard to say. He was an exceptionally skillful player but didn't have end product. He got benched a lot by Gordon Strachan who basically found him lazy. He moved to Russia for a record fee, ended up at Everton I think and then just went around a bit.

Sparrahork

Topical one from me - Reiss nelson! Fingers crossed he is now staying but I was gutted for him when we signed Willian. Didn't want him as I felt he blocked Pepe from having the confidence to succeed in his second season, more worryingly it pushed Nelson down to 3rd choice in what I hoped would be his breakthrough season for us.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Robbie Keane was Good. Had a spell at Inter Milan. Played for Coventry City, Leeds United, Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur, LA Galaxy, Aston Villa. (Might be other Clubs).
Robbie Keane is seriously underrated. He had a great club career but his international record was phenomenal, 146 caps, 68 goals. To put it in perspective Niall Quinn is their 2nd highest goal scorer with 21, which he passed at the age of 24!

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom