• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

with henry been rested....

pires or ljungberg upfront?

• pires

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ljungberg

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rachael-8

and strikers out injured or in africa,wenger said he could play either pires or ljungberg upfront
who would play upfront and why?
id choose pires and move fred to the left

jc8gooner

I would play Ljungberg because of the great combination between those two a couple of years ago.

Or, I would make it a bit more attcking like this:

------------Bergkamp
-------Pires------ Ljungberg--
Edu Vieira Gilberto

Lukazan

Established Member
I'd pick Ljungberg.

Pires on the left wing is how it should always be. He is amazing there, whereas Ljungberg is sometimes abit iffy on the right wing.

Gunnsie

I'd personally choose this team

Smith Bergkamp
Pires Edu Gilberto Ljungberg
Cole Campbell Keown Toure

Id have pires and ljungberg playing much deeper though... hopefully gilberto and edu will get their defense in action to compensate for pires and freddy pushing further forward

Mark

Established Member
i think freddie and bergkamp would work great. they'd compliment each other very well as bergkamp likes to play deep and freddie likes to make runs into the penalty area, bergkamp plays great passes and freddie thrives on good delivery. those two will get us a lot of goals i think.

Gunnsie

i still say give a few young-guns a go. I wasnt too impressed with Bentley on tuesday, and we dont need 2 bergies, so I'd play Bergie with smith. Of course if aliadiere wasnt injured it'd be a whole different kettle of fish

Andrew

Pires.

But I think both of them should play more advanced, with Vieira, Gilberto and Edu/Parlour all holding the midfield.

Mark

Established Member
Pires and Ljungberg would also work quite well, but I hope Bergkamp starts upfront.

Ridge

yeah, bergy and freddie.

pires should play at the left coz there's no thierry henry today.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Bergie and Pires. Freddie on left. Parlour on right with Toure making the runs. Freddie is best on the left to me.

TB*Gooner*

We need Bobby in midfield. Starting things up.
Also Freddie has a little bit more experience up front I think.

Henry's Girl

bobby.
I think with henry rested, boro will come onto the game with more confidence (specially Mills, henry did make a fool of out him). But we're the gunners, we kick ass :)

JazzG

Established Member
If Dennis is upfront then Freddie. Pires is much better coming from midfield and suddenly popping up and scoring, also need him on our left wing more than we need fred on the right.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom