• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Beginning to doubt myself, which rarely happens in football matters. You know I don’t beat around the bush so I’ll give to you guys straight yeah, I was sure Saliba wasn’t playing because he’s either not ready or simply crap, but I’m beginning to doubt myself and wonder if it’s just Arteta being a full on weirdo.

Saliba will need on the job development and that’s requires a big commitment from Arteta. Saliba also isn’t an Arteta signing.
Eh. I'm wondering if we're just seeing the Foden treatment of Saliba in Arteta's first season. I'm not too worried about it like most are.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Eh. I'm wondering if we're just seeing the Foden treatment of Saliba in Arteta's first season. I'm not too worried about it like most are.
Foden is an attacking midfielder, experience is less important for attacking players. Saliba needs to get minutes to gain experience. Its not like you keep him away from playing for months and throw him in and he has somehow gained much by just training

Manberg

Predator
There are 6 or 7 CB’s ahead of Saliba. What gives Saliba the right to be higher up the chain than someone who’s been at the club for longer yet is still waiting for his chance such as Mavropanos for example?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

There are 6 or 7 CB’s ahead of Saliba. What gives Saliba the right to be higher up the chain than someone who’s been at the club for longer yet is still waiting for his chance such as Mavropanos for example?
because we spend 30 million on one and 1 million on the other?

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Foden is an attacking midfielder, experience is less important for attacking players. Saliba needs to get minutes to gain experience. Its not like you keep him away from playing for months and throw him in and he has somehow gained much by just training
It's more a system thing. And he's been playing for the U23s. I think it's still similar to what Pep was doing with Foden when he first got there.

Manberg

Predator
And he has played hundreds of games and we want to extend his contract. It would make sense if we spend similar amount on a player and never use him

Mustafi was a world cup winner when we signed him and had lots of experience. What’s Saliba done to deserve a start?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Mustafi was a world cup winner when we signed him and had lots of experience. What’s Saliba done to deserve a start?
we blew our budget for a cb on him because we believed he had the highest ceiling of all them players we could sign. We believed he was so special that we even agreed to their demand of keeping him for 1 year and didnt walk out and decided not to sign a cb that season because someone special was coming

Manberg

Predator
we blew our budget for a cb on him because we believed he had the highest ceiling of all them players we could sign. We believed he was so special that we even agreed to their demand of keeping him for 1 year and didnt walk out and decided not to sign a cb that season because someone special was coming

Who’s we? Do you mean Raul? Raul doesn’t have the football knowledge to get his signings right.

Kysus

CB is not a position you just walk in at a young age and boss it at the top level, so unrealistic.
Just look at the De Ligt.

Saliba is the last player im worried about. Nelson for example is much more problematic

Breezy

CB is not a position you just walk in at a young age and boss it at the top level, so unrealistic.
Just look at the De Ligt.

Saliba is the last player im worried about. Nelson for example is much more problematic

De Ligt did walk in at a young age and boss it at the top level though.

Kysus

Most hyped up CB in a long time(have not seen enough of him to tell if warranted) and struggled big time after his move.

Physicality, especially pace, has been becoming more important for CBs these days due to the high line as it helps to cover up mistakes to some extent but there is so much more to CB play than that.
Upamecano is extremely highly rated but man he still has some horrendous decision making at times(which is expected at this age)

At CB calmness is essential(like an old Zen saying "patience for the muddy water to settle and become still") and at a young age there is usually just more "hot-headedness" and lack of experience.

In forward positions that young drive and aggression is more useful.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He looked absolutely tragic his first few months in Serie A, a vastly inferior league to the PL. Let's not be revisionist.

Breezy

He looked absolutely tragic his first few months in Serie A, a vastly inferior league to the PL. Let's not be revisionist.

Instrumental in Ajax’s CL and EL runs and club captain at 19. So my point still stands, he walked in and bossed it at the highest level.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭

It’s not so much what he’s done but who he has ahead of him that should earn him a place in the team. Having Mustafi ahead of you means you are either really poor or someone has made a mistake I don’t see anything in between.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom