• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Why should we be selling???

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
no the only ones i see leaving are jeffers and wiltord and just maybe kanu

SuperBob

Berkgamp and Kanu both leaving? I doubt it very much I think definately 1 of them will stay maybe even both of them.. I can't see Wiltord staying nor Jeffers or Van.. I think definately Keown will retire and Shaaban off too Westham as James's replacement. Taylor leaving? why ? I think he's our future No1 after Lehmann leaves which will be at about 2006 i would say and I don't think Wenger will sell Lauren he's one of the most commited players in our team.

jaygooner

I can see the likes of Kanu and Wiltord not being at Highbury next season, but Wenger said that he would have about £20m to spend this year (£10m now and £10m in the summer) so if you look at the first payment for Reyes which was about £7m and then the £3.5m to be payed at the end of the season, that leaves £9.5m to spend.

We could infact see a few more players coming to Highbury, Kluivert(?), Defoe and Mexes all being possibilitys.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Heaven forbid we sign more players. If we did the press would be adamant that Henry, Vieira, Pires, Ljungberg, Campbell and Cole would all have to be sold.

pamilih

Incubus said:
I think we can say goodbye to both Wiltord, Jeffers and Kanu.

Not so sure about Bergy.

Our Strikers are now Henry, Reyes, Aliadiere and Bently.

Fully agreed. We need to trim the fat once in a while. We don't want a situation that the strikers becoming passengers, instead of leading the way.

lewdikris

Established Member
It's quite possible that 5-7 players from the first team squad will not be here next year - which is a lot. But none of them will be called Henry, Pires or Vieira.

Gio, Jeffers, Wiltord, Kanu and Keown are almost definite. And Pennant and Bergkamp are distinctly possible.

Man U and Arsenal have both used only 20 players this season in competition - which is surprisingly few, but shows the value of consistency (Chelsea have used 6745 players so far!). Us and them will probably need 22 by the end of the season - including our new strikers.

We need 2 very good players per position - a topline one and an understudy - and even if we lose all 7 of those, with a few promotions from the youths and some astutue purchases we're still top class. Better, even, than we are now..

pamilih

In the ideal world every club wants that, a top line pleyer and a talented understudy for every position. Chelsea is perhaps the closest to that ideals in the Premierhip but at what cost?

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom