• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who is our biggest legend.

Who is our biggest legend??

• Arsène Wenger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • George Graham

• Herbert Chapman

• Ian Wright

• Tony Adams

• Liam Brady

• Cliffe Bastin

• David O'Leary

• Frank McLintock

• Charlie George

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

I just think it is a shame so many people on this arsenal supporters board dont actually seem to understand or have a clue about our clubs history. I know many of the people here are young new supporters but i still think they should know the history of the club. Herbert Chapman hasnt really been celebrated as a 'legend' but trully without him arsenal would NEVER be where we are today. He took us from an average semi pro side to being the dominant force of english football. This set us on our way to being the greatest team english football has ever seen in 2004. Wenger is definately a modern legend and has transformed us and taken us out of a slight dull patch. HOWEVER Arsène wenger is only here and making arsenal great because of the platform herbert chapman set down for him. Without herb we would have no Arsène. So i think its plain and simply herbert chapman who this club owes everything to, and i just think its sad so many here know so so little about him and majority only know from 1998 onwards.
Player wise noone beats tony adams as club legend, i mean, how many clubs are considering retiring a number? We have lots of legends, from bastin to brady to george to nicholas to wright to henry. But none of them are as big a club legend as big tone. Chapman and Tony are our clubs 2 legends. Followed by wenger.

Aussie

Established Member
theguvnor said:
I just think it is a shame so many people on this arsenal supporters board dont actually seem to understand or have a clue about our clubs history. I know many of the people here are young new supporters but i still think they should know the history of the club. Herbert Chapman hasnt really been celebrated as a 'legend' but trully without him arsenal would NEVER be where we are today. He took us from an average semi pro side to being the dominant force of english football. This set us on our way to being the greatest team english football has ever seen in 2004. Wenger is definately a modern legend and has transformed us and taken us out of a slight dull patch. HOWEVER Arsène wenger is only here and making arsenal great because of the platform herbert chapman set down for him. Without herb we would have no Arsène. So i think its plain and simply herbert chapman who this club owes everything to, and i just think its sad so many here know so so little about him and majority only know from 1998 onwards.
Player wise noone beats tony adams as club legend, i mean, how many clubs are considering retiring a number? We have lots of legends, from bastin to brady to george to nicholas to wright to henry. But none of them are as big a club legend as big tone. Chapman and Tony are our clubs 2 legends. Followed by wenger.

Thats why reading reading the Arsenal-Mania's history pages are a must for every new member.

Xyan

When I first found out that Wenger's first name was Arsène, I thought he was named just right for Arsenal... :mrgreen:

pome

nobody in my time as a gooner has given more than big tone, although wrighty comes close. wenger will probly overtake them tho cos hes not finished yet 8)

leongsh

theguvnor said:
But none of them are as big a club legend as big tone. Chapman and Tony are our clubs 2 legends.

theguvnor, this is one of the very rare times that I have to agree with you :)

The 2 biggest legends of Arsenal are Herbert Chapman, manager-wise, and Tony Adams, player-wise.

Herbert Chapman for the superb foundation he laid for Arsenal. Arsène Wenger, though, is fast-rising. With Ashburton Grove, he is going to lay the second foundation that should keep Arsenal at the very top for a long time.

Tony Adams is Mr. Arsenal. 'nuff said. There are other Arsenal players of legendary status or deserving of one but none has so far stood out as strongly as Big Tone.

Soler

Established Member
There isn't just 'one'. As far as players go, Cliff Bastin and Ted Drake in the 30s, McLintock and George from the 71 double team, Adams and Wright from the Graham era, Bergkamp from the Wenger era. I don't think we can just have 'one' legend.

Chapman, Wenger, Graham and Mee as far as managers go.

quattro

has to be Arsène wenger for me. yes, i am aware of herbert chapman and how he not only revolutionized arsenal but football itself, but when the time comes that im old and nearly senile (and probably cant remember a lot of things) and one of my great grandchildren will ask me about arsenal, i will probably utter something that includes the name "Arsène Wenger" first because i have had the chance to actually witness and experience his revolution at arsenal (and yes, football in general).

ozgooner

player: Charlie George. only because there is no DB10 there. :evil:

manager: wenger. dont need to say anything there. :D

Sonic Youth

wenger turned us from an english top team into a european top team, although he hasn't won a european trophy yet.
chapman turned us from a worthless club into the worlds number one. if only the CL had existed in those days....

but still i think tony adams is our biggest legend ever because he is the most passionate and loyal player and best defender highbury has ever witnessed.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom