• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian Joins Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

goonerfamily

Nah in all these Arsenal related podcasts Clive is the most knowledgeable. He has some coaching experience and his analogies are great to bridging the gap from coach to average fan. He had a great line where he compared Saka's positioning from left wing back to midfield as a dial on a thermostat and depending on who the opposition are, is how Saka positions himself. I don't know how to put it in a clearer way but let's just say he has a way with words.
Think he's a bit of an armchair tactician personally. I'm aware of his coaching experience but I personally feel it translates quite boringly into a podcast format. Honestly, find that Graham bloke's tactical insight on AFTV about as interesting. Not really a fan of anyone on the arsenal vision podcast though, Tim Stillman is alright I guess. Always been an arsecast extra man myself though haha

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I'll definitely check out your podcast. The thing about Arsenal podcasts is I only listen to them when we win :D
When we lose it feels like I'm wallowing in the grief of defeat.

Then I recommend the Tuesday Club - half of them are former or current stand up comedians so its largely laughing at stuff - even when they go off on one, it usually done humorously.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Nah in all these Arsenal related podcasts Clive is the most knowledgeable. He has some coaching experience and his analogies are great to bridging the gap from coach to average fan. He had a great line where he compared Saka's positioning from left wing back to midfield as a dial on a thermostat and depending on who the opposition are, is how Saka positions himself. I don't know how to put it in a clearer way but let's just say he has a way with words.

Yeah. Clive is very good in distilling those ideas in a digestible form. Sometimes its obvious dressed up as Wisdom, but he's the one I feel I occasionally learn stuff from.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I'm looking forward to seeing how this pans out now with this bloke, I'm a fan of this signing, I still believe he has quality in the areas we are lacking atm & especially considering he has come in on a free, pretty smart business by Arteta & Edu I reckon. The question being though, was 3 years a tad long despite being the only way we were going to get him & how long will he be able to stay at his current level?

blaze_of_glory

Actually think this is a smart singing. I've always thought Willian was a good player, he was always dangerous when he played us and very hard to get the ball off of.

Gives some experience on the left while the likes of Saka and Martinelli come into their own.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

EfegTTZWsAAgVk6

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

''We've been active in the market and we saw recently that we brought in Willian from Chelsea, a signing that Edu and Mikel are really, really excited about ''

Mikel specifically requested this and Edu/Raul delivered, they have backed the manager on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom