• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yoann Gourcuff

DaGunners

Established Member
We have no hope of getting him now, we have no place for him in the team unless its as a replacement for Cesc or Van Persie...

Cruisio

Established Member
I saw that goal last night and I was thinking the same thing, that we should try to sign him. He wont go back to Milan straight away because where would he play regularly? I reckon we might be able to get him on loan sometime in the future.

Quality goal though

outlaw_member

Established Member
I'm not surprised, the guy has been in brilliant form this season. I don't think he's returning to Milan, which himself and his father have made abundantly clear. Bordaeux have already agreed a fee to sign him, so I think a bid from us in the summer, would certainly interest him. I would take this guy ahead of any AM in the World at the moment, but I think Arshavin's signing would effectively rule out his purchase. Nevertheless, having the two petit Zizou's on either flanks would be stuff of dreams.

DaGunners

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
I'm not surprised, the guy has been in brilliant form this season. I don't think he's returning to Milan, which himself and his father have made abundantly clear. Bordaeux have already agreed a fee to sign him, so I think a bid from us in the summer, would certainly interest him. I would take this guy ahead of any AM in the World at the moment, but I think Arshavin's signing would effectively rule out his purchase. Nevertheless, having the two petit Zizou's on either flanks would be stuff of dreams.
I think he is a great player and all, but you would have him over any AM in the world? No way IMO. If we bought him he would probably play on the wings, but he is far too slow to be effective there IMO. He would only be good in Cesc or Van Persie's position.

I would much rather have Arshavin or Ribery. Even Ben Arfa...

outlaw_member

Established Member
DaGunners said:
I think he is a great player and all, but you would have him over any AM in the world? No way IMO. If we bought him he would probably play on the wings, but he is far too slow to be effective there IMO. He would only be good in Cesc or Van Persie's position.

I would much rather have Arshavin or Ribery. Even Ben Arfa...

Definitely ahead of any realistic target. He has a clause to sign for 15 million, which is good price for him.

DaGunners

Established Member
Arshavin and Ben Arfa are not "realistic" signings? We are on the verge of signing Arshavin and Ben Arfa turned down the chance to sign for us this summer...

Gurgen

Established Member
thegame24 said:
lol love the french commentators living up to the stereo typical "awa haw haw" lol

They're 10 times better than the boring English commentators. In France you can enjoy most matches just because of the commentary.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I think he is better than Nasri. Not too sure because apart from this video and 2 french match, haven't watched him. ;)

That goal is out of the world. Look at how he backfacing the defender with the fantastic footwork

outlaw_member

Established Member
DaGunners said:
Arshavin and Ben Arfa are not "realistic" signings? We are on the verge of signing Arshavin and Ben Arfa turned down the chance to sign for us this summer...

I was referring to Ribery and Ben Arfa as not being realistic signings. Ben Arfa just signed for Marseille, and they won't be selling soon, especially not for Wenger prices. Ribery as we all know is a no go area. Arshavin is probably the better talent right now, but I think Gourcuff would be a better long term and less risk signing.

DaGunners

Established Member
He won't be very effective on the wings for us with his lack of pace IMO. He isn't pacey or quick. Arshavin would be a much better fit...

outlaw_member

Established Member
I prefer the pace to be upfront, rather than in midfield. I think you should have as much creativity in the midfield as you could possibly get, and than have two out and out strikers, rather than a link up one. Arshavin can also provide that, but I prefer Gourcuff because of the previously mentioned reasons.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Just because he can perform for Bordeaux doesn't mean that he can perform for Milan or for us. Let's see how Gourcuff performs for Milan, if he does return to them, before we make any judgment on him.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom