• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Legend14

Established Member
I saw him twice for the u23’s and both times he was very poor. I expect talented centrebacks to be bossing it at that level. I’m not saying he won’t improve and become good in the future but based on what little I’ve seen of Saliba I don’t understand the hype at all.
The loan move should do him a world of good.
Shhh. There are a lot of people who are venting over the situation without many actual facts; "reason" is simply going to upset them more.

Last edited:

Moleque

This is a offence worthy of a sack in any organization, including the grocery store down my street.

What a ridiculous shamble. He's not coming back whether he turns out world class or absolute garbage. We've dropped 30mn straight down the drain.
Raul's been sacked, has he not? $100million on 2 transfers that aren't good enough to make the squad after 2 years.

bergholt

What on earth. How does that make any sense?

If you're done with the guy and have no plans for him, sell him now, get your 30 million or whatever back, and invest it in a new player that you do believe in.

Or play him and integrate him into the team.

Dicking around with 18 month loans accomplishes less than nothing. It shouldn't even be a discussion point.

Hard disagree. If we sell him now it’s a fire sale, other clubs will wonder if he’s damaged goods for some reason.

If we loan him out for 18 months and he develops well then we’ve got two good options: sell him at a good profit; or bring him back and find him a spot.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
What has happened to him is the equivalent of us getting a new manager tomorrow and that manager deciding Saka shouldn’t be in the squad.
:lol: That’s a wildly inaccurate equivalence. Saka has been tearing it up for the seniors whereas Saliba hasnt played a minute for them yet.

It’d be like a new manager coming in tomorrow and deciding [Insert name of highly regarded academy player who hasn’t played a minute for us yet] shouldn’t be in the squad, which is considerably easier to swallow.

I was very hopeful based on some of his performances in France, but he’s not going to get picked on that form. As disappointing as it is, you have to conclude that he’s not looked the part according to the staff. Obvious stuff really.

He’s probably going back into the French shop window with a view to recouping some of the outlay.

Wryer

This whole thing has been a bizarre mess with a lot of unanswered questions that reflects poorly on management, but if we sold Saliba tomorrow we'd almost certainly get most or all of that money back. Maybe even more. It may end up being an expensive blunder on the pitch, but it won't end up being an expensive blunder at the bank.

I take the point, I was exaggerating the full extent of the financial loss.

But I'm not sure about us being able to recoup most of his fee if we sell him tomorrow. He's damaged goods, and the entire football fraternity knows the club doesn't want him, and he doesn't want the club. Moreover, he has not been able to show any of his supposed quality. We probably also offered him some good wages over 5 years to bring him over. Hence it's unlikely any body will cough the full 30mn and beyond.

Legend14

Established Member
We are not going to sell Saliba. He will return to Arsenal in the summer when Luiz leaves. Currently, it's crowded at CB, so he is not going to get much playing time. A loan spell at Nice is basically perfect. He plays, he matures, he is with his family and friends, and hopefully he comes back even better as a very young player to join the other 5 young starters.

Glass half full ladies. We will establish this dynasty.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We are not going to sell Saliba. He will return to Arsenal in the summer when Luiz leaves. Currently, it's crowded at CB, so he is not going to get much playing time. A loan spell at Nice is basically perfect. He plays, he matures, he is with his family and friends, and hopefully he comes back even better as a very young player to join the other 5 young starters.

Glass half full ladies. We will establish this dynasty.
More like delusional. Arteta don’t rate the guy one bit and some how will play him in 7 months time? The guy is being sent back to France and will either be loaned again or sold depending on what offers we get for him. He will never play for Arsenal

Olivier_Giroud

More like delusional. Arteta don’t rate the guy one bit and some how will play him in 7 months time? The guy is being sent back to France and will either be loaned again or sold depending on what offers we get for him. He will never play for Arsenal
Exactly. The way Arteta treated this guy, thinks he is more of a nuisance and an inconvenience than an upcoming talent. If Arteta wants to loan him then loan him, do not make any leaks that he had enough of him, do not make an issue out of it. Arteta it seems has no people skills or just a hateful, angry little man. The way he burns bridges with his players and exposing them as troublemakers thereby lowering their value on the market speaks volumes of his character and lack of class. Arteta is either tactless or simply has a very low IQ.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
:lol: That’s a wildly inaccurate equivalence. Saka has been tearing it up for the seniors whereas Saliba hasnt played a minute for them yet.

It’d be like a new manager coming in tomorrow and deciding [Insert name of highly regarded academy player who hasn’t played a minute for us yet] shouldn’t be in the squad, which is considerably easier to swallow.

I was very hopeful based on some of his performances in France, but he’s not going to get picked on that form. As disappointing as it is, you have to conclude that he’s not looked the part according to the staff. Obvious stuff really.

He’s probably going back into the French shop window with a view to recouping some of the outlay.

Saka has been tearing it up at senior level, playing first team football. Saliba was doing the same, that’s the point. After two seasons of playing top flight French football and some Europa League Saliba has been told he’s not ready. If you want equivalence let’s just say a top French team bought Saka and then put him in the reserves because he wasn’t ready. Equally ridiculous.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
We'll have to wait for next season to understand better what Arteta thinks about him. It could be that he doesn't like his personality which turned out to be a problem with Pepe and Douzi. I can't accept that it's about the quality when the likes of Cedric, Luiz and Mustafi are still part of the first team.

What worries me here is the message that was sent to every other top talent in Europe

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Did anyone watch him in France, even just for one game?

That report 10 pages back makes it sound like playing him in the PL would be an absolute calamity. I know Ligue 1 is weaker but wtf?
I am OK with him not being ready for the league, but they had to register him for the EL, it was such a prick and petty move not to do so. They failed to secure a loan for him at the start of the season and then told him he wasn't ready for the EL, but then they registered all 14 academy keepers?
It's obvious Big Willy fell out with Arteta just like Matteo and didn't apologize for it, so Bad Vibes Mik decided to punish him.
Arteta needs a team full of betas like Elneny, Leno, Holding, Pepe, who would fall on the knees and post an apology on IG if Mik tells them so.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Don't think there is a player Arteta hates more than Pepe, he would rather brush Douzi's hair then working with that guy.
But Saliba, f*ck me, the guy didn't even get a chance to disappoint
Pepe giving Arteta foot rubs as we speak, desperately trying to get back in the starting lineup.

We brought on Willian and Willock ahead of him against West Brom. Lord knows what's going on there, maybe Arteta just hates French people.:lol:

Douzi, Saliba and Pepe, is it a coincidence?

Moah

Pepe giving Arteta foot rubs as we speak, desperately trying to get back in the starting lineup.

We brought on Willian and Willock ahead of him against West Brom. Lord knows what's going on there, maybe Arteta just hates French people.:lol:

Yep, all his friends are gone now. About time he thinks of hitting the road because man got no chance here under BVM.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

What about Laca and Auba? Both speaking French.

I would say Pepe would rather play golf with Bale and wait until the club is desperate to sell. Too bad for him that China is not an option anymore

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Fofana also said that Saliba was ‘out of jail’ once his loan move was finalised. There’s something dodgy going on there, I’m not really buying that he’s so bad that he can’t play a single minute of PL action.

You take these jail comments, Douzi being sent to Hertha, Arteta picking Willian over Pepe from day one and how he couldn’t wait to throw him under the bus and now the Saliba comments. All part of our young french contingent...and you have to think that there’s something going on there.

All guesswork of course but a very educated guess none the less.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom