• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who'll be our first sending-off?

Henry IV

Who do you reckon will be the first Arsenal player to be sent-off in 2004/05, triggering the traditional pompous media furore about our lack of discipline? I reckon it might be Cygan for a mistimed tackle.

I've been doing a little statistical work and in the last three seasons, we've had a player dismissed in 21 matches. We've won 10 of those matches, drawn 7 and lost just 4.

cappy

I think Ash might go first - he did a mad lunge in the CS game that seemed to go unoticed by the commentators and he may be told by AW to be a bit more aggressive this season as left back is a position we have a great reserve player GC22 and can afford to lose Ash once or twice - especially if his extra aggression makes a positive impact on our games - like it did on Rat Boy (Ronaldo) in the Euros.

Remeber the season before last? We were very aggressive then and had players sent off relatively often and still won the league comfortably - where did we win it again? :mrgreen:

beanz

henry's girl said:
Go and wash your mouth out girl :lol: I'm gonna remember this post if titi gets sent off and bring it back to haunt you :woot
ps. checkout the "Caption Competition" thread :mrgreen:

kazu

vieira... either off the pitch or off to madrid... :wink:

hate to say that but someone's gotta do it...

i don't care who gets sent off, but we gotta make sure we don't lose the match because of it!

johe

I agree with lee1001, Pennant might get sent off for mouthing off or pushing someone. He seems quite easy to provoke. Usually I'd put my money on Pads, but it seems likely he will not be with come the new season. Maybe Campbell or Cole?

johe

Senial Arnie? Did you mean senile perhaps? How would you know if Cygan is senile? Senile or not he's a good center-back. :roll:

patrick42uk

Established Member
A.Hussain said:
after that headlock on smith, i putting my money on van persie :twisted:

agreed. when he loses the ball he gets frustrated and in his eagerness to get it back. he does get a bit rough. i saw it at the river plate game and the smith incident as well.

asajoseph

Established Member
Gilberto.

I tip him to be putting himself about a bit more now that Vieira seems to be going, and he's been known to make the odd rash challenge in the past. Not a straight red, but two yellows...

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright
Top Bottom