• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yoan Gouffran

athreya74

Age below 21 - tick
French - tick
Of African descent - tick

Hooray, Arsenal must be interested in him.

But as Arseblogger says, 'Arsène, let French kids remain in France'.

No, thanks Grimandi. Just track Ribery.

Arsenal_FAN1983

I guess Wenger is looking for another 18 year old Anelka.
If he finds him, hopefully the players attitude and advisors will be in favour of him staying at Arsenal for many years.

dos1986

Established Member
Very impressive kid,has great pace,great power on both feet.

And most importantly he can finish be it left foot,right foot,head,tap ins,30 yard blasters.

He's like a young Eto'o imo,very mobile,very ruthless,I hope we get linked with him more.

stiiphunn

Established Member
To begin with he doesn't play at Cannes as the article says, but at Caen.

And as Dos says he's a very good player. Has got bags of pace and is very good technically. And most important nowadays, he can finish.

I think Chelsea were linked with him last summer though.

evoh_1

Established Member
CAEN have a couple of real good young players and have along with Le Harve one of the best histories in bringing up french talent (Gallas, Bodmer, Zubar, etc)

both Elliot Grandin and Goufrann look good though Gouffran is more of a natural footballer and grandin is a more physical player.

kooldawg

Established Member
spartan239 said:
arsenal_hleb said:
correct me if i am wrong. clichy was from caen?

Clichy was from Cannes

Cannes has some pretty famous players too, I think Zidane and Cantona are both products of the Cannes youth system.

as for Gouffran, he seems to be the real deal. Good technique, good finishing, seems composed in the final third, more importantly for us, he seems to be able to score from set-pieces.

stiiphunn

Established Member
Cantona was from Auxerre actually.

But yes Cannes are quite famous for bringing through some special talents. Zidane obviously, but Patrick Vieira as well.

evoh_1

Established Member
cannes are now in the third division but have a rich history from the early 90s ala zidan, micoud, viera, etc. now they don;t hae much to offer as they don't have a huge academy but the previous profile ofthe club still attracts players.

dos1986

Established Member
I really hope that is true,would be a bargain for £2mill,has all the qualities I like in striker/winger...

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
OMG how many teenage strikers do we need? We already have Bendtner and Vela who are returning to the club next season.

dos1986

Established Member
Mr. Hotshot said:
OMG how many teenage strikers do we need? We already have Bendtner and Vela who are returning to the club next season.

He's 21 in May so not a kid..

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
dos1986 said:
Mr. Hotshot said:

He's 21 in May so not a kid..

Ali is 23 and he's still being called a kid. What I'm trying to say is that, we have TOO many young and inexperienced but have potential strikers. We don't need potential, we need instant-noodle striker who knows the game well enough and can can fit in our team instantly and give us 15-20 goals a season.

kooldawg

Established Member
But he's looks like a good talent.

Besides, the Boss probably has to replace 2 strikers, Bap and ali. Bendtner will be one replacement and maybe Gouffran is the other replacement.

And are reports of Vela coming back true? Has he sorted out his work permit issues?

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom