• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who is our worst defender of the Emirates era?

Who is our Worst Defender of the Emirates Era?

• Mustafi

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Kolasinac

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Silvestre

Votes: 25 25.8%
  • Santos

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • Squillaci

Votes: 27 27.8%
  • Senderos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Djourou

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Preacher

Always Crying
am5nvOs.png

@Hunta top scouting ability:lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If he was the best LB in the bundesliga than Bayern would have signed him. Should have ****ing known.

Also no way Wenger wanted to sign him.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
You left out Djourou, always a mistake waiting to happen. Remember him being taken off at half time by Wenger because Nani was murdering him, think it was Yennaris came on for his one and only appearance and shut down Nani.

Mustafi reminds me so much of Djourou its not even funny, like there was a good defender in there somewhere just never could pull it together.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Some of the posts from Kola's thread.

"Do you really believe that? If he was really good and Juve, Chelsea, Man City etc wanted him, he'd have signed a pre contract with one of the big clubs in January or they would've gone the length to snap him up on a small transfer fee. Schalke are a club with huge resources as well so letting his contract run down like that is very negligent."

[Maybe he is considering his options?]

"That could be it but its unusual for a good player to be in this situation really. He is a defensive left back- very big, strong, aggressive and decent in the air. But he looked to be brainless every time I've seen him-over eager to dive into tackles, poor positioning and loses his head very easily- and his ability on the ball is below average."

All I know is pain. Pain is all I know.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
"It's horrible, because we always played football to win something. I went to Middlesbrough to win promotion. I went to Portsmouth because I wanted to win promotion. You look at these two clubs now (Arsenal Sp**s) and they're going to kick next season off looking to get fourth."

...Paul Merson

How is winning promotion any different from finishing fourth really...we are playing to get into Europe, you were paying to get into the Premiership...it's the same thing in theory.

I dislike when people do this, so unless you are winning the league, is there no point in other teams matches...not every team can win trophies, every team would want to, but it's just not possible.

He's a very up and down pundit Merse.

"So your grandchild is going to sit on your lap in years to come, asking: "Granddad, what did you win?" And you'll say: "Well, we finished fourth three times in a row." They'll say: "Fourth? You don't even get a medal in the Olympics for fourth!"

...this is even worse...just **** off Paul :lol:

Last edited:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Santos was awful, but it was mitigated by that he played as a fullback. Your chance to "shine" as a incompetent defender is much higher at CB.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Silvestre was one of the worst players I’ve ever seen here.

Baffling that he managed to play and even do well at Man Utd for almost a decade. Runner up is Squillaci.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
It comes down to which of them played the most games. They're all awful but if you only play 10 matches, you can't be considered the worst because you didn't have the opportunity to bungle things up to any large extent.

For all his ****ness, Silvestre only played 26 times for us.

Senderos was part of a defence that went to the CL final and played 64 games in total.

Mustafi has played 99 games in comparison and I can't remember 10 stellar performances.

Its Mustafi.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom