• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian: Moving back to Brazil

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He averages 3/4 league goals a season if you take away penalties, which Auba will take here.

Good point, 4 penalties last season.

It starts to look like we should play for a draw in any extra time games.

Auba, Laca, Pepe, Willian.. Luiz, AMN. Who else? Great penalty taker line-up. Almost too much.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I reckon Pepe can go up a gear in regards to goal scoring...Willian is being brought in to make our build up play better, a bit like how we used Hleb.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I reckon Pepe can go up a gear in regards to goal scoring...Willian is being brought in to make our build up play better, a bit like how we used Hleb.
He’s a good footballer and will pull strings for us next season, think he’ll have a good season.

Most of the issues around Willian centre around his contract, very very few people think he won’t come here next season and do well.

drippin

He’s a good footballer and will pull strings for us next season, think he’ll have a good season.

Most of the issues around Willian centre around his contract, very very few people think he won’t come here next season and do well.

The problem around complaining the 3rd year of his contract is that he would not be here at all without it.

Chelsea offered better 2 year contract and he would need no change of scenery.

Either you don't like the signing at all (because of certain arguments) or accept what it is.

It's not about 2 years vs 3 years, it was not on the table at all.

(If he fails in 1-2 years time, I admit I was wrong like Arteta too. But it is very expected that when he is not that useful in his 3rd year, AM will remind us endlessly how bad decision the management made. Even if he was good & needed in first two years.)

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
The problem around complaining the 3rd year of his contract is that he would not be here at all without it.

Chelsea offered better 2 year contract and he would need no change of scenery.

Either you don't like the signing at all (because of certain arguments) or accept what it is.

It's not about 2 years vs 3 years, it was not on the table at all.
Overall, it’s a poor signing for me.

drippin

Overall, it’s a poor signing for me.

And I say it's a great signing for free. We need some proven EPL players and have other areas to strenghten.

But that's just fine, let's hope he succeeds here. Seems like good guy.

GDeep™

League is very weak
And I say it's a great signing for free. We need some proven EPL players and have other areas to strenghten.

But that's just fine, let's hope he succeeds here. Seems like good guy.
It’s not free, it’s a 3 year commitment to a 32 year old attacker. A very rare deal of its type.

Let's play Aubamawang

It’s not free, it’s a 3 year commitment to a 32 year old attacker. A very rare deal of its type.
It is, but he does have a very good injury record and he's a very fit player. Even if he doesn't play every game, just imagine the benefits for the young players getting to train with players of that calibre. It can only improve them.

drippin

Ffs, do I need to school you or are just a smartass?

"What is a free transfer?

A free transfer is when a player moves from one club to another without a transfer fee being exchanged. Free transfers usually occur when a player's contract at a club is expiring or has expired."

https://www.goal.com/en/news/how-does-a-football-transfer-work/130og8e76770l1dcqbne3jntx7

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Simply can’t call this a poor signing unless you don’t rate the player.

He costs a total of 15.5M for three years. Value for money there can’t be matched. He’s only on 100k a week as well, could easily be loaned out or sold before his third year.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Loan him where?

Smithsonian museum?
Anywhere really. Loads of clubs would pay him 50k a week if worst case we have to subsidise some of his wages.

He’s still going to be a talented player, just maybe not physically by that time. At 34 he’ll still have a couple more seasons in him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Simply can’t call this a poor signing unless you don’t rate the player.

He costs a total of 15.5M for three years. Value for money there can’t be matched. He’s only on 100k a week as well, could easily be loaned out or sold before his third year.
He’s costing close to 30M with the signing on bonus, the last I read.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If you included his signing on bonus, his wage is more like 220k-250K a week, according to most reports.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

If you included his signing on bonus, his wage is more like 220k-250K a week, according to most reports.
Until somebody reliable says this, we’re ignoring that.

It’s been a while since his signing now, reliable numbers tend to trickle out. So far we haven’t heard any one reliable mention what the bonuses are.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Even if you take the lower end of the signing on bonus, 5M, then this becomes a 20M plus deal.

I’ll guess it’s a bigger signing on bonus as Willian is worth more than 5M in the market, closer to 10M atleast. I’m sure these numbers will eventually leak out, they always do.

Amy Lawrence totally exposed the Luiz deal, but we had to wait 6 months for her article.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom