• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wigan Vs Arsenal - Saturday 11th April, 2009 - 1500hrs

progman07

Established Member
atmosphere said:
progman07 said:
I don't think Song was abysmal in the first half. He misplaced some passes, but he had so much to do it was excusable. He had to win back balls and distribute all, because Denilson was hiding from the ball.

He misplaced the same amount of passes as Denilson - 4. He made about the same amount of successful ones. He made less interceptions. He made only one more successful challenge, but he covered less ground and his passing was less expansive.

If Denilson was as s**t as everyone says he was, then Song was too.
Do you make stats about how many times Denilson and Song smiled or which side they passed more towards, too?

To be honest, I'm starting to realize that all the Denilson defenders are stat-maniacs, just like Wenger. It seems that Denilson's only defenders are the stats.
I advise you to go back to Football Manager, where Denilson would be amazing with all those stats, but in real life it is absolutely different.

How many stats show being muscled off the ball, or not showing up for help when Song is closed down? Fortunately for him, zero. And these would be the stats that show a bit more about Denilson.

Meatwad

karl said:
Denilson didn't have his best game, but then most of the team seemed to be waiting for Wigan to tire. Mido tipified their side by running around like a dog in a park and then running out of steam. To be honest it was working well if they could keep it up. As for Denilson, he was trying to break up play and no worse than the rest of the team really. I think he suffers by being Brazilian and people expect a different type of player.
considering the type of player our long serving brazilian midfielder was, i don't see why arsenal fans would be under the false illusion that brazilians have to play a certain way. even edu wasn't some flamboyant brazilian. so that's not it.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
atmosphere said:
progman07 said:
I don't think Song was abysmal in the first half. He misplaced some passes, but he had so much to do it was excusable. He had to win back balls and distribute all, because Denilson was hiding from the ball.

He misplaced the same amount of passes as Denilson - 4. He made about the same amount of successful ones. He made less interceptions. He made only one more successful challenge, but he covered less ground and his passing was less expansive.

If Denilson was as s**t as everyone says he was, then Song was too.
Well said Atmosphere; I agree with that.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten
Top Bottom